Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gaza aiders boarded by Isreali forces

Default Re: Gaza aiders boarded by Isreali forces

Quote Originally Posted by crusher View Post
    Yes, it is really hard, as I don't know what is "emphathise" to emphathise.
    but you do know how to "break the enemy from the inside"

please teach me that sometime.

always 2 sides to a story, easier for us here in safe singapore to have our say, want to know the whole story? be there, the middle east.

our opinions were already formed the moment we decided which side we are on.

so many threads on so many issues and it's never an unilateral opinion. like i have said, always 2 sides to a story. for example, city harvest... hahah

I see some comments here read too much from the what the media dish out.

To know why it came to be, u must learn the history of it to really understand. For Muslim it goes way back from biblical times.

For those who just getting a grip of the current situation, please read up how Israel came to be as a nation.

Most Muslim nation does not recognized Israel as a legitimate state. Then the annexation of the Palestinian land - Gaza Strip and West Bank after the Yom Kippur war in 1973. Many pro-Israel pretend to forget this fact.

Some people say the status quo is political in nature but like Christian and Muslims, Jews considers Jerusalem/Bethlehem as holy cities that they must own, more of a religious in nature.

I worry the radical muslim and terrorists will use this as a reason to continue their misguided jihad.

I blame the Rich Arab Kingdoms for being silent on this. Through Political pressure this rich SOBs can help move things through peaceful means. I also see our gahment is playing along with those having the upper hand to the current situation - sad.
    Last edited by greenieadi; 3rd June 2010 at 10:15 PM.

read about abraham (genesis), first wife sarah was barren, so he took his maid as second wife. second wife gave birth to ishmael(ancestor of the arabs?) first wife became pregnant with isaac (ancestor of the jew?). sarah was afraid of israel losing inheritance to ishmael, so she got abraham to drive hagar and ishmael into the desert and the rest is history and the mess that is now the middle east.

Why must Palestine need Israel's permission to use its own port? Why must Palestine need Israel's permission to build a nation? Why must Palestine need Israel to recognise its democratically elected government (Hamas)? Even the US didn't cross over to China during the Korea War, but Israel moved into Lebanon, a sovereign state, to destroy the Hizabollah.
    Sorry, I cannot empathise with a country that shows total disregard of other nations' sovereignty.
    Why must there even be a palestine in the first place? The arab countries attacked israel during the 6 day war, lost their land to Israel, including Gaza. Go read up on the history man. Israel destroyed all the arab armies, winning the war fair and square, yet chose to give back the conquered territories.

As for Hizbollah, every day they rained rockets down into israel, you expect the government to sit back and do nothing?

If Malaysia were to rain rockets down into singapore everyday, you expect our singapore government to sit back and let the rockets continue raining down, endangering our citizens? Or you expect our government to stand up and do something to make sure that the threat to the country is exterminated? I would want my government to freaking roll in the tanks and destroy whatever threat there is to our country and make sure it doesn't occur again

All this is very common sensical to me. I just don't understand how people fail to see the simplicity of israel's actions. It is a nation surrounded by Muslim neighbors all hellbent on it's destruction.

Just know this

1. If all the arab nations were to lay down their weapons, there WILL BE peace in the middle east.

2. If Israel were to lay down its weapons, it will be the end of Israel.

Ironically, that will also bring peace to the middle east, lol.
    Last edited by FLiNcHY; 3rd June 2010 at 11:39 PM.

Why must Palestine need Israel's permission to use its own port? Why must Palestine need Israel's permission to build a nation? Why must Palestine need Israel to recognise its democratically elected government (Hamas)? Even the US didn't cross over to China during the Korea War, but Israel moved into Lebanon, a sovereign state, to destroy the Hizabollah.
    Sorry, I cannot empathise with a country that shows total disregard of other nations' sovereignty.
    ??
    Of course they did not. They got their arse whipped
    MacArthur was so stunned and enraged that he threatened nuclear weapons at his discretion (and not the president's); later facing an inquiry over this transgression.

the british does a smart move....remove the tumour in Europe and move it to Middle east. And there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by WISHBONEASH View Post
    read about abraham (genesis), first wife sarah was barren, so he took his maid as second wife. second wife gave birth to ishmael(ancestor of the arabs?) first wife became pregnant with isaac (ancestor of the jew?). sarah was afraid of israel losing inheritance to ishmael, so she got abraham to drive hagar and ishmael into the desert and the rest is history and the mess that is now the middle east.
    so... looks like the arabs and the jews have a lot in common. just that bad blood is driving them nuts.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiNcHY View Post
    Why must there even be a palestine in the first place? The arab countries attacked israel during the 6 day war, lost their land to Israel, including Gaza. Go read up on the history man. Israel destroyed all the arab armies, winning the war fair and square, yet chose to give back the conquered territories.

As for Hizbollah, every day they rained rockets down into israel, you expect the government to sit back and do nothing?

If Malaysia were to rain rockets down into singapore everyday, you expect our singapore government to sit back and let the rockets continue raining down, endangering our citizens? Or you expect our government to stand up and do something to make sure that the threat to the country is exterminated? I would want my government to freaking roll in the tanks and destroy whatever threat there is to our country and make sure it doesn't occur again

All this is very common sensical to me. I just don't understand how people fail to see the simplicity of israel's actions. It is a nation surrounded by Muslim neighbors all hellbent on it's destruction.

Just know this

1. If all the arab nations were to lay down their weapons, there WILL BE peace in the middle east.

i have to agree with you on this. i've been wondering myself all these while what are the intentions of the Hizbollah by firing their Katshuya rockets into Israel daily. are they itching for a fight or something? and they think they will get the support of the neighbouring arab countries if Israel were to go full-fletch war against them?
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    i have to agree with you on this. i've been wondering myself all these while what are the intentions of the Hizbollah by firing their Katshuya rockets into Israel daily. are they itching for a fight or something? and they think they will get the support of the neighbouring arab countries if Israel were to go full-fletch war against them?
    You must not be one sided, the Isreali fly their planes into Lebanese airspace everyday.
    They will have the support of the Persian aka Iran and also the Arab Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiNcHY View Post
    Please, you go read up history first. Modern Israel was basically non-existent until the mass migration of Jews into Palestine during the last century. The Palestinians were the one who were driven out of their land, not the Israelis.

So many countries fire rockets and shells at each other everyday (India, Pakistan etc), but they only fire from their side. Sending troops into another country is amounting to an invasion. Sure, you can roll in your tanks if you know have overwhelming military superiority, but you will only be seen as a big bully in the eyes of the world.

Just know this

The simplicity of some clubsnappers is even more hard to understand.
    Last edited by crusher; 4th June 2010 at 12:18 PM.

I agree with u crusher, some CSers reply so simplistically I wonder they really understand the historical reason for the current situation.

Some mention about the history behind it, maybe they meant from 1973 onwards but it goes way back into biblical times.

Some talk about between 2 religions, actually 3 - Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

I don't see any outcome from this thread either. I'm no expert in the middle east conflict but I've followed the events since the 80's and read up to really understand why it happened. I believe some of the reply are based only on last few days events and then googled for the background.

Israel is no saint, they have nuclear weapons like Iran. Also refuse to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

I need to be careful on my opinion here as anything less will make me look like an anti-semantism which I'm not.

So does the rest of you, be careful in your opinions. You might hurt our Jewish, Christian and Muslim CSers feelings here as they feel and relate to the events there personally.
    Last edited by greenieadi; 4th June 2010 at 12:32 PM.

The war is about the occupied land and not about religion.
    Palestinian are not entirely Muslim, they are Christian and jews too who suffer the same fate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by greenieadi View Post
    I agree with u crusher, some CSers reply so simplistically I wonder they really understand the historical reason for the current situation.

Some mention about the history behind it, maybe they meant from 1973 onwards but it goes way back into biblical times.

Some talk about between 2 religions, actually 3 - Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

I don't see any outcome from this thread either. I'm no expert in the middle east conflict but I've followed the events since the 80's and read up to really understand why it happened. I believe some of the reply are based only on last few days events and then googled for the background.

Israel is no saint, they have nuclear weapons like Iran. Also refuse to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

I need to be careful on my opinion here as anything less will make me look like an anti-semantism which I'm not.

So does the rest of you, be careful in your opinions. You might hurt our Jewish, Christian and Muslim CSers feelings here as they feel and relate to the events there personally.
    relax a bit. once u drag up history u will realise its even messier than it is now.

does understanding history rreally matter in such a subjective topic? history is written by the victors. all u get arent gonna be truely unbiased stories anyways.

either way, if u ask me, the floatilla people are dumb. there are easier ways to do stuff. u wanna do stuff in a way that makes ppl suspicious? ur gonna shoot urself in the foot period.

if we are talking about history, maybe someone can find some Canaanites and then we can talk about who owns that piece of land... both the Isrealites and Palestinians came later...

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Israel went to war with all its neighbours - Syria/Lebanon/Egypt/Turkey before.
    since when did Israel go to war with Turkey?... wargames with Turkey maybe... I thought they used to hold joint military exercises...

but I wonder, with all their rightous indignation, what would Turkey do if, in the Kurdish situation, the Kurdish rebels are isolated in a region, the Turkish forces blockade the area, then a bunch of people came to send the region "humanitarian aid" but without getting Turkish authorisation...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    since when did Israel go to war with Turkey?... wargames with Turkey maybe... I thought they used to hold joint military exercises...

but I wonder, with all their rightous indignation, what would Turkey do if, in the Kurdish situation, the Kurdish rebels are isolated in a region, the Turkish forces blockade the area, then a bunch of people came to send the region "humanitarian aid" but without getting Turkish authorisation...
    then the kurdish people become roasted turkeys

who cares who is more right , or more wrong?

no one wins in such conflicts in the long run. there will always be losers on both sides.

"violence is the last refuge of the incompetent" - isaac asimov

I have given up trying to understand who is right or wrong for this ME problem long long time ago.

Maybe 100 years from now, the only people who can assert which side is right or wrong are the ones who wins the conflict...

The basic premise is wrong.
    Blockade an entire population in the hope that by doing so, the few Hamas will capitulate and stop bothering Isreal.
    Huh?
    Who thought up this policy?

What do Hamas care about Isreal making the Gaza people suffer?
    They don't!

The suffering Gaza population will instead see Isreal as an unreasonable foe and embrace Hamas.

The current top guy in charge is an ex soldier. (edit).
    But that has affected his thinking.

It is not about how powerful you are.

What on earth were they trying to accomplish or prove, by blockading Gaza?
    Last edited by ricohflex; 5th June 2010 at 07:13 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast