Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One after another....

Default Re: One after another....

Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post
    The diff here is CH is a church not a charity org. The $ collected is from their own members and not from the public, so some will argue they have the right to do whatever they want with the funds.
    However on commercial grounds, can a religious org use their funds for commercial purposes?
    Such as investment, and in this case purchase a significant holding in Suntec City?
    The $ they collected is not taxable under charity law therefore if they use their $ for commercial use wont it be an unfair advantage to them? Using other peoples hard earned $ for personal gains?
    If that is the case, what is to stop other people from raising $ through religious platforms and then use that $ for personal commercial gains?
    well, like some said ! wait for THE VERDICT from GOVT ! right now, just wait for news

Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post
    The diff here is CH is a church not a charity org. The $ collected is from their own members and not from the public, so some will argue they have the right to do whatever they want with the funds.
    However on commercial grounds, can a religious org use their funds for commercial purposes?
    Such as investment, and in this case purchase a significant holding in Suntec City?
    The $ they collected is not taxable under charity law therefore if they use their $ for commercial use wont it be an unfair advantage to them? Using other peoples hard earned $ for personal gains?
    If that is the case, what is to stop other people from raising $ through religious platforms and then use that $ for personal commercial gains?

Yep, would really love to hear the verdict

树大招风..

Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post
    树大招风..
    风来树倒。娃哈哈
    Find me beauty, find me kindness, find me truth...

Quote Originally Posted by Inflames View Post
    风来树倒。娃哈哈
    feng zi da, huo zi da, wo zui da.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    I agree. Without some solid evidences, they wouldn't take action, especially when it involve religions.

"solid evidence" and "religion" can never ever mix or be in the same room.

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    i really hope they will pass the checks and proven CLEAN

or else ... the impact on the huge bulk of youth will be so damaging. Imagine the disappointment and shock if the final verdict is not a good one.
    Well, if its true, putting them out of business will stop them from doing further damage. Either way, its good (and about time) for this to surface.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Well, if its true, putting them out of business will stop them from doing further damage. Either way, its good (and about time) for this to surface.
    agreed. personally, i'm not too happy when religion turns into commercial opportunity, as in possibly the case of harvest.

Welcome to the real world...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    welcome to the real world...
    色既是空!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12