Thread: 2nd hand cameras?

Default 2nd hand cameras?

just want to find out your views on buying 2nd hand cameras?
    what to look out for?
    and what do u guys think about buying from overseas?
    anyone bought from overseas before?

Where are you buying it from? There are many reputable 2nd hand vendors in the US. KEH seems to be very reliable and honest. E-bay is risky and you should be ready to be cheated. Do your research and do not get stuff because it is cheap. Local 2nd hand shops are good but expensive than forums like these. You can find good deals here.

I'd personally not buy electronics from overseas. Mechanical devices are (generally)more reliable. I have had good and bad experiences from e-bay and yahoo auctions. And exclusively good experiences in club-snap forum. local shops have been good to me too though I feel the deal is not too great.

Do your research. Use Google and you will find potential issues in buying in auction sites.

Quote Originally Posted by wainism
    just want to find out your views on buying 2nd hand cameras?
    what to look out for?
    and what do u guys think about buying from overseas?
    anyone bought from overseas before?
    for me ok to buy 2nd hand, but must really check and pay... better still if still have warranty...
    and i won't risk buying from overseas... especially expensive electronic goods... cos cannot even check the equipment... so ur deal will largely depend on luck...