Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DSLR to Genting

Default Re: DSLR to Genting

Don worry, perfectly safe. Not as cold as u would have imagined. recently quite warm up there. However if u are those that like to take rides so much and not giving the theme park roller coasters a miss than bring a compact.

Recently genting had introduced alot of outdoor play store where the soft toys are very colourful, good to take pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    don't need 1 or 2 days.........................
    ha ha...if he is too worried...but this is what I normally do when travels back to lower temperature place; say <15degs...

Quote Originally Posted by soulFLY View Post
    ha ha...if he is too worried...but this is what I normally do when travels back to lower temperature place; say <15degs...
    i think it will equalise in a matter of hours..

i think within 2 hours should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i think it will equalise in a matter of hours..

i think within 2 hours should be fine.
    Agree as I saw an article before regarding this....

but these equipments are too fragile and delicate...better extra take care before its too late...

cause all my films gear gone wasted and cant recover from the fungus infection..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soulFLY View Post
    Agree as I saw an article before regarding this....

but these equipments are too fragile and delicate...better extra take care before its too late...

cause all my films gear gone wasted and cant recover from the fungus infection..

No need 1-2 days la.

I was shooting in -25 deg C temperatures. When I entered a heated room, i had my camera in a ziploc bag. It took around 15 minutes to equalize. I got some condensation on my camera before too, but once you wipe it dry, and dry it out in a dry cab (or raw rice bucket), there shouldn't be a problem. And my cam back then was a D90. not weather sealed or anything.

Genting is nothing la. aiyoh. And the weather up there so nice, no one uses a/c or heater.. so temperatures all quite stable one.

Genting is hardly a place I would consider as cold. I actiyllu perspire during the day and at night, its just like air-con everywhere...

i brought my cam to Mt Kinabalu which is below 10 degrees at the peak... so genting definitely no problem.

no sweat, i just came back with my dslr.

brought my dslr to genting before, just have to worry about condensation.. but then condensation often only occur when u move from a cold place to warm place.. in your case, u r going from warm place to "cool" place (20 degree is consider warm in some countries.. haha). only worry if u r out in the open where the floating clouds passes, might have some condensation lenses.. just wipe clean and place it back to drycabinet when u r back.. its only a few days, your camera will survive..

It's not like you're going to Siberia or something. You should be more worried here in Singapore than in Genting. Going in and out of malls here is bad for your precious baby. And it would take a couple of months/years before some uglies grow on your glass.

Genting temperature is not cold at all. I was stationed in Lhasa for almost 3 years, summer in Lhasa is already 20 degrees celsius. Had the opportunity to stay at Everest base camp once in April 1990 on the way overland to Kathmandu. Temperature at the based camp over night was -38 degrees celsius and we stayed in a double layered tent outdoors. Camera survived. Please do not baby your camera, it is tougher than it looks.
    Chris
    5D2 / 5D3 / 16-35 2.8L II USM / 24-70 2.8L / 100 2.8L IS Macro/ 70-200 2.8L IS

Of course u can.

When to korea, china and europe a few years ago during winter (-8c and below) with my lousy DMC F1. Its still works fine whereas my friend camera (Ricoh) keep on hang. LOL!
    The power of EOS.

been to nepal for trekking, up in the mountain also no problem. i dont find any issue in genting
    Poor Man With Expensive Hobby

Hi TS,

A lil bit out of topic here, when are you going to genting? I going there also on July . Do you know the spot best for sunrise/sunset? I search the forum but all give direction I still dont understand haha

genting not cold 1 lar. Wear T-shirt walking outside also like that.

Genting is nothing. Just take and go and shoot. Don't waste time even thinking about it!
    __________________________________________________ _
    http://living-a-good-life.blogspot.com

Aiyoo, your DSLR is not made of sugar.

And we have a Sticky about this already.
    problems with dslr in extremely cold weather?
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615253

Note: Genting highlands is NOT "extremely cold"
    Alpha

Cameras went out to space without modification. What's Genting?
    http://www.nikon.com/about/news/2009...ASA-D3S_01.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12