Default Re: 500D or 40D?

Quote Originally Posted by MusKidd View Post
    the 50D and 550D not within my budget!
    go buy 2nd hand...lot of selling at B&S
    Nikon D300s

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPa1adin View Post
    Agree !!!

Well, "Some people" are filthy rich enough to treat 'upgrading' DSLR as changing hp every year

TS, 40D, no regrets. its better to get a body made up of better material than cheap plastic.
    I second

I am using my 40D almost 4 years now and absolutely no reason to upgrade in near future... 40D is a great camera body.

As I try to convince my friends, camera body is quite insignificant compared to the lenses. You must focus on good lenses and build up your inventories of lenses. For most of the people, I said "most".. all 1Ds series are similar, all 1D are similar and same goes for 5D, XXD, XXXD and XXXXD in most practical situations.

Yes, on paper they are different, thats the work of their marketing team

You can not say the same about the lenses... a kit 18-55 IS available at $200 and 17-55 IS available at 1K+ ... many lenses are more expensive than the normal DSLR bodies.

If you understand the underlying message then just buy any body you fancy and then complement with good lenses.

and yes, only upgrade I wish is to a 1Ds.
    1Ds II | EF 16-35L| EF 24-105L | EF 35f/2.0 | EF 50f/1.8 | EF 85f/1.8 | EF 100L |EF 70-300L| EX 550

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Lim View Post
    50d is good choice for TS ... dun need to upgrade at least for next 2-3 yrs
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    you mean if TS choose 40D, MUST upgrade soon?

strange logic you have.
    The choice to upgrade depends on the individual.
    Some people have itchy fingers, keep 'upgrading' every few months to a year.
    Some people keep their cameras for years. Ask around how many people still shooting with 300D, 350D, D50, D40, D70, etc...
    I know a dude still shooting with 10D and 20D. And yes, he has been, and still is winning photo competitions. Hell, he won some of these competitions with photos he took with his PnS.

Upgrade only when you feel that you are being restricted by your current cam. But if you just want to feel good with a new camera, might as well go for the 550D or the coming 60D.

The best upgrade IMHO is to read books, or attend courses and tons of practice.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 3rd June 2010 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    The best upgrade IMHO is to read books, or attend courses and tons of practice.
    Enough said.
    EOS

I upgraded from 350D to 40D .... I am a happy user of 40D for 2years great Camera and you can get it at a reasonable price at Buy and Sell section. Best of all you won't regret! Unless you want to take video....

Yup. Same. I'm a very satisfied user of the 40D. The bigger and metal body give the camera a very study feel and will definitely last a long time. 10 megapixels is enough for most purpose. Coupled with a few good lenses, it'll serve you very well. Cheers!
    Photos are our best diaries other then our subconscious mind. . .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jookee View Post
    Yup. Same. I'm a very satisfied user of the 40D. The bigger and metal body give the camera a very study feel and will definitely last a long time. 10 megapixels is enough for most purpose. Coupled with a few good lenses, it'll serve you very well. Cheers!
    A lot of people do not realize that the first things that fail on a camera is usually never the body frame, be it metal, plastic or rubber.

Having a metal body on a camera doesn't mean it is going to last longer. It just means it can take tougher situations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12