Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you have the same thoughts?

Default Re: Do you have the same thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    When I started photography I was "passionate" about photography.

I shot everything. Flowers lah, buildings lah, beaches lah, sky lah, street scenes lah etc.

After so many years I think I am now lagi "passionate".

I now spend more time in front of PC looking at XMM photos in P&P and dreaming about shooting them.

Haha u win If my wife catches me surfing XMM photos, I shall explain that it is in pursuit of photographic greatness the skimpy clothes have nothing to do w it

Quote Originally Posted by chikubang View Post
    Do you guys have this feeling that the more you shoot, there are lesser things that really gives you that urge to pick up your camera and shoot?

Do you guys also feel that after shooting for a while, your skills kinda remain stagnant?
    Agreed, similar feeling. Encourage myself by looking at other galleries and reading up. Photography is subjective, guess enjoying it as u go along on ur own pace may help u rediscover new perspectives & interest in other genres ?
    Last edited by Justintime; 31st May 2010 at 05:08 PM.

singapore shoot until sian already, but when i travel to different countries everything excites me & i cant stop snapping.
    Canon 5DMkIII_Canon 7D_Canon 1000D_18-135mm STM_50mm 1.4_24-70mm L

Do you guys have this feeling that the more you shoot, there are lesser things that really gives you that urge to pick up your camera and shoot?

Do you guys also feel that after shooting for a while, your skills kinda remain stagnant?
    Ans to the 1st question: No... NM, Sion, Leong, etc... shoot better than me. I'll only rest when I can produce better results or on par with them. They can shoot some simple unthinkable daily scenes and still take my breath away.

2nd question: Yes... Although my results look better than the 1st time I pick up my dslr, but they all keep raising the standard and leaving me far behind.... That's why I feel relatively stagnant or sometimes getting worse.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    Ans to the 1st question: No... NM, Sion, Leong, etc... shoot better than me. I'll only rest when I can produce better results or on par with them. They can shoot some simple unthinkable daily scenes and still take my breath away.

2nd question: Yes... Although my results look better than the 1st time I pick up my dslr, but they all keep raising the standard and leaving me far behind.... That's why I feel relatively stagnant or sometimes getting worse.
    you can never rest, cos if you set your eyes on the world standard, tho this mountain is very high but others are even higher mountain.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

The world so big . You shoot entire singapore , still got so many countries can explore , let alone continents . If you really shoot the entire earth , the maybe i suggest you one money-making way to shoot . Buy a 600mm lens and figure a way to stack 2x teleconverters in a bundle . Then finally try to shoot planet pandora .
    NIKON D90 | NIKKOR 35mm F/1.8G | NIKKOR 50mm F/1.8D | TOKINA 11-16mm F/2.8

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post

You shoot photos to compete or shoot for passion ?
    NIKON D90 | NIKKOR 35mm F/1.8G | NIKKOR 50mm F/1.8D | TOKINA 11-16mm F/2.8

Quote Originally Posted by loozhengyuan View Post
    You shoot photos to compete or shoot for passion ?
    Of course for passion. If dun have the passion, I'll just get a pns, and set a simple criteria like as long as got recognizable face and not blur can le.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

I always wanted to learn studio photography but then I couldnt seek any revenues to learn. Erm. I have posted *free* photography assistant before and apparently noones wanna me. LOL. So ya...
    Passion for Photography

I always wanted to learn studio photography but then I couldnt seek any revenues to learn. Erm. I have posted *free* photography assistant before and apparently noones wanna me. LOL. So ya...
    there is a guy who is giving free studio usage and basic lighting in gathering section.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12