Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Canon Service Centre

Default Re: Canon Service Centre

Oh 1 more thing, CSC afterall not that bad and they are good, the do care about customer. Thanks CSC.

Quote Originally Posted by Darbee8 View Post
    Thank you. I will...I still love my 550D no matter what people say.
    Good on you! Cheers
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

Quote Originally Posted by Darbee8 View Post
    Thank you. I will...I still love my 550D no matter what people say.
    Enjoy using your camera, I always believe that "The equipment is only as good as it's wielder". I am sure you would get great shots from the 550D.

Shoot More, Learn More, have fun.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    TS = Thread Starter ... so it's you. More acronyms can be found here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165806
    You complain about people, ignoring or neglecting the fact that the root cause is with you: wrong expectations, plain accusations. Yeah, always easy to blame others. Many questions have been addressed to you, still not much of an answer.
    That is so true...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    oh boyyyy......
    Photography n Photoshop is a marriage made in heaven is it not?
    Last edited by Lionheart86; 3rd June 2010 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart86 View Post
    Photographs n Photoshop is a marriage made in heaven is it not?
    Depends on your perspective.

No good with camera, no good with photoshop = still bad picture.

Each require different skillsets to use and lots of experimentation. For me I have found the joys of the clone tool.

For me personally, CSC has always given me good service, its a matter of how you explain the problem and in what tone.

40D|BG-E2N|24-105L F4.0 IS USM |70-200L F2.8 IS USM

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post

First: define "good". All cameras in the market are able to capture decent images, Period.
    The differences between a 550D, 50D or 5D2 are significant (no doubt about that) - but all those features in 50D and 5D2 are useless if you don't need them for your picture taking or if you can't utilize them due to missing skills. It's an endless debate which has no final answer. A friend of mine got a 1D3 because he had the money and didn't want to upgrade again. His choice. You have made your own choice by getting 550D. Use your camera, learn the basics of photography and explore the possibilities you have. Maybe once fine day you will reach the limits of your 550D. But that doesn't make the 550D a bad camera, it just has its limitations. Focus on picture taking now, nobody can tell from the image which camera has been used. But they can tell about the skills of the photographer
    I couldn't agree more mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Deyeno View Post
    Depends on your perspective.

No good with camera, no good with photoshop = still bad picture.

Each require different skillsets to use and lots of experimentation. For me I have found the joys of the clone tool.

For me personally, CSC has always given me good service, its a matter of how you explain the problem and in what tone.

I agree with you too.

Darbee8, I have a 550D too which I bought 2 months ago, in April. And I am usually quite fussy about cleanliness and neatness. So 2 weeks after buying my 550D, while shooting, my friend's finger accidentally touched my lens and it got a finger print. I was damn pissed off at that very moment as I thought it was such a great deal.

I immediately logged on to ClubSnap and asked out fellow CS'ers what to do. I wanted to take my camera to CSC to get the lens cleaned. But then everyone here told me that it's not a big deal and such things are bound to happen. They advised me to buy a Lenspen which I just bought 2 weeks ago. Hence, my camera had that finger print for more than 1 month. After buying the Lenspen, I cleaned my lens and it was like new again. I just could not believe my eyes. Then I remembered all the nice ppl who advised me at the time I got the finger print that it wasn't a big deal.

And now after 2 months of owning my 1st DSLR (yes, I am a newbie like you too), I have realised that such accidents are bound to happen. The difference lies in the way you deal with it.

What I want to highlight here is enjoy your 550D. Don't let things such as dust affect your new adventure into photography. If something happens and it doesn't affect your photos, you can try to make a compromise with it. If really cannot then you can go to CSC. And ppl here do give good advice. Do heed them.

Just remember that no matter how much care you take, there's always the risk that something will happen. And dust is so small, no one can really do anything about them. Even if you don't remove your lens every now and then, it can still get on your sensor. That's what some people told me here on CS.

So, same advice as some ppl already said in this thread, go out and shoot.
    Last edited by wizz747; 3rd June 2010 at 05:47 PM.
    Canon EOS 550D. 18-55mm. 50mm f/1.8 II.

btw, dust on sensors will only show up on your photos when you shoot at aperture f11 or more... below f11... it will not be visible or will not be shown.

anyway share with u my silly mistakes too.

i bought my 5DMKII2 in march and have since went to CSC to clean my sensor twice first time cos dust gets in after i attempted to change my focusing screen... second time was cos i think the first time round... the cleaning wasn't done properly and i am going for my Mt Kinabalu trip last week then and i knew i will be shooting f8 or f11... so went down second time to clean.

By the way after 2 rounds of cleaning i still find there is some small not so visible dust spots on my sensor but still not too bad.
    Last edited by sinned79; 3rd June 2010 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Anyone knows what TS means for the part highlighted in red above?
    i seriously have no idea... haha!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345