Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cameron Highlands. recommendations pls.

Default Re: Cameron Highlands. recommendations pls.

Was there last National day period...first time there, kiasu by nature, took the highest and one of the biggest hotel....Equatorial.....it was so so acutally but that was the few that is famoust to me...the other being Strawberry Park......YTL will be too expensive but it's really nice As one of the forumer above, De La Fer looks quite decent so I might try it if I go again.....other than that, the pasar malam only open on friday and saturday evening, and every evening on Msian school holiday period.....here are some of my collection if you are interested

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m...view=slideshow

what's YTL?
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    what's YTL?
    Cameron Highland Resorts

http://www.cameronhighlandsresort.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    wah ..... only you know their ownership structure

Yup agree with you, that resort is top-class... but cameron highlands, being the rural getaway that it is... i refrained from over-extravagance

It's good to see a few more developments coming up, but I hope the entire area does not lose it's 'charm' through over-development... fingers crossed...
    Exploring! :)

1) you can plan your route properly by choosing to go up by the new route or the old. the old route you just exit NS highway via Tapah. The new route is further up, away from singapore. (both are equally windy, but new route turns are wider and imo, more things for you to shoot along the way)...

2) there are a couple of hotels that are decent over there... hotel equatorial, hotel heritage, century pines, strawberry park etc etc... these are just some of the decent and cheap ones you can get over there, there are more of course. but my vote goes to century pines. google it for the contact number...

3) good food... steamboat is a must try up there. most number of restaurants can be found in brinchang... those by the road side, they will always come out and "jio" you in to dine. but they doesnt not necessary serve the best and cheapest food. look out for "OK Tuck" or Highland Restaurant. both of them have very nice steam boat and zi char... if you dont know where it is, ask the locals, they should know it after all it's a small place...

4) gunung brinchang is not to be missed if you want to get a scenic view of cameron highlands. just pass hotel equatorial on the way up, another 50-100m you should be able to see a left turning and rather steep upslope going up to gunung brinchang. you cannot reach the top becuase only motorcycles are accessible to it. but you can make a detour on the way, to boh tea plantation... used to be very ulu, and now more and more ppl seems to know that place. hence driving in can be a lil tricky... the roads are barely enough for 1 car, and some times in order to pass, you have to really siam till max...

enough said, what i mentioned should get your planning going already, feel free to pm me for more questions...

Dun go on weekend. Every where also jam. Heritage hotel is good.

U can try mozzy forest.

Buy crocs shoes there, very cheap and same design as orginal. Haha.

FYI, pls book ur hotel in advance. Fully book during weekends.
    Last edited by sakuragiz; 25th June 2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Edit
    39, 40.5, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12