Thread: What to look for wireless flash trigger?

Default What to look for wireless flash trigger?

Hi,

i have been reading some info on wireless flash trigger and i am rather confused..

there are equipments like pocket wizard that sells for $200++ and there are some that are selling $50++

basically, i just want a device for my SB600 to fire remotely when i press the shuttle...

any advice?
    http://www.EdmundPhoto.com
    for Weddings, Family Portraits, Executive Portraits, etc

Deregistered

Default Re: What to look for wireless flash trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferderico View Post
    Hi,

i have been reading some info on wireless flash trigger and i am rather confused..

there are equipments like pocket wizard that sells for $200++ and there are some that are selling $50++

basically, i just want a device for my SB600 to fire remotely when i press the shuttle...

any advice?
    Get from Dimage in mass sales.He has $35 to $50++ ones

P.S Its shutter not shuttle...

Hi,

any advice?
    We have CLS for tt, ur D90 onboard can act as commander, but for outdoor location shoot where distance and bright conditions pose a prob for CLS, get a transmitter n receiver kind, personally using Phottix Aster, good for me ..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Hi,

any advice?
    you pay a premium for reliability, especially when you are shooting for money.

for leisure, just get whatever you can afford.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Hi,

any advice?
    The difference in the price is really about (1) reliability, (2) distance, and (3) built of the device. PocketWizards are like the industry standards.

The SB600 does not have a sync terminal (pls read http://sgstrobist.blogspot.com/2009/...strobbing.html) and if you get a remote trigger, get one that has a hotshoe and that you can mount your flash directly on it (like this one: http://sgstrobist.blogspot.com/2010/...for-nikon.html).
    A picture tells a thousand words... make yours speak a million!
    My Flickr | My Blog