Thread: art350 need some tips..

Default art350 need some tips..

m wondering if a Canon 350D(Rebel)okay for a 'so newbie' to begin shooting?understand its kinda "getting old" machine isnt it?

Deregistered

Default Re: art350 need some tips..

Quote Originally Posted by art350 View Post
    m wondering if a Canon 350D(Rebel)okay for a 'so newbie' to begin shooting?understand its kinda "getting old" machine isnt it?
    Every camera is OK for a newbie.Even the 1D4 is also ok

you can start shooting with your handphone camera too. you can start shooting with your eyes too. you can start shooting with film cameras too. you can start shooting with your compact camera too.

It's a good camera, though there are a few things worth thinking about:

1) electronics do tend to fail after a certain number of years. Not saying that it will definitely fail, but the risk of failure is higher with an older product.

2) After being spoilt by the newer models, I find it hard to use an older model.
    Things like:
    - bigger and brighter viewfinder
    - bigger and sharper LCD screen
    - more solid construction (not always)
    are reasons why I'd go for a more current model.

Good luck with your purchase!
    Exploring! :)

thnx a lot for the tips..its comforting to hear..

Its ok if you know how to optimize its usage

There's no really neglected obsolete old models cam not able to deliver the goods..

I had seen award winning pic shot using the D40X with kit lens u know..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Welcome to CS
    If you think that your photography journey is going to be a long way, go get a newer or latest model if your pocket permits you.
    Its not point getting an older model & after a few months down the road, you itch for a better model. Then you'll have to loose out on this old one & come out with more money to buy a new one, unless your hobby is a short lived one.
    Go make a study of it & decide wisely
    Take the shot!

It might be old in terms of consumer electronics where the game console from last year is already overtaken by 2 new releases or models and everybody is waiting for the next iSomething. But capturing light is now about 200 years old, still there are many mechanical film cameras in good working conditions and electronics don't fail so easily as the marketing departments want to make us believe (in order to buy their newest stuffs). My film camera is discontinued since 8 years, still working fine. Guess somebody forgot to tell about break down
    My 350D works fine in its 4th year, has survived drizzle, dust, heat and bumps. Still the results amaze those using the newest (digital) cameras. New technology can help (ISO, frames per second, Live View) if you require the features. But the best camera will not help if you don't know which end to point to the object (ok, exaggerated).
    It is a budget entry into DSLR. Especially if you are not sure where you will go to it makes sense not to spend too much money on the hobby.
    EOS

All I can say, it's is not a question of equipment, but the person with the soul behind the viewfinder.

Go in peace and enjoy your 350D!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

thanks to everyone who have given me the great tips and advice.. Appreciate it.. hopefully with the guidance from the CS members, i am able to produce better shots..
    Totally agree that equipment does not matter, its the heart and soul of one behind the viewfinder..

Again thx all...

ZerocoolAstra brought up one pertinent point:

1) electronics do tend to fail after a certain number of years. Not saying that it will definitely fail, but the risk of failure is higher with an older product.
    The camera being discussed is newer than my 10D, and my 10D is still going strong ... very strong!

It helps if you know how careful the previous owner(s) were, and if the camera was often subject to possibly detrimental conditions.

If you can afford a little more, go for a newer body ... say 30D/400D onwards.

All the best!

thanks to everyone who have given me the great tips and advice.. Appreciate it.. hopefully with the guidance from the CS members, i am able to produce better shots..
    Totally agree that equipment does not matter, its the heart and soul of one behind the viewfinder..

Again thx all...
    It's not right to say that the equipment does not matter.
    In fact the equipment does matter.
    1 of the reasons why pros like the high-end models is that many functions are customisable.
    They can configure things the way they like, which allows them to concentrate on the task at hand.
    So the equipment "smoothens" the process.

However, that being said, the skills and "soul" (as dingaroo put it) of the photographer matter more.
    Last edited by ZerocoolAstra; 4th June 2010 at 08:26 AM.