Apprently i would like to seek some understanding on Lens VS PP Skills
Seen alot of people shooting some great pictures using Kit Lens which lead me to start thinking on whether its the person behind the camera ( Although thats the basic in photography ) or the person behind the computer doing the Post processing?
Do you see or have experience any flaws from a lens that is not correctable from PP?
Say for example, the difference between a few hundred dollars kit lens vs a professional expensive lens.
Cheap lens has lower end glass which results in:
1) More flare = Can correct in PP
2) Variable Apperature and might not produce shallow DOF = Can shallow DOF be created in PS? Blur masking or something?
3) Colours not as vibrant = Can be altered as per your liking in PP right?
4) Light weight = Seen to many people complaining about plastic feel and such which i think im more focused on the Pictures then how light and cheap the lens feels!
5) Creates soft pictures wide open or at certain focal length. = But this happens in high end lens as well but given that fact, can softness be sharpen via PP?
With all these consideration, i came to a non proven conclusion that maybe a expensive lens cuts down half the flaws that a kit lens produces and that would mean that your time taken to PP would be cut down by half as well?
Of course this is not excluding the fact that we do know most of the more expensive lens has a constant aperture that would perform in Low light but unless someones tells me so, i wouldnt think that this is the main reason why those lens are selling.
PS: I am not saying one should or should purchase a certain type or lens. This is just for discussion sake