Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: Organiser refuses to remove my images from thread and challenges me

  1. #1

    Default Organiser refuses to remove my images from thread and challenges me

    An(other) organiser has refused to remove my image from his/her thread. No permission was given to either the organiser or model yet ridiculous replies were sent to me when i asked nicely for the image to be removed. I thought this could be resolved in a nice, cosy and private setting yet the organiser We are JayKay has shown no signs of wanting a peaceful resolution.

    I've thus decided to post for all to see. The thread for the shoot is http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=704303

    Private Messages

    Me: I notice you did not seek my permission to use sophia's photo in your shoot thread. Could you please remove it? Thanks in advance.

    We are JayKay: Its a picture provided by the model.

    Me: The model did not seek my permission to use the image for advertisement in your organised shoot. Please remove it from the thread.

    We are JayKay: Oh issit? So i should blame the model instead? alrighty , will ask her to seek permission from you than .

    (After approx. 12 hrs)

    SMSes

    Me: Hi Jaykay, pls remove my image of sophia from your 6th june thread by today or I will pursue the issue with the moderator. Mervin Lee aka Surrephoto.

    Jaykay: sure.

    (After approx. 15 min)

    Jaykay: You don't have to wait till tonight to take action cause the picture won't be removed by tonight. Go ahead and take whatever action you want.

    I've given JayKay up till the end of today to remove my image. I do not have the model's contact and did not give permission to either party to use my image. What's so difficult about removing the image from your thread and repost?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Organiser refuses to remove my images from thread and challenges me

    I'm just curious, on what grounds are you demanding that the photo you took be removed?
    I know the picture was taken by you but if there is no breach of any commercial laws, then on what grounds are you making that demand?
    Nikon D300 | MB-D10 | AF-S 17-55mm f2.8 | 35mm f1.8 | SB-900

  3. #3

    Default Re: Organiser refuses to remove my images from thread and challenges me

    bro, under what conditions were the images of the model shot?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Organiser refuses to remove my images from thread and challenges me

    Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post
    I'm just curious, on what grounds are you demanding that the photo you took be removed?
    I know the picture was taken by you but if there is no breach of any commercial laws, then on what grounds are you making that demand?
    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    bro, under what conditions were the images of the model shot?
    The image was taken during a paid organised photoshoot by another organiser, I think near the end of 2009.

    I was a participant who paid to shoot the model and it was not a TFCD.

    How do my rights stand?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Organiser refuses to remove my images from thread and challenges me

    Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post
    I was a participant who paid to shoot the model and it was not a TFCD.

    How do my rights stand?
    did you send the model any photos?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Organiser refuses to remove my images from thread and challenges me

    It's just a photo, if the organiser doesn't want to remove the image, let it be.

    Its you who took the photo. You will know it yourself. And if you could take such a photo before, you can always do it again. It's your skill. Something that the copycat, would never be able to replace.

    So rather than feel upset, cheer up and look into doing something more worth while. You tried talking to the organiser, didn't work. Try talking to the moderator then. If that too doesn't work, let the matter go. Like i said the skill is yours, he/she can't take that away from you.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Organiser refuses to remove my images from thread and challenges me

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    did you send the model any photos?
    I did not, nor do I know the models e-mail/msn/facebook adds. I do not have the habit of sharing contacts with models at the end of shoots.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Organiser refuses to remove my images from thread and challenges me

    Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post
    The image was taken during a paid organised photoshoot by another organiser, I think near the end of 2009.

    I was a participant who paid to shoot the model and it was not a TFCD.

    How do my rights stand?
    Well what are you gonna do if the moderator dont comply to ur demand?
    I mean its not like u can sue them since they are not any legal entity and there are no written T&C stating they cant?

    Nightmare is right just 'kan kai dian' take it as a compliment that your photo was selected to be posted.
    Nikon D300 | MB-D10 | AF-S 17-55mm f2.8 | 35mm f1.8 | SB-900

  9. #9

    Default Re: Organiser refuses to remove my images from thread and challenges me

    Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post
    Well what are you gonna do if the moderator dont comply to ur demand?
    I mean its not like u can sue them since they are not any legal entity and there are no written T&C stating they cant?

    Nightmare is right just 'kan kai dian' take it as a compliment that your photo was selected to be posted.
    If there is nothing you can do at least ask them to give credit for the photo that belongs to you.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: Organiser refuses to remove my images from thread and challenges me

    Something to learn from this incident, if you pay for the shoot, don't be good guy to give photo to those xmm.

    Actually it is not the first time that this kind of things had happened.

    Try pm the admin or mod about it, maybe they can help you.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Organiser refuses to remove my images from thread and challenges me

    Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post
    I did not, nor do I know the models e-mail/msn/facebook adds. I do not have the habit of sharing contacts with models at the end of shoots.
    do you have a model release form?
    Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post
    Well what are you gonna do if the moderator dont comply to ur demand?
    I mean its not like u can sue them since they are not any legal entity and there are no written T&C stating they cant?

    Nightmare is right just 'kan kai dian' take it as a compliment that your photo was selected to be posted.
    actually i did not tell anyone to 'kan kai dian', i just want to find out more about the story to make sure.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Organiser refuses to remove my images from thread and challenges me

    actually ignore the model release form thing;

    that only applies if photographer plans to use the image commercially.

    so surrephoto, you took the image, you PAID for it, you can read this:

    http://dorean.livejournal.com/1479.html

    frankly speaking, you have every right to tell the organiser to take the image down, because you have the right to the image, no one else has. effectively when they use your image in their workshop/shoot thread, it is an indirect way to earn money, since that is a form of advertisement.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    K.L. M'sia
    Posts
    137

    Default Re: Organiser refuses to remove my images from thread and challenges me

    You sound like you paid the model a million bucks for the shoot. FYI a simple photoshoot (even as you have paid) allow you to use the model's photo for only your ownself. The model has the right to request that you don't post it anywhere.

    In this context, the model herself have more rights than you. Obviously in that thread the model have the say.

    Unless you paid the model a fee 'agreed' upon that the model 'signed' her rights to you then you can have full rights to the pictures. Even then if you use it disrespectfully she can sue you for deflamation or else.

    You sound so paraniod , Nightmare has given you a good advice take it and move on.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Organiser refuses to remove my images from thread and challenges me

    How did the model get hold of the image then?

    Using other people's image without getting permission is akin to stealing. But u need to ascertain that you have full rights to the image.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Organiser refuses to remove my images from thread and challenges me

    Quote Originally Posted by innerzen View Post
    You sound like you paid the model a million bucks for the shoot. FYI a simple photoshoot (even as you have paid) allow you to use the model's photo for only your ownself. The model has the right to request that you don't post it anywhere.
    not true, please read this article on when you need a model release form:

    http://www.betterphoto.com/article.asp?id=37

    there is no right for the model to request no-posting, there is only this thing called "mutual respect". if the model requests it for valid reasons, then as a gentleman you should agree to take it down. in particular for TFCD where there was no money involved.

  16. #16
    Member Shin Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    North Eastern Region
    Posts
    1,063

    Default Re: Organiser refuses to remove my images from thread and challenges me

    Mervin: Is there a possibility that the image was taken from your web album then?

    I do agree with Mervin that his photographs should only be used with his permission given.
    In this situation, it is unethical to use other photographer's images to publicize for paid shoot/commercial event.

    The refusal to remove image also reflects on the integrity of the organizer.
    I'm looking at a different perpective of life.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Organiser refuses to remove my images from thread and challenges me

    Quote Originally Posted by innerzen View Post

    You sound so paraniod , Nightmare has given you a good advice take it and move on.
    why does everyone want to say that i told him to take it and move on .....

    i never did that once here.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Organiser refuses to remove my images from thread and challenges me

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    why does everyone want to say that i told him to take it and move on .....

    i never did that once here.
    Maybe people don't read and just assume?

  19. #19

    Default Re: Organiser refuses to remove my images from thread and challenges me

    Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    How did the model get hold of the image then?

    Using other people's image without getting permission is akin to stealing. But u need to ascertain that you have full rights to the image.
    I have previously posted the images on clubsnap at the following thread;

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611740

    I presume that I still have sufficient image rights to make such demands from the organiser since I did pay a sum of money to have that image captured.

    And no, there were no model release forms involved during the shoot.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Organiser refuses to remove my images from thread and challenges me

    Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    Maybe people don't read and just assume?
    they mix up the thread with all the consumer whining threads is it.........

    those are very different from the issue here............

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •