Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Thread: Recommended DSLR

  1. #21

    Default Re: Recommended DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    You do know the D90 uses the sony sensor too, right? And that the benefit of DSLRs is that they are very configurable?

    So the built-in antishake and fast autofocus in live view doesn't matter to you?
    nikon d90 auto focus is it as fast as sony's ?

  2. #22
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Recommended DSLR

    All the models you have listed are very good cameras which can produce quality results. Instead of listening to your friends, maybe you would like to visit a shop and try them out. Handling and user interface plays a part too. Afterall, what your friend like you may not like and you are the one one using the cam and not him right?
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  3. #23

    Default Re: Recommended DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by xepanicol View Post
    nikon d90 auto focus is it as fast as sony's ?
    If you are NOT using live-view, then it's lens-dependent; both bodies are good. In LiveView mode, the Sony is much faster.
    Alpha

  4. #24

    Default Re: Recommended DSLR

    Most of the times I will b using liveview cos it has 100% coverage.
    Ytd just tried canon 550D. The feel is not bad. But yet to try a Nikon d90

  5. #25
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Recommended DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by xepanicol View Post
    thanks all for your great replies!
    Now i understand that in term of colours can be set.
    now i should look for is the specs and which can offer me more.
    well actually i'm looking into either Canon 550D or Nikon D90. or is there any suggestion that you guys can give me ?
    currently i love taking night shots/landscape/portrait.
    I suggest you look at Pentax K-x and Sony A550.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Recommended DSLR

    hi all, i'm newbie too. just would like to ask what kind of range is Nikon d 90? entry, mid range or etc???? thank you !!!

  7. #27

    Default Re: Recommended DSLR

    it's a mid range i think.


    Ahhhh.. now im stuck in-between of getting a Nikon D90 or Alpha A550.
    I like the fast AF in Live View(SONY).

  8. #28

    Default Re: Recommended DSLR

    d700!

    there's no right or wrong and there's no point pondering on it till the cows come home.

    if you are so undecided just go and rent both bodies for 1 week each and try it out.
    Last edited by pokiemon; 6th June 2010 at 04:06 AM.

  9. #29
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Recommended DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by ahead View Post
    hi all, i'm newbie too. just would like to ask what kind of range is Nikon d 90? entry, mid range or etc???? thank you !!!
    Mid-range

  10. #30
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Recommended DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by xepanicol View Post
    it's a mid range i think.


    Ahhhh.. now im stuck in-between of getting a Nikon D90 or Alpha A550.
    I like the fast AF in Live View(SONY).
    If you use Liveview a lot, you should just get the A550. I had the D90 before, and I've used liveview twice so far... once is to test it.

  11. #31

    Default Re: Recommended DSLR

    thanks all for e info,consider nikon d90. been hearing gd feedback abt nikon d90.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Recommended DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    Is this really a good test?
    This don't justify D90 is the best though I support D90

    There are more to look out for instead of just comparing the straight out of cam jpg..
    of course colour rendition is one of them, but not majority as colours can be adjusted and even manipulated. Shd look out for DR, spec, lens choice, viewfinder size, menu/access button design or even grip feel etc
    regarding this. Colours can be adjusted on the SLR itself or using program?

  13. #33
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Recommended DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by xepanicol View Post
    regarding this. Colours can be adjusted on the SLR itself or using program?
    Both.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Recommended DSLR

    do you know in sony where can the settings for colours can be found?
    Cause i don't see any option for it.

  15. #35

    Default Re: Recommended DSLR

    the canon d550 has been providing very good feel on my hand. and the menus and dslr itself seems to be very user friendly. i tried one at courts megastore the other day.

    as for the d90, it's a tad bigger and i dont feel good on hand. it's quite bulky eh. lol. and then i am unfamiliar with the use of the dslr. the promo girl disappear (or siam) when i wanna ask her to intro. LOL

  16. #36

    Default Re: Recommended DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by rockdhop View Post
    the canon d550 has been providing very good feel on my hand. and the menus and dslr itself seems to be very user friendly. i tried one at courts megastore the other day.

    as for the d90, it's a tad bigger and i dont feel good on hand. it's quite bulky eh. lol. and then i am unfamiliar with the use of the dslr. the promo girl disappear (or siam) when i wanna ask her to intro. LOL
    If you find the 550D feels good on your hand and the D90 feels too big, I would suggest you get the 550D then. No use if you get other features from the D90 but feel uncomfortable with it, both the 550D and D90 can get you good pictures, but a D90 can't make your hands feel better when you hold it if you feel it's too large.

    You also mentioned that you like the interface of the 550D, then I suggest you get a Canon body, interface should be relatively similar across bodies of the same brand.

    And by the way, Canon names their DSLRs with the 'D' behind the numbers (e.g. 550D), and Nikon have their 'D's in front. Just to make sure nobody shouts at you in the future for naming cameras wrongly
    Last edited by brapodam; 8th June 2010 at 09:11 PM.

  17. #37

    Default Re: Recommended DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    If you find the 550D feels good on your hand and the D90 feels too big, I would suggest you get the 550D then. No use if you get other features from the D90 but feel uncomfortable with it, both the 550D and D90 can get you good pictures, but a D90 can't make your hands feel better when you hold it if you feel it's too large.

    You also mentioned that you like the interface of the 550D, then I suggest you get a Canon body, interface should be relatively similar across bodies of the same brand.

    And by the way, Canon names their DSLRs with the 'D' behind the numbers (e.g. 550D), and Nikon have their 'D's in front. Just to make sure nobody shouts at you in the future for naming cameras wrongly
    haha. thanks for highlighting on that. hmm D90 is gona be replaced soon is it? it's quite an old model i heard.anyway what is the additional features the D90 have over the 550D? im new in the photography world, so pardon me for my ignorant.

  18. #38

    Default Re: Recommended DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by rockdhop View Post
    haha. thanks for highlighting on that. hmm D90 is gona be replaced soon is it? it's quite an old model i heard.anyway what is the additional features the D90 have over the 550D? im new in the photography world, so pardon me for my ignorant.
    it doesn't really matter. I would rather get the out-of-season models as they tend to be cheaper and the functions are still up to date. D90 has a pentaprism viewfinder, something that's brighter and bigger than 550D's. And it has an extra LCD info panel on top. I feel that D90 has a much 'better' (subjective here) grip than 550D.

  19. #39
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Recommended DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by xepanicol View Post
    do you know in sony where can the settings for colours can be found?
    Cause i don't see any option for it.
    Which model are you using? I believe it's stated in the user manual too.
    Anyway, I normally use the 'Fn' button on my A700.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  20. #40
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: Recommended DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by rockdhop View Post
    haha. thanks for highlighting on that. hmm D90 is gona be replaced soon is it? it's quite an old model i heard.anyway what is the additional features the D90 have over the 550D? im new in the photography world, so pardon me for my ignorant.
    you would need to go google d90 vs 550d. The biggest difference I feel is video, which I don't need on dslr.
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •