Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: icc profile

  1. #1

    Default icc profile

    I got my preferred lab's icc profile den wat???...
    Do i calibrate according to e monitor or to i open photoshop n calibrate??..
    Thanx for ur advise..
    Zeng Liwei | Photos

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperkurt
    I got my preferred lab's icc profile den wat???...
    Do i calibrate according to e monitor or to i open photoshop n calibrate??..
    Thanx for ur advise..
    u can use the icc profile to compare to the edited photo by using proof setup in PS (not too sure about other software and take note tat this can only be done when ur monitor is calibrated. If not, it's useless u get the icc profile from the lab..)

    I think most of the lab will just give u a soft and a hard copy of a pic for u to calibrate ur monitor. So, what u see on ur monitor will be the same as ur final printout..

    Please correct me if i'm wrong...

  3. #3

    Default

    so e monitor muz be calibrated first???...oh ok...
    But den will e results vary from photoshop to windows viewer if u use the icc profile to compare to the edited photo by using proof setup in PS??...
    Zeng Liwei | Photos

  4. #4

    Default

    oh ya and how to use e proof setup???..
    Zeng Liwei | Photos

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperkurt
    so e monitor muz be calibrated first???...oh ok...
    But den will e results vary from photoshop to windows viewer if u use the icc profile to compare to the edited photo by using proof setup in PS??...
    Dun really get wat u mean...
    The icc u get from the lab is the icc profile for the printer they use(eg. frontier).. When u calibrate ur monitor, u hav another icc profile for u monitor.. Sound confused? The icc profile for monitor is to calibrate ur camera to see the real/true color of ur pics.. So u can edit them with a better accuracy of color...

    But when u wan to print out.. The printer are not tat intelligent to know what the real color, thus we need icc profile for printer.. So u can get wat u see on the monitor..

    When u use the proof setup, u can see the diff between the edited photo and the final printout... If there is a diff, u might need so touch up... At this point u r comparing 2 photos using 2 diff work spaces...

    hehe.. hope u understand

  6. #6

    Default

    wahzzz...cheemm..
    Tot i get e icc profile for e shop i frequent can already.
    So how to calibrate camera???...Compare lcd n pic on screen???...
    Zeng Liwei | Photos

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperkurt
    wahzzz...cheemm..
    Tot i get e icc profile for e shop i frequent can already.
    So how to calibrate camera???...Compare lcd n pic on screen???...
    think camera will be quite hard since the lcd so small... Not too sure about camera icc profile..

  8. #8

    Default

    Ok I explain my situation
    all i have is a print out of a photo with all e scales n colours
    n a cd with tt same pic in it.
    So wat to i do??..
    1. open pic in ps
    2.edit
    3.den???...

    Thanx for all e help...
    Zeng Liwei | Photos

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperkurt
    Ok I explain my situation
    all i have is a print out of a photo with all e scales n colours
    n a cd with tt same pic in it.
    So wat to i do??..
    1. open pic in ps
    2.edit
    3.den???...

    Thanx for all e help...
    err.. are u trying to calibrate ur monitor?
    Try to read up about proof setup for PS
    Then u will understand...

  10. #10

    Default

    Hmmm ok got ya..
    I m done for today dead beat..juz staring a e monitor n printout...
    Thanx...
    Zeng Liwei | Photos

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    706

    Default

    You can read up more about labs and ICC profiles here

    http://www.popularphotography.com/ar...article_id=482

  12. #12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •