pay cash, pain one time only..
pay cash, pain one time only..
Cathay Photo at marina square selling 550D with kit I for $1200, free 8gb memory card and a bag.
MS color Main selling $1290, free filter, screen protecter, bag, and 8gb card.
Which one is worth?
i think you can buy a filter and a screen protector for less than $90.
still, caveat emptor, just to avoid unhappy experience, this is what i would do:
1) examine body briefly for outward appearance - does it seem to have been used before? are there user marks - this depends on personal tolerance. ditto for lens. check lens briefly for abnormal amounts of dust - it should be relatively clean internally. same for camera body.
2) check battery connectors/ports for corrosion, this could happen due to improper storage.
3) take a few test pictures with your lens:
- borrow a box with text on it, place your camera on the counter (to make sure there is no shake due to handholding), and using AF, take a few quick pictures focusing on the box placed in centre of frame at different distances, auto mode also can
4) no way to check sensor easily and quickly, but it will be covered under warranty, and cases of sensor getting problem is rare, especially if you can take pictures straight out
these should take care of most common problems. you can't really check infinitely if there is problem, so this depends on trust between you and the shop.
make sure : you GET and KEEP the original receipt, and that the warranty is stamped, and the card is present in the box before you leave.
that's about it.
to clean the lens and sensor, please google. most people do not mind DIY clean lens, this can be done with:
1) lens blower (first)
2) microfibre cloth or chamois
3) failing which you will need lens cleaning fluid and #2
all of the above can be purchased when you buy your camera. rough prices, i can't remember.
haha since i'm only a beginner, i should start with kit lens first yah? since CP offering better price, i will go CP and purchase my new and first dslr 550D!
Thanks alot for your advice!!! really!
I'd buy at some other reputed shop.
Try SLR Revolution, Funan Mall. 5th Floor. I bought my 550D Kit I there and pais $1276 (incl. GST) in April. Or you may check out prices at Alan Photo, Cathay Photo and MS Color and compare where you get the best deal.
Canon EOS 550D. 18-55mm. 50mm f/1.8 II.
By the way, is 550d light? For easy portability.
If the little weight of the 550D is still troublesome you can either get an Optech strap (has some flexible parts that make the weight less felt) or .. get a PnS.
Any dust inside or in between the two ends of the lens cannot be reached. Dont accept those
Whereas the two portion where the lens filter and where the portion u mount the lens. Those you can clean them.
Imagine if you can see 'elephants' within inner lens elements.
Chances are it might affecting part of the photo.
Of course maintenance have to be done every time.
Blowing off dust, removing moisture, oil from the skin on the lens body etc.
Hi i bought my 550D already! however whenever i'm releasing the shutter, the lcd screen there's always this flash busy. why is that so?