Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 129

Thread: JJ Lin's Youth Olympic Games song is a disgrace

  1. #81
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: JJ Lin's Youth Olympic Games song is a disgrace

    Quote Originally Posted by KY1977 View Post
    I think the purpose of this song is to give our visitors a good laugh during the games when they see a group of locals doing the moves together.
    Why can't we learn to embrace what has given to us with enthusiasm?

    Come come learn to sing it and you'll love it.

    First in front of the mirror

    then out in the street when you're good at it.

    If you take the initiative to be the first to sing,

    The rest of Singapore people will join you

    be in in MRT, work place or at the bus-stops.

    O YEAH, O YEAH, O YEAH, HEY
    O YEAH, O YEAH, O YEAH, HO

    YOU are the ONE, Singapore
    NOW is the TIME, here we GO, YEAH!

    O YEAH, O YEAH, O YEAH, HEY
    O YEAH, O YEAH, O YEAH, HO

    YOU are the ONE, Singapore
    NOW is the TIME, here we GO GO, YEAH!

    Beat of the drum (beat of the drum)
    Feet on the ground (feet on the ground)
    Shout it out loud (shout it out loud)
    Make us all proud (make us all proud)

  2. #82

    Default Re: JJ Lin's Youth Olympic Games song is a disgrace

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Why can't we learn to embrace what has given to us with enthusiasm?

    Come come learn to sing it and you'll love it.

    First in front of the mirror

    then out in the street when you're good at it.

    If you take the initiative to be the first to sing,

    The rest of Singapore people will join you

    be in in MRT, work place or at the bus-stops.

    O YEAH, O YEAH, O YEAH, HEY
    O YEAH, O YEAH, O YEAH, HO

    YOU are the ONE, Singapore
    NOW is the TIME, here we GO, YEAH!

    O YEAH, O YEAH, O YEAH, HEY
    O YEAH, O YEAH, O YEAH, HO

    YOU are the ONE, Singapore
    NOW is the TIME, here we GO GO, YEAH!

    Beat of the drum (beat of the drum)
    Feet on the ground (feet on the ground)
    Shout it out loud (shout it out loud)
    Make us all proud (make us all proud)
    I think ppl will laugh at u instead of joining in?

  3. #83

    Default Re: JJ Lin's Youth Olympic Games song is a disgrace

    maybe the next flash mob will be doing this stupid move..

    oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah HAH!
    Nikon D90 | SB800 | N18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 | N50mm f/1.8 | T11-16mm f2.8

  4. #84
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: JJ Lin's Youth Olympic Games song is a disgrace

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    I think ppl will laugh at u instead of joining in?
    I saw someone started it in New Bridge Road.

    And people stopped walking and joined in.

    Looked like everyone was having a good time.

  5. #85

    Default Re: JJ Lin's Youth Olympic Games song is a disgrace

    that bad??

    i dun think so.............

    easy to remember and easy for all ages to follows......... maybe the move can be improved...
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  6. #86

    Default Re: JJ Lin's Youth Olympic Games song is a disgrace

    The reverse Hadouken and the firing of pistol really takes the cake

    I like most of JJ's songs, but this is one I won't be d/l'g onto my iphone

  7. #87

    Default Re: JJ Lin's Youth Olympic Games song is a disgrace

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I saw someone started it in New Bridge Road.

    And people stopped walking and joined in.

    Looked like everyone was having a good time.
    Sure the location is at New bridge not Woodbridge ???

  8. #88
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: JJ Lin's Youth Olympic Games song is a disgrace

    I think the song wants us to become instant William Hung overnight...

  9. #89
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: JJ Lin's Youth Olympic Games song is a disgrace

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    i think the song wants us to become instant william hung overnight...
    she bangs!

  10. #90
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: JJ Lin's Youth Olympic Games song is a disgrace

    Walao.

    The music itself isn't bad for 60 seconds but the words are simplistic and the actions laughable. I've seen a JJ Lin concert DVD and he was much better. Even if you don't like his music, you can see that this wasn't quite right. It's certainly not inspiring.

    Is it the lack of time (60 seconds) or his English, or the people in charge of the project?

  11. #91
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,376

    Default Re: JJ Lin's Youth Olympic Games song is a disgrace

    I felt so embarrassed after watching it...it was that terrible...

  12. #92

    Default Re: JJ Lin's Youth Olympic Games song is a disgrace

    Well they did this rubbish for 33.5 minutes (2010 seconds) at youth sports conference.

    Thought it's funny for a few minutes but it's a bad joke after that...

  13. #93

    Default Re: JJ Lin's Youth Olympic Games song is a disgrace

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Well they did this rubbish for 33.5 minutes (2010 seconds) at youth sports conference.

    Thought it's funny for a few minutes but it's a bad joke after that...
    33 minutes?????

  14. #94
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default Re: JJ Lin's Youth Olympic Games song is a disgrace

    It's a disgrace that song. Cheesy is the word. I think I'll cover my ears and close my eyes if that song ever appear in the YOG opening ceremony! Yaks!

    Is this what Singapore can offer for an international event like this?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  15. #95

    Default Re: JJ Lin's Youth Olympic Games song is a disgrace

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    It's a disgrace that song. Cheesy is the word. I think I'll cover my ears and close my eyes if that song ever appear in the YOG opening ceremony! Yaks!

    Is this what Singapore can offer for an international event like this?
    Too bad...it seem to be true. If the change the song now more disgrace.

  16. #96

    Default Re: JJ Lin's Youth Olympic Games song is a disgrace

    Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    33 minutes?????
    Yup. Got rehearsals before that some more.

    I think the song is fine if you don't demand much, but the moves are horrible.

  17. #97
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: JJ Lin's Youth Olympic Games song is a disgrace

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Yup. Got rehearsals before that some more.

    I think the song is fine if you don't demand much, but the moves are horrible.
    ur at the conference? i wasnt there. but i heard abt it. wad was it abt

  18. #98

    Default Re: JJ Lin's Youth Olympic Games song is a disgrace

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    ur at the conference? i wasnt there. but i heard abt it. wad was it abt
    Boring talks for the first 2 days, a "feeling fab" activity and rehearsal + actual performance of the YOG 33.5 minute cheer. I only covered the third day

  19. #99
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: JJ Lin's Youth Olympic Games song is a disgrace

    great. thats sounds... not exciting (:

  20. #100
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: JJ Lin's Youth Olympic Games song is a disgrace

    Looks like Oh Yeah has become a unifying force among Singapore people in disliking it.

    So Bei Siong we are also united.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •