Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: stressed

  1. #1
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default stressed

    anyone feels stressed when shooting? like erm. covering events, and u are afraid ur photos arent nice enough, u didnt get the shot etc.

    i'm starting to get the jitters.

  2. #2

    Default Re: stressed

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    anyone feels stressed when shooting? like erm. covering events, and u are afraid ur photos arent nice enough, u didnt get the shot etc.

    i'm starting to get the jitters.
    maybe it's time to change your nick to : allenchickenhart
    always the Light, .... always.

  3. #3
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: stressed

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    maybe it's time to change your nick to : allenchickenhart
    blah. its quite the pressure


    emo...
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 3rd June 2010 at 12:38 PM.

  4. #4
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,931
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: stressed

    stress is inversely related to experience
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  5. #5

    Default Re: stressed

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    stress is inversely related to experience
    to me, more like how much $$$ i am going to get paid ...
    always the Light, .... always.

  6. #6

    Default Re: stressed

    yes. especially those important events. been through it, hope that i could overcome this thing.

  7. #7
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: stressed

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    stress is inversely related to experience
    does it? i thought its proportionate. the more inexperienced u are, the more u shoot for fun, the happier u are.

    yet once ur shooting for others as u move on, things get harder, ppl get picker, and ur overall stress lvl shld rise

    just like primary sch, vs uni. u get the difference

  8. #8
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: stressed

    LOL, I wouldn't get into your situation. For me, photography is a way of getting out of work stress. If I wanted to stress myself, I'd do more work (speaking of which I should stop surfing CS now...)

  9. #9
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: stressed

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    LOL, I wouldn't get into your situation. For me, photography is a way of getting out of work stress. If I wanted to stress myself, I'd do more work (speaking of which I should stop surfing CS now...)
    hahaha ~~ well. yes yes. it was until sch wanted me to cover events etc etc...

  10. #10

    Default Re: stressed

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    does it? i thought its proportionate. the more inexperienced u are, the more u shoot for fun, the happier u are.

    yet once ur shooting for others as u move on, things get harder, ppl get picker, and ur overall stress lvl shld rise

    just like primary sch, vs uni. u get the difference
    I agree... Ignorance is bliss.

  11. #11
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: stressed

    nvm. stress lvl dropped significantly. finally found a photo that i could show to ppl. something that is decently decent. phew
    now to find how to go to the place i needa go ...

  12. #12
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: stressed

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    hahaha ~~ well. yes yes. it was until sch wanted me to cover events etc etc...
    Oh if it's school and they not paying (or are they?) then I can be quite bochup about it one

    Take it easy lah. Maybe can ask some friends if they can double you up and help cover also?

  13. #13
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: stressed

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    ....the more u shoot ......the happier u are.
    How old are you?

    You sound like a happily married man.

  14. #14
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: stressed

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    How old are you?

    You sound like a happily married man.
    huh. unker u look up to me too much liao. letme shock u a bit. i'm 17

    and to the rest, not jsut sch lar. volunteered for yog youth photog. they wanna see me tmr at office. scary enough already. somemore want me bring photo let them see.dunno wad they wanna see either.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: stressed

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    .....they wanna see me tmr at office. scary enough already. somemore want me bring photo let them see.dunno wad they wanna see either.
    Just bring anything you're proud of covering a similar event.

    Relax. It's not your wedding day.

  16. #16
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: stressed

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Just bring anything you're proud of covering a similar event.

    Relax. It's not your wedding day.
    LOL i treat everyday like my wedding day

    ah. i suspect i'm gonna die young at this rate

  17. #17
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: stressed

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    How old are you?

    You sound like a happily married man.
    You faggin hilarious man! Why is it the more I read your line the more I'm able see a hidden meaning inside it har?

  18. #18
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: stressed

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Just bring anything you're proud of covering a similar event.

    Relax. It's not your wedding day.
    What? Which insane fella would shoot his OWN wedding day??

    Priest: I now pronounce you man and wife, you may now kiss the bride...
    Bridegroom: ok, ok hold please... I need to capture my pretty wife puckering up with nice creamy bokeh with my newly purchased 50 f/1.4 super portrait lens..
    Bride: .................. (facepalm + sian ji puah)
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 4th June 2010 at 12:08 AM.

  19. #19
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: stressed

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    What? Which insane fella would shoot his OWN wedding day??
    The one that got married to himself...........................
    Take the shot!

  20. #20

    Default Re: stressed

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    huh. unker u look up to me too much liao. letme shock u a bit. i'm 17

    and to the rest, not jsut sch lar. volunteered for yog youth photog. they wanna see me tmr at office. scary enough already. somemore want me bring photo let them see.dunno wad they wanna see either.
    No need to stress too much, I think its not like you need a 100% hit rate or a very high number of excellent shots. A handful of good shots per session is an achievable target.
    Besides, still got plenty of time to practice before then.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •