Page 1 of 20 123611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 386

Thread: i cook, i bake

  1. #1

    Default i cook, i bake, i style + photograph!

    Just sharing!

    I enjoy baking, cooking and styling no less. Of course, photography - that goes without saying!

    Comments are welcome! Still a noob, trying to improve

    ps : for more photos and recipes, hop over here!

    Chinese Stir-fry Green Beans

    Last edited by maameemoomoo; 21st August 2010 at 12:07 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: i cook, i bake

    some parts of the beans are OOF I think...then again, who cares what I think..good try

  3. #3

    Default Re: i cook, i bake

    My eyes keep floating to the chopsticks. You might want to remove that distraction. As for the greens, try doing a 45 degree angle from top down, to show more of those delicious vegg. Color wise, not bad.

  4. #4

    Default Re: i cook, i bake

    I guess they are right about the chopsticks. Though I love it's positioning.. if it were oof and the image tilted slightly at an angle that would be perfect.

    The greens look gorgeous by the way.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: i cook, i bake

    Quote Originally Posted by berriess View Post
    Just sharing!

    Comments are welcome! Still a noob, trying to improve



    Chinese stir fry green beans with dried shrimps and garlic
    Nice but however the chopsticks are in a more eye catching position.
    Did some cropping for u. may not be what you like. hope you wont mind. just a suggestion.

    Last edited by jonathann; 1st June 2010 at 09:14 PM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: i cook, i bake

    Quote Originally Posted by jonathann View Post
    Nice but however the chopsticks are in a more eye catching position.
    Did some cropping for u. may not be what you like. hope you wont mind. just a suggestion.

    IMO its a rather nice 'story-teller'. Somehow it tells me that beans are so nice, the chopsticks are within reach for you to grab it and eat it. Nice photo IMHO.

  7. #7

    Default Re: i cook, i bake

    Quote Originally Posted by cukedemon View Post
    some parts of the beans are OOF I think...then again, who cares what I think..good try
    I know! I only have 1 focus point when i shoot this.... i better read up the manual to see if i can have more than 1 focus point next time.. still new to the camera!

  8. #8

    Default Re: i cook, i bake

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    My eyes keep floating to the chopsticks. You might want to remove that distraction. As for the greens, try doing a 45 degree angle from top down, to show more of those delicious vegg. Color wise, not bad.
    45 degree????

    Like this?


  9. #9

    Default Re: i cook, i bake

    Quote Originally Posted by sinny View Post
    I guess they are right about the chopsticks. Though I love it's positioning.. if it were oof and the image tilted slightly at an angle that would be perfect.

    The greens look gorgeous by the way.
    Thanks! But i still don't get the tilted part.. hmmm... meaning, focus more on the greens?

  10. #10

    Default Re: i cook, i bake

    Quote Originally Posted by jonathann View Post
    Nice but however the chopsticks are in a more eye catching position.
    Did some cropping for u. may not be what you like. hope you wont mind. just a suggestion.
    Of koz i don't mind! Thank you for the effort

  11. #11

    Default Re: i cook, i bake

    Quote Originally Posted by BikerPh0t0z View Post
    IMO its a rather nice 'story-teller'. Somehow it tells me that beans are so nice, the chopsticks are within reach for you to grab it and eat it. Nice photo IMHO.
    Thank you!

  12. #12

    Default Re: i cook, i bake

    just curious why you place the chopsticks that way?

  13. #13

    Default Re: i cook, i bake

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    just curious why you place the chopsticks that way?
    Umm... Styling?

    To place 2 straight chopsticks side by side is a little boring to me.. but of course, that works too, when i'm in that proper mood.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: i cook, i bake

    Quote Originally Posted by berriess View Post
    45 degree????

    Like this?

    I think this would be 90 degree angle. Try halfway, and let the chopsticks be in the background oof. Nice colours!
    Footprints Photography - Providing photography and videography services

  15. #15
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: i cook, i bake

    Quote Originally Posted by berriess View Post
    45 degree????

    Like this?

    tthis is better

  16. #16

    Default Re: i cook, i bake

    Quote Originally Posted by berriess View Post
    Just sharing!

    Comments are welcome! Still a noob, trying to improve



    Chinese stir fry green beans with dried shrimps and garlic
    I like the bokeh..... but....
    there seems to be a lack of 'focus'... what should I be looking at...

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Upper Serangoon
    Posts
    1,187

    Default Re: i cook, i bake

    Actually I kinda like the original shot, just that the front of the dish being OOF is distracting.

  18. #18

    Default Re: i cook, i bake

    Quote Originally Posted by berriess View Post
    I know! I only have 1 focus point when i shoot this.... i better read up the manual to see if i can have more than 1 focus point next time.. still new to the camera!
    it is not about focus points, it is about Depth of Field (DOF), google this term if you are not sure what it is, u need to use smaller aperture (larger f-number) to have more DOF, you were using F1.8 in your shot, try increase it until you are satisfied with the DOF.

    anyway.. really nice colors you have there!

  19. #19

    Default Re: i cook, i bake

    Quote Originally Posted by miaoteh View Post
    it is about Depth of Field (DOF),
    fully agree with this, the story is about the GREEN BEANS, so it should be in focus, rest is secondary..the beans really look delicious..

  20. #20

    Default Re: i cook, i bake

    Banoffee Pie



    Not much styling.. because greedy me couldn't wait to just slice and gobble!
    Last edited by maameemoomoo; 4th June 2010 at 04:25 PM.

Page 1 of 20 123611 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •