Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gaza aiders boarded by Isreali forces

Default Re: Gaza aiders boarded by Isreali forces

Quote Originally Posted by sk8 View Post
    I would agree in general, but IMHO there are certain political agendas, and some industries (e.g. media, arms) that would happily like to see the conflicts extended. And there lies the crux- the solutions are actually not that hard to think of, but its those powerful forces at work that prevent them from being implemented.
    what would you propose as a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    don't see a need to bring out the metal poles or throw soldiers overboard though.

these are not peaceful activists.

politics aside....any uniform personal when confronted by such aggression with knives etc, is justified to return fire wif lethal force. Those trouble makers were clearly looking for deadly confrontation.

It's better than the new remade version! (WARNING: religiously sensitive!!!)

Seriously, Israel does NOT give a sh*t what the world thinks. They'll just mock you like they do in the vid.
    Last edited by cks2k2; 7th June 2010 at 12:50 AM.

Off topic:
    I went to a social worker seeking for financial help. She asked about my spending habit. Gladly, I shown her my past week receipts, which nothing short of buying a Nikon D4 and having fine lunches and dinners throughout the week . Wow she was impressed, and grants me a million dollar.

A wine company pay me handsomely to do a research on wine and how it benefits us. I churned out with a report that wine shorten our lifespan and sexual performance. They were impressed and use the report as their ad campaign.

I think there is a lot more to this whole mess than either side are saying. If you look at it from the U.S.A., things look somewhat different.

In the Bible, it talks about the people of Israel being the chosen people. (I think they wrote it in there themselves, as so many others have used the book for control and conquest.) There are some passages about those who help Israel will be rewarded or some such.

Since the U.S.A. is more-or-less (less today but more vocal) a country of Christians and church leaders have long pushed that Jews were good and Muslims were evil, what else would the U.S. government do but to support Israel?

Israel was defeated so long ago and Palestine existed instead. Then, Israel was reborn. I think the war wasn't fair and square. American Jews were sending money and bargaining for weapons. I don't believe that the U.S. government was involved but I wouldn't rule out that they worked with the Jews in order to assure victory.

They're all cousins; in fact, we all are, some closer than others. It's the "eye for an eye" thing that keeps this going. Rather than trying to find peace, they'd rather make trouble on both sides. The Israeli government agreed to stop settlements on the Gaza Strip and West Bank years ago and they did nothing to stop building. The radical factions win, the majority of the people lose.

Supposedly, the Israeli government doesn't starve people but yet, the people can't get food and medical attention because it's stopped at every checkpoint possible and delayed, if not confiscated and they blame the other side.

Whether the recent boats had a good reason or not, I don't know, but then the Palestinians were tunneling into Egypt in the last couple of years to get supplies but the Egyptian government was filling the holes as soon as they could. There is no official way for Palestinians to get from their territory directly to Egypt.

I wish them all luck but the only way to resolve this is much bigger than either group would like.

A picture says a thousand words.

CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    A picture says a thousand words.
    and a thousand lies aslo.

so with the pictures... are we saying that the so-called aid workers are ready for a fight and are not the seemingly peaceful activists?
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    what would you propose as a solution?
    I was afraid someone would ask!

IMHO, there is not one single solution but a combination of several, such as:
    - Trouble-making countries to stop supplying arms to terrorists.
    - Israel for their part, conducts a hearts and minds campaign.
    - The media to conduct more balanced reporting.
    etc., etc.,

The above list is not exhaustive of course.

IMHO, there are countless ideas (the exception is full scale military/economic force that affects the general population) that would be able to contribute to a positive long term outcome for an ideological conflicts such as this. But like I said before, there will be some powerful forces that will prevent ideas such as the above from happening. They need to be overcome first. IMHO, an opportunity to overcome one such force was lost by allowing the illegal re-election of the Iranian president.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8 View Post
    I was afraid someone would ask!

IMHO, there is not one single solution but a combination of several, such as:
    - Trouble-making countries to stop supplying arms to terrorists.
    - Israel for their part, conducts a hearts and minds campaign.
    - The media to conduct more balanced reporting.
    etc., etc.,

The above list is not exhaustive of course.

IMHO, there are countless ideas (the exception is full scale military/economic force that affects the general population) that would be able to contribute to a positive long term outcome for an ideological conflicts such as this. But like I said before, there will be some powerful forces that will prevent ideas such as the above from happening. They need to be overcome first. IMHO, an opportunity to overcome one such force was lost by allowing the illegal re-election of the Iranian president.
    I am not idealist, I am a realist.

Good luck if your ideas can really be heard by those who involve.

I believe this is a case of Miscommunication. WHen the Flotilla brings out the White Flag.Israelis Army still showing aggressively by shotting to the sky as warning. In turn, when they boarded, the only instinct that they thought was, they gonna get shot at. Thus the scuffle and death.

I think, in the first place if the israelis boarded the boat when the white flag is up w/o being aggresive, this might have not happen. Again, every human has each own unique stupidity. Bo pian...
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    so with the pictures... are we saying that the so-called aid workers are ready for a fight and are not the seemingly peaceful activists?
    Please, why keep harping on whether the activists are peaceful or not? Is there any legal basis for Israel to impose the blockade and board the ship at all? Just because Israel has the power to impose the blockade doesn't mean it is right, and others must obey it.

Quote Originally Posted by crusher View Post
    Please, why keep harping on whether the activists are peaceful or not? Is there any legal basis for Israel to impose the blockade and board the ship at all? Just because Israel has the power to impose the blockade doesn't mean it is right, and others must obey it.
    and there are legal channel for countries that demand that the blockage be cleared. No?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmore View Post
    and there are legal channel for countries that demand that the blockage be cleared. No?
    Please lar, do you know how many times Israel ignored the UN resolutions? People are dying and you all still expect them to reason with a gangster like gentlemen?

Please lar, do you know how many times Israel ignored the UN resolutions? People are dying and you all still expect them to reason with a gangster like gentlemen?
    You already say they are gangster already what, so why bother looking for any legal reason?

A Palestinian girl uses a small box as a bed, inside a tent in northern Gaza Strip, June 8, 2010. Their house was destroyed during Israel's three-week offensive in Gaza during 2008-2009. REUTERS/Mohammed Salem

http://www.fotoglif.com/f/8u3cauxcfvpz

Although we are grateful to Isreal for helping to train our NS men in 1965, the style of the Isreali leadership may have changed as time passes.
    I don't blame the Isreali soldiers because they have no choice if they are commanded to do certain things.

Well, Hamas should not be firing rockets into Isreal.
    The 2010 Isreali leadership think blockade is the way to stop Hamas.
    Maybe USA their big brother can help to broker a solution to help the Gaza people.

Some of the things the Isrealis do to the people in Gaza remind us of the wanton bullying by Nazis to Jews long ago.

Big brother USA (White House) has already officially said the blockade is unsustainable.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6536PD20100604
    At least the big brother has some sense.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 10th June 2010 at 06:51 AM.

So you are advocating more violent to resolve the current problem in Israel?

How abt UN passing a bill to allow any country to attack Israel at will in order to free those trapped?

Let's face it, playing hard ball is not going to be beneficial to anyone.

And stop being naive that those supplies are just what it is - supplies. If the ships are full of angels with a genuine heart to help bring in aid, their attack on the soldiers are not going to help their cause.

It would have been wiser to be arrested without resist and Israel will be made to look worst off then they are now.

The conflict is far deeper then what most impt can really grasp (including myself). It is both political and religious in nature.

The heart of issue is Palestine. Zionist & Muslims wants the Palestine/Israel and Zionist don't want it to share with Muslims. Zionist is an idelogy which was created in 19th century. There was always Jewish living in Palestine but the problems arises when Zionist (European Jewish) start arriving in Palestine.

fast-fwd to 21st century, Zionist now is driven by politically powerful American Christians (Evangelist) with intention of expand "Israel" and taken advantage by Israels to solidify its position & enrich it. Not all Jewish are Zionist. It is an undeclared war between Muslims vs Zionist over a territory of Palestine.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345