Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 61114151617182126 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 667

Thread: Samsung EX-1 Review

  1. #301
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West
    Posts
    516

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    A quick shot and in-camera "vignetting" processing.

    Swivel screen really helps

    Exposure Time = 1/45 sec [0.022]
    F Number = 9/5 [1.800]
    Exposure Program = Aperture priority
    ISO Speed Ratings = 100


  2. #302

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Does the picture look soft? does all the "vignetting" processing picture look that way ?

  3. #303
    Member banana0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    jurong west
    Posts
    1,488

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    How's the battery performance of this baby?

    got some brands that there some battery issue.
    Last edited by banana0ne; 3rd July 2010 at 11:53 PM.
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

  4. #304

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Hey!

    Guess what happened between the time I bought this camera and now?

    I took many many photos and I am happy.


    What the fug are you guys arguing about?

  5. #305
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Shoots View Post
    Hey!

    Guess what happened between the time I bought this camera and now?

    I took many many photos and I am happy.


    What the fug are you guys arguing about?
    just what is ur problem? here in cs, we agree to disagree, we brings different point of views to discuss, may not be a polite one (different people different std of defination), but a discussion no less.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  6. #306

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    just what is ur problem? here in cs, we agree to disagree, we brings different point of views to discuss, may not be a polite one (different people different std of defination), but a discussion no less.
    my comment is no different from the way the "discussion" has been going on so far in this thread. some of the guys here are just trying to out-impress one another in politically-correct tones, but with ultimately useless banter - like you pointing out my use of the word "fug", when you completely, utterly missed my point of doing so and just fell hook, line and sinker to it.

    it's a camera i would love to share with you on a day out just for your comparison test (once i'm outta this high key reservist next weekend).

    and also, my original comment wasn't directed at you at all. i was just appalled at some of the things said by a certain gentleman who obviously isn't a photographer, but just someone who owns and shows off different cameras for the occasion.
    Last edited by Agent Shoots; 4th July 2010 at 08:14 AM.

  7. #307
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West
    Posts
    516

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    Does the picture look soft? does all the "vignetting" processing picture look that way ?
    vignetting reduces the original picture resolution.

    very impressed with low light performance....need the f1.8 to catch my restless cat

  8. #308
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West
    Posts
    516

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    How's the battery performance of this baby?

    got some brands that there some battery issue.

    300+ shots without flash.

    good enough for me

  9. #309

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Shoots View Post
    my comment is no different from the way the "discussion" has been going on so far in this thread. some of the guys here are just trying to out-impress one another in politically-correct tones, but with ultimately useless banter - like you pointing out my use of the word "fug", when you completely, utterly missed my point of doing so and just fell hook, line and sinker to it.

    it's a camera i would love to share with you on a day out just for your comparison test (once i'm outta this high key reservist next weekend).

    and also, my original comment wasn't directed at you at all. i was just appalled at some of the things said by a certain gentleman who obviously isn't a photographer, but just someone who owns and shows off different cameras for the occasion.
    haha.. i agree with you very much here! yea..

  10. #310

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    this is an interesting cam. I want to buy it. Best deal i find is 565 with 8 gig and bat. Any better deals?

  11. #311

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by gabond View Post
    vignetting reduces the original picture resolution.

    very impressed with low light performance....need the f1.8 to catch my restless cat
    Ah, ic. Truthly F1.8 sound interesting. Do you experience hunting of subject difficult when come to low light situation ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol81 View Post
    this is an interesting cam. I want to buy it. Best deal i find is 565 with 8 gig and bat. Any better deals?
    actuall $565 is very good. BnS sell 2nd hand at lowest $550 lao, at $565 only $15 different, i would go for it lao. Which shop selling tat price?

  12. #312

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol81 View Post
    this is an interesting cam. I want to buy it. Best deal i find is 565 with 8 gig and bat. Any better deals?
    Hey i too is very interested in this camera to complement my dslr. Sometimes it's just plain lazy to carry the dslr for snap shots. Really like the swivel AMOLED display! Did a quick side by side test with a G11 at a shop today and it seems to me that the colour reproduction on the camera's display is more accurate on the EX1.

    Anyway i found the $565 deal too. Do you think the seller is reliable?? I think i would go for it too.

  13. #313

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    I read that some ppl got it at 500. So jus curious where they got it from. So overall u guys feel that this is a good lx3 and g11 replacement?

    I didn't pay much attention to this camera at first until i saw someone buying it at amk color today. I took a set to try... I must say .. the build is quite good for a compact cam at this price range. The amount of control seems adequate. The wide angle and fast lens make the deal even better.

    I need a compact camera in situation I do not want to carry my dslr along.... I was considering EPL1 and G11.. but now I favour the ex1 more .. for the price and the screen.
    Last edited by Sol81; 4th July 2010 at 10:15 PM.

  14. #314

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    My initial person review on Ex1 does not really tally well with the term "Lx3 replacement". Thats why still waiting for some brothers or sisters who got this cam to help out. Im not denying the fact that this camera still got lots of functions yet to talk about but somehow dont see any of EX1 really keen in doing comparison of Ex1 with Lx3. hopefully Agent Shoots can hlp us when he finish his Reservist

  15. #315

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Shoots View Post
    i was just appalled at some of the things said by a certain gentleman who obviously isn't a photographer, but just someone who owns and shows off different cameras for the occasion.
    There are definitely a lot of those around here, bro.

  16. #316

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    To me LX3/G11 replacement or not does not really matter. Picture quality is not a very important factor to me and i believe that at the resolution i'm working with, all prosumer compact cameras will look about the same unless i heavily crop the picture. What is important to me for a compact digital camera is more of the functionality and ergonomics of it. What i feel about the EX1 is that it some what resembles a LX3-G11 crossbreed. It has a swiveling LCD (i really really like this feature) which the LX3 is lacking, it has a fast lens which the G11 is lacking, wider angle than the G11 but a bit more tele than the LX3, the size is some what in the middle too. Important camera adjustments can be tuned using dedicated buttons and it's built is solid!

  17. #317
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    shot from 30th floor of the Ritz this past weekend..... client's suite ha ha not mine

    mounted on tabletop tripod
    ISO 100 , f5.3 , 4sec


    ISO100 , f6.9 , 6sec


    ISO400 , f2.5 , 1/3 sec
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  18. #318

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    Samsung EX1:


    LX3:


    Samsung EX1:


    LX3:

  19. #319

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    These samples are gotten from the link below. There are a few more samples for comparisons. Just register as member and see yourself there. Hope they would be helpful for you guys here.

    http://unwire.hk/bbs/showthread.php?...27604;併

    Samsung EX1:


    LX3:

  20. #320

    Default Re: Samsung EX-1 Review

    All right I bought my Ex1 !
    I will post up some photo for discussion once I have time.
    Btw... i cant find the setting for saturation and sharpness in the camera menu. Anyone can help?

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 61114151617182126 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •