Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm bored :(

He caught something that he caught? Aahaahahah

Eh, does freelancing earn good money? What should i do to learn the ropes of a professional/part-time photographer??

Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    yeah i'm doing part-time freelance too. important to keep learning!

cool! you have the talent man... your wedding pics are a style of their own who knows, you may turn pro one day

I just came back. Was out shooting at Esplanade in the evening, then went dinner & karaoke with a friend. Can't sleep & logged on to CS, and realised that many more are just like me! Nite owl siah!

Hey Joho, enjoy yr trip to Melbourne & Sydney...I'm sure you'll have a great time there! I was in Melbourne in January...had such a great time I didn't wanna come back! Missed that place sooooooooooo much

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    nope, try again read the story very carefully
    man this is killing me...

Freelancing ... yes and no.. depending on where your priorities are. who your contacts are.

for more info, you can consult Ian or the similar threads that has spawned from this topic.

and NO... make a good guess

what a waste of internet bandwidth

I think most of us work better at night coz it's quieter and you free your mind of clutter so you tink better.

I'm nocturnal since Poly days

Freelancing ... yes and no.. depending on where your priorities are. who your contacts are.

for more info, you can consult Ian or the similar threads that has spawned from this topic.

Because people are not really willing to pay for photography services? Actually.. it'd be cool to work as a photographer ar.. Help people capture the special moments of their events.. Make it memorable.. Heh..

eh chaotic, bandwidth is always there what.. besides, how much bandwidth can a few peopel take?

Quote Originally Posted by OzOn3
    He caught something that he caught? Aahaahahah

Eh, does freelancing earn good money? What should i do to learn the ropes of a professional/part-time photographer??
    well, from my (limited) personal experience, i think money shouldn't be the most important part of the deal. for me anyway, since i don't intend to do it full-time.

i have a passion, and that's what drives me. the payment is for one, extra, for another, "moral" issues (one should always be compensated for hard work) and also becos i spend alot of time post-processing, and the money would pay for that time, more than anything else.

as for the ropes of a pro/parttime photog, well i'm still learning, but for the type of shooting i do, reputation, word of mouth and good people skills are very very important.

I'm also going into freelance photography, helping a friend's company. Erm, but I'm such a poor photographer, really don't think I can make it! Still learning, trying, struggling...

Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    ehhe well, i'm happee (i think!) in singapore now.

u singaporean? or aussie?
    I'm PR here ...

How long have you been back in Sg?

still no guesses??

I think most of us work better at night coz it's quieter and you free your mind of clutter so you tink better.

I'm nocturnal since Poly days
    Haha...tell me abt it! Esp during those crazy weeks where everyone's rushing for projects! My record? Working on a report for 3 days in a roll without sleep

The important thing about going into photography as well as many other commitments is 1) PASSION and 2) more PASSION

yeah, the money maybe good or bad at times but hey, it's the experience you are picking up

cool! you have the talent man... your wedding pics are a style of their own who knows, you may turn pro one day
    hey thanx man! i'm still trying to work out my style. i guess there's not much "working out" to do, i beleive it should come naturally. not wise to force something that's not natural.

i'm very flattered by the comments i've received, becos technically, i haven't been long in this "trade". very very fresh indeed. to be honest, i've never thot of myself as artistic at all, no way!

so i'm also going thru this with excitement. i'm eager to find out wat i can come up with becos i really dun have a clue!

btw, ur shots are frigging excellent too!

wha.. many many free lance photographers.. eh actually i notice liek.. er.. 4 kinds of people in CS

1. The working photographer who has a good grasp of knowledge on photography, etc

2. The playful photographer who don't really care about technical stuffs and just shoot because it's fun

3. The arty farty photographer who shoots on a regular basis to achieve that "level"

4. The technical photographer who shoots quite little, and comes to CS to explain things to people.. haha

of course, there are other types too.. but i think these 4 are the more prominent ones

still no guesses??
    He caught himself by mistake and jumped into the sea lah

still no guesses??
    wha lau snipaDee, how to guess.. the story also no clue.. give us the answer larrrrr

haha.. nocturnal record: 3 days in a CG lab, animating my final year project and simultaneously scripting the rest of the SGIs to render my other projects.. it's a killer 3rd year

Quote Originally Posted by OzOn3
    wha.. many many free lance photographers.. eh actually i notice liek.. er.. 4 kinds of people in CS

1. The working photographer who has a good grasp of knowledge on photography, etc

2. The playful photographer who don't really care about technical stuffs and just shoot because it's fun

3. The arty farty photographer who shoots on a regular basis to achieve that "level"

4. The technical photographer who shoots quite little, and comes to CS to explain things to people.. haha

of course, there are other types too.. but i think these 4 are the more prominent ones
    Which one am I

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast