Thread: Camera Bags - Not asking which one to buy

Default Camera Bags - Not asking which one to buy

Hi All,

I know there are a million threads asking which camera bag to buy. I have been looking through most of them. I was wondering, what difference is like a Tamrac bag vs a Lowepro bag when the price can differ so much? My understanding is that both are good brands.

Is there something about camera bags that we should look out for when we want to buy? Like, sometimes, when you use, then you wished your camera bag had this compartment or something? Possible to share?

Default Re: Camera Bags - Not asking which one to buy

Quote Originally Posted by MilleniumX View Post
    Hi All,

I know there are a million threads asking which camera bag to buy. I have been looking through most of them. I was wondering, what difference is like a Tamrac bag vs a Lowepro bag when the price can differ so much? My understanding is that both are good brands.

Is there something about camera bags that we should look out for when we want to buy? Like, sometimes, when you use, then you wished your camera bag had this compartment or something? Possible to share?
    It's like branding of a toyota vs a lexus. Both are good brands, but the price difference.... you get the picture.

Essentially, shop around more first and see what you desire and require out of the bags. I personally have more than 4 camera bags and each of them have specific purposes.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

I agree with zac08.

I just realised that I have 4 bags too ...

1. Canon EOS Bag that came with the camera when I first bought it.
    2. Bought a Vanguard Oregon 50
    3. Lowepro TLZ2
    4. Vanguard Uprise 48

Yes, have used each one of the them on separate different occasions.

The first bag can only fit my 50mm f1.8, my kit lens, my body (EOS 500D) without battery grip, and some accessories. Can only carry it off the shoulder.

The second bag, can accommodate a tripod, flash, 75-300, kit lens, body with battery grip, water bottle, and some other small accessories. This is a backpack, so can use mount it in front of me, or on my back. Have to carry my notebook in a separate bag when on shoots, so an additional luggage to take care of.

The TLZ2 is my everyday use, which I put my body with battery grip, kit lens (18-55) and 75-300 next to it. Easy for me to sling across my body.

The last one, can fit my 13" notebook, all the lenses I have, all the accessories I have, and of course, water bottle and tripod. But in the end, it ends up being very heavy. Like the first Vanguard, also can carry it in front or on my back. Good for my weekend as it is my carryall! Even can stuff in an extra tee-shirt in the top compartment.

Hope this helps you understand better why some PGers use different bags for different occasions.

Cheers!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

I'm quite happy with my bags (A 5 Million and a 7 Million Dollar Home). I choose shoulder bags because I think they more convenient to fish out my camera compared to backpack.

I use the 5 Million for light setups and 7 Million if I want to bring out a more comprehensive equipment. That's all.