Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: be careful in the kallang area

Default Re: be careful in the kallang area

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Scary random killings. Don't look like there was any specific motive.

If go shooting, bring along at least few friends
    yes, looks like the slasher(s) are targeting solo targets.

i wonder what the motive is?

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    7 suspects in Sunday Kallang Attacks; three caught
    By Leong Wee Keat | Posted: 01 June 2010 1151 hrs

SINGAPORE: Seven people were believed to have been involved in the recent spate of attacks in the Kallang area on Sunday, which left one man dead and three others seriously injured.

The Criminal Investigation Department, or CID, today said three Malaysians have been arrested in connection with the attacks.

They are aged between 21 and 26 years old.

Four other suspects are still at large.

The CID said the men were caught after a 24-hour operation that saw 100 police officers deployed to comb the area.

An Indian construction worker was slashed to death and his body was found in an open field near the Kallang MRT station.

Three others were also viciously slashed and are now in the intensive care unit at Tan Tock Seng Hospital. - CNA/vm

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...060279/1/.html
    oh, so robbery is the motive:

They were robbed a total of S$400 and three handphones.

4 cases, rob $400, 3 handphones. a man's life is worth $100 and a handphone?

reminds me of the london case a few years back:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...icle788304.ece

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post

I wud really hope all who live in Kallang to be more civic minded...call the police when you notice any suspicious fellows...I don't know why many S'poreans nv call police or watsoever even when necessary...I conclude that to be diffusion of responsibility among those Singaporeans...always thinking that some1 else will call the police for sure...this is wrong mentality!
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis247 View Post
    I think it is good that night86mare brings to out attention about a bunch murderers are on the loose.
    yes, my intention is not to ask people to become rambos... be more alert, especially when this is a series of cases and not an isolated one in the same area. low crime doesn't mean no crime, just that this is more violent, which is not so common in singapore.

like ovaltinemilo says, you can do your part by reporting suspicious behaviour - i.e. getting followed, etc. i don't think this happens with split second decision, you would probably need to be alone in a secluded, deserted place, else there would most certainly be witnesses by now.

Can't imagine there are spree killers on the loose in S'pore, of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    oh, so robbery is the motive:

They were robbed a total of S$400 and three handphones.

4 cases, rob $400, 3 handphones. a man's life is worth $100 and a handphone?

reminds me of the london case a few years back:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...icle788304.ece
    Wa lao... for robbery, stab people until they are maimed or dead?

A bit too much... but I think we're just too sheltered in Singapore (don't mean that as a bad thing either, just a matter of fact).

Wad if the killer is in CS? You never noe.
    indie

Just heard the news on radio, 3 men has been arrested and will be charged in court tomolo.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Wa lao... for robbery, stab people until they are maimed or dead?

A bit too much... but I think we're just too sheltered in Singapore (don't mean that as a bad thing either, just a matter of fact).
    it's not unheard of in singapore, actually, just that it isn't so rife.

london, some areas are problem gang areas, then you can get killed or paralysed for the silliest things:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8010629.stm

that lawyer from linklaters had his oyster card and handphone stolen - no cash taken. the best part was that the culprits were nabbed because they used his oyster card (which like ezlink, has unique number).

that said, london is still mostly quite safe, especially in zone 1. crimes there are usually limited to petty theft.

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    Just heard the news on radio, 3 men has been arrested and will be charged in court tomolo.
    glad that they have found the culprits rather quickly.

glad that they have found the culprits rather quickly.
    only 3 out of 7....gentlemen, pls stay vigilant...like SAF taught us...nv take peacefulness as peace....
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

all in 1 day? we should stay alert if this happens in the days to come... it means that really his area of operation.

bloody hell! This people are mental!

Didnt know you had to actually slash someone so badly to rob them? Jesus.......

I'm just glad the suspects are arrested! Such serial slashings are mental!

That was really stupid and wanton act of brutality.. With "Capital Punishment" in place, there is still such a case. I have a few friends working in Jamaica notorious for drug-related crimes. They had a few encounters at gun-point but escaped unscathed after giving away when asked for. I do hope that all the remaining murderers are caught sooner than later.
    Honestly, I feel a bit terrorized when I first heard the breaking news. Now it looks like I have to bite my own tongue for boasting off how safe it is here while chatting with my friends.
    I will start taking pictures from now on :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Joelhlaing View Post
    That was really stupid and wanton act of brutality.. With "Capital Punishment" in place, there is still such a case. I have a few friends working in Jamaica notorious for drug-related crimes. They had a few encounters at gun-point but escaped unscathed after giving away when asked for. I do hope that all the remaining murderers are caught sooner than later.
    Honestly, I feel a bit terrorized when I first heard the breaking news. Now it looks like I have to bite my own tongue for boasting off how safe it is here while chatting with my friends.
    safety is all relative.

indeed, the fact that this is shocking in singapore still proves that it is relatively safe.

nowhere in the world is 100% safe. you can have the best police force, you can have the most vigilant neighbourhood watch, that will result in low crime. all it takes is for someone to go mental at the wrong place, at the wrong time to have a 100% safe facade destroyed.

it is important that one is always aware of their surroundings. certainly this will not prevent criminals from striking, but it will at the very least dissuade them if they notice that you are aware of their presence. an easy target is always preferable to one who seems to be prepared for what's coming.

safety is all relative.

indeed, the fact that this is shocking in singapore still proves that it is relatively safe.

nowhere in the world is 100% safe. you can have the best police force, you can have the most vigilant neighbourhood watch, that will result in low crime. all it takes is for someone to go mental at the wrong place, at the wrong time to have a 100% safe facade destroyed.

it is important that one is always aware of their surroundings. certainly this will not prevent criminals from striking, but it will at the very least dissuade them if they notice that you are aware of their presence. an easy target is always preferable to one who seems to be prepared for what's coming.
    Well said " Safety is relative".. Still appears unbelievably eerie to me. 7 ppl got mental at the same time. Even if y r maximally aware, no match for a gang of 7. I wonder what sort of punitive measures will be taken against all 7 if caught. If one of the purposes of these gang crimes is to terrorize the ppl, then hopefully the long arm of law here should deal a "Deadly" blow to them.
    I will start taking pictures from now on :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Joelhlaing View Post
    Well said " Safety is relative".. Still appears unbelievably eerie to me. 7 ppl got mental at the same time. Even if y r maximally aware, no match for a gang of 7. I wonder what sort of punitive measures will be taken against all 7 if caught. If one of the purposes of these gang crimes is to terrorize the ppl, then hopefully the long arm of law here should deal a "Deadly" blow to them.
    this isn't really mental, but rather, obvious organised crime, at least to me.

it is possible that the slashing didn't involve all 7 at the same time, probably there would be some involved in looking out, etc.

if they are all in on it.. it seems silly. $400? cash / 7 + 3 handphones divided by 7 doesn't seem like much money. won't it be better to simply get an honest job - even working at mcdonald's might earn you more money...

They probably thought since their acts were committed in the dark of night, they could get away with it. But the only thing certain awaiting these murderers is a confirmed long stay at changi chalet and/or a thick rope round the neck.

There are times I guess when you are in serious stress of Finance, anything can be done as long u get what you want. I believe this is their mentality when commiting it.

I always told my foreign frens that dun take Singapore for granted for being a safe country. Anything can happen even at the front door.
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

From the ST website:

The trio, all Sarawakians who worked here as cleaners and odd-job workers, went on a planned orgy of violent theft which has been rarely seen here.

The men, who stayed at a Syed Alwi Road lodging house, are believed to have hatched their crimes with four others. The gang went on a knife-wielding rampage that left one person dead, two others in intensive care and another with half his palm hacked off - all for $400 in cash and three cellphones.
    4 are missing.

this is madness..singapore becoming like cowboy town..even worst than JB, those robbers in JB at least make their intention that they want money..give it to them and they will fleed away..

now is chop from behind, even got wing chun also useless lah.. wanna rob at least let people have the chance to surrender their money lah.. never say anything just chop from behind..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast