Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Canon Service Centre

Default Re: Canon Service Centre

Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Anyone knows what TS means for the part highlighted in red above?
    A good guess is "aperture" .. looking at the context. Seems TS is quite familiar with basic photographic terms and also warranty T&C .. what to say?
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Anyone knows what TS means for the part highlighted in red above?
    I think he means small aperture, f10 or smaller (i.e. higher number). Small aperture gives greater depth of field. so even specks on the lens become in focus and more noticeable.

best way to prevent scratches on your screen is to stick screen protector ... i thought that came to mind when buying camera ??? even phone people first thing is to go buy screen protector when they got their phone
    i thought when buying camera they will throw in alot freebies which include screen protector ???
    Last edited by o0darkn3ss0o; 1st June 2010 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darbee8 View Post
    I'm not complaining the warranty, I'm complaining they dirty my camera. The complaint has got nothing to do with that warranty, is the 3rd time I sent my for CMOS Cleaning and landed up my focusing screen dirty which I have checked before sending in and now they want me to pay for something which I didnt do. So let the consumer deal with them.
    Again, please make sure your claim is sound - which means to exclude all other possibilities how the dust could come into the viewfinder, leaving only the possibility that CSC stuff handled your camera in either careless or neglecting way.
    When did you check the VF last time? At home? Then the transport (with all the shaking and whatnot) is already good enough to bring dust particles to the VF. The same goes for the way back home. From legal perspective that's enough to cast serious doubts on your accusations.
    Wouldn't be surprised if you run to CSC again and on the spot suddenly the dust disappeared ... as mysteriously as it popped up hope that's enough to showcase.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by o0darkn3ss0o View Post
    best way to prevent scratches on your screen is to stick screen protector ... i thought that came to mind when buying camera ??? even phone people first thing is to go buy screen protector when they got their phone
    i thought when buying camera they will throw in alot freebies which include screen protector ???
    How do you stick screen protector on the focusing screen?

Quote Originally Posted by o0darkn3ss0o View Post
    Erm ... we are talking about the focusing screen in the viewfinder system *hint*
    You don't want to put any screen protector there .. really.. trust me.
    EOS

I'm not complaining the warranty, I'm complaining they dirty my camera. The complaint has got nothing to do with that warranty, is the 3rd time I sent my for CMOS Cleaning and landed up my focusing screen dirty which I have checked before sending in and now they want me to pay for something which I didnt do. So let the consumer deal with them.
    For a recently purchased body, you've sent it in for three CMOS cleaning?! 550D has auto CMOS cleaning you know? Do you often shoot in very dusty environment? Or are you obsessed with keeping your equipment in showroom condition? Don't let such things take the fun out of photography!

Maybe TS should consider switching to a Leica X1.

No dust on focusing screen

No dust on sensor

Who is TS??

I have been repeating talking about the people problems, and you guys kept talking about dust??

Who is TS??
    I have been repeating talking about the people problems, and you guys kept talking about dust??
    TS = Thread Starter ... so it's you. More acronyms can be found here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165806
    You complain about people, ignoring or neglecting the fact that the root cause is with you: wrong expectations, plain accusations. Yeah, always easy to blame others. Many questions have been addressed to you, still not much of an answer.
    Last edited by Octarine; 1st June 2010 at 12:51 PM.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    For a recently purchased body, you've sent it in for three CMOS cleaning?! 550D has auto CMOS cleaning you know? Do you often shoot in very dusty environment? Or are you obsessed with keeping your equipment in showroom condition? Don't let such things take the fun out of photography!
    I think TS is just someone rather anal.
    And someone who's new to photography.
    If i recall correctly CSC's working environment is not really dust proof right?
    For all you know maybe thats where the dust and elephants and whatnots come from.
    Personally for me a little dust is fine. As long as it does not affect my image.
    If it does then its time to break out the blower!
    Sides, there's always the clone tool in photoshop

Recently I bought a Canon 550D, as this is my 1st DSLR camera and not sure how to clean it and so got my focus screen scratched. So I went to CSC to check my camera and I thought that there is warranty. However, the girl told me warranty doesn’t come with parts and ofcos I was abit upset and ask to change it anyway. I ask the girl what should I do to prevent it and the girl can’t answer me and out of the blue there was this guy (Terence) came towards me and tell me this kind of things happen and as long as it doesn’t affect the photos and I should live with it?? And he had one too?? What has that got to do with me??
    I think it has alot to do with you because you're using a camera also.
    He's just sharing an experience with you so that you'll know you're not the only one
    with this kind of situation.
    In other words, he's trying to reassure you.
    I doubt asking the girl what to do is going to help.
    I don't think they'll have much in-depth knowledge regarding your problem as they're probably trained to just take your equipment and note down the problems and your details so that they can send it on to the servicing dept.
    Last edited by tainted; 1st June 2010 at 01:26 PM.

no one is perfect...

few unhappy customers out of many doesnt mean that csc sucks...

since you are new, may be you dont know yet how good (i mean very good) csc is...

Quote Originally Posted by tainted View Post
    I think TS is just someone rather anal.
    And someone who's new to photography.
    If i recall correctly CSC's working environment is not really dust proof right?
    For all you know maybe thats where the dust and elephants and whatnots come from.
    Personally for me a little dust is fine. As long as it does not affect my image.
    If it does then its time to break out the blower!
    Sides, there's always the clone tool in photoshop
    and I think u answer with anal too. Canon Manager called me and apologise the way his customer service answer me and he too think that he is giving a negative answer to me. They might not be well train technician but they should be well train customer service not to answer me that way. so what I'm new to photography?? who never been new before?? born out know how to take photo?? if i buy a good camera and why should i use photoshop??

Blog Entries

.....if i buy a good camera and why should i use photoshop??....
    oh boyyyy......
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    oh boyyyy......
    lol nice reply.
    I can imagine you rolling your eyes.
    Anyways just for the record;
    I sent her a pm elaborating on the merits of using photoshop
    And an apology too. Because I've forgotten that we all start out as beginners. Be it photography or something new.
    Along with a little protest regarding the first line of her comment.
    I resent that comment and I think that its uncalled for.
    'nuff said.
    Last edited by tainted; 1st June 2010 at 03:07 PM.

... if i buy a good camera and why should i use photoshop??
    How I wish it is always true...

Blog Entries

Darbee , different people will reply to your situation in different way ...... some will even go off-target......... just pay attention to the replies that are relevant to your situation

You have spoken about BOTH the people problem AND the scratch/dust/clean things. So please be fair to the good people who take trouble to reply to you

AND NOBODY should mention about anyone being anal again please? ......... EACH person have their own personal level of expectations of services , please respect that

Enjoy your time at CS , Darbee8
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Darbee , different people will reply to your situation in different way ...... some will even go off-target......... just pay attention to the replies that are relevant to your situation

You have spoken about BOTH the people problem AND the scratch/dust/clean things. So please be fair to the good people who take trouble to reply to you

AND NOBODY should mention about anyone being anal again please? ......... EACH person have their own personal level of expectations of services , please respect that

Enjoy your time at CS , Darbee8
    People attitude is their problem and scratches I've oredi said is my problem and I really check my camera before sending in, told them the canon manager oredi called me and i'm happy now and they kept say new, use what camera wont get dust la, got dust definately user fault la, bla bla bla... but no one actually highlighted why the canon customer says "you have to live with it" and just know how to say all unnecessary things. I'm just saying my exprience in CSC and really happy with the canon manager reply and not like i condemn the whole CSC. Besides, they should show to the customer that its really dusty before proceed and not after cleaning 1 area and tell customer the other area is dusty and should be more careful using words towards customer. This is how customer service learn new things and improve the service isnt it? Anyway, everything already settled and using or not photoshop has got nothing to do with what I complaint.

Thanks ed9119 for your understanding.

People attitude is their problem and scratches I've oredi said is my problem and I really check my camera before sending in, told them the canon manager oredi called me and i'm happy now and they kept say new, use what camera wont get dust la, got dust definately user fault la, bla bla bla... but no one actually highlighted why the canon customer says "you have to live with it" and just know how to say all unnecessary things. I'm just saying my exprience in CSC and really happy with the canon manager reply and not like i condemn the whole CSC. Besides, they should show to the customer that its really dusty before proceed and not after cleaning 1 area and tell customer the other area is dusty and should be more careful using words towards customer. This is how customer service learn new things and improve the service isnt it? Anyway, everything already settled and using or not photoshop has got nothing to do with what I complaint.

Thanks ed9119 for your understanding.
    Since it is your problem, why bother to tell us. Can't you see that no one here support your attitude?

Btw, if you are using DSLR, you have to live with the dust.

If you still unhappy with Canon, don't support them by dumping your camera and switch systems.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast