Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Digi Dry Cabinet DB-036 spoilt?

Default Re: Digi Dry Cabinet DB-036 spoilt?

Actually if it is still working it's not too bad.

Previously for one of my cabinets I just needed to unscrew the dehumifier unit to bring it in for repair.

hi, got my db-36 last friday. however found that the hygrometer not working as it go up and down between 20 to 25 reading. got it change yesterday.

what i did is, i off the set and on it half hour later. fix the hygrometer back with 70 reading at around 2pm. by night time, it read at 66, air con is on and this morning, it go to 58.. but after air con off, it is at 62. but now at almost 1 pm it is at 65. i set the knob at 12 pm( mid of the blue) .

Can advise whether i still continue to wait at the 12 pm knob for the RH to drop to 50% or i need to increase the knob to maybe 3 pm so the rh will drop? or it is the cabinet set faulty which i need to sent back for repair?

thanks

Which region did u set for the knob in DigiCabi?
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

what do you mean by region for the knob? there is only this round knob with green, blue and red colour. also i can feel some water droplets here as shown in the pix? is this the case ot set fautly?

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=...L1fYh4l5k2TGxc

thanks

Time to turn it to (say) 2 o'clock. Leave for 1-2 hours and see the result.

thanks, will do. But is water found to be at the top of the knob consider normal?

thanks

dear buzzmario

if you find water condensing inside near the knob, sorry bro your cabinet's dehumidifer unit is overworking and the cooler inside is too
    cold and causing the outer plastic inside the cabinet to condense. (you touch the plastic inside near the know, it should be cold right?

suggest bring the dehumidifer unit back for servicing.
    D80/D700 18-135/17-50/14-24/24-70/70-200/70-300/50/60 SB600/900

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ang View Post
    Hmm....both mine all the way left or right also @ 20-23%...@@
    to the left is to decrease, right is to increase, it will take awhile to see the changes in RH, since your is at 20-23% just open the door let let it go to 50% thne you fine tune from there

Quote Originally Posted by nixontkl View Post
    dear buzzmario

if you find water condensing inside near the knob, sorry bro your cabinet's dehumidifer unit is overworking and the cooler inside is too
    cold and causing the outer plastic inside the cabinet to condense. (you touch the plastic inside near the know, it should be cold right?

suggest bring the dehumidifer unit back for servicing.
    i email to the agent but was told this is how the dehumidification function. but thanks for the highlight. will monitor and see how. I just redo the step again.

last night i set at 12 noon and let it run for almost 12 hours. now set at 2pm , hopefully the rh will down to below 50, now is 66.

by the way, safe to leave my cam and lens in the cabinet with the condense going on?

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmario View Post
    i email to the agent but was told this is how the dehumidification function. but thanks for the highlight. will monitor and see how. I just redo the step again.

last night i set at 12 noon and let it run for almost 12 hours. now set at 2pm , hopefully the rh will down to below 50, now is 66.

by the way, safe to leave my cam and lens in the cabinet with the condense going on?
    safe and not safe.

not safe = you won't know if the dry cabinet has hit the optimum range.
    safe = won't die either.

that is how i feel.

Analogue dry cabinet - the dehumidifier is constantly running unlike digital control one. it will take some trial and error to find the
    right position to turn the knob to. room temp does affect the ability of the dehumidifier unit in the cabinet, so set it to a position, let it settle for few hours, readjust the knob and let it settle, keep repeating until the cabinet settle at approx the level you want.

one more important thing is that almost all dry cabinet is not air tight seal, thus the internal humidity level keep fluctuating. solution is either use silicon or duct tape to seal over the joints seam on the cabinet. especially so for digicab cabinet, the top part of the cabinet is spot welded to the main body and have air gaps along the seam. either tape the seams or silicon fill the gaps in the seams, the performance of the cabinet will improve.

Analogue dry cabinet - the dehumidifier is constantly running unlike digital control one. it will take some trial and error to find the
    right position to turn the knob to. room temp does affect the ability of the dehumidifier unit in the cabinet, so set it to a position, let it settle for few hours, readjust the knob and let it settle, keep repeating until the cabinet settle at approx the level you want.

one more important thing is that almost all dry cabinet is not air tight seal, thus the internal humidity level keep fluctuating. solution is either use silicon or duct tape to seal over the joints seam on the cabinet. especially so for digicab cabinet, the top part of the cabinet is spot welded to the main body and have air gaps along the seam. either tape the seams or silicon fill the gaps in the seams, the performance of the cabinet will improve.
    DigiCAB should had done a QC check already I think some pressue test before ship out one lah....

Quote Originally Posted by DM101 View Post
    DigiCAB should had done a QC check already I think some pressue test before ship out one lah....
    dont believe me abt the air gaps, you can always confirm it your self easily, take less than 1min with a torch light

open your cabinet, shine the torch light along the seam inside at the top area of the cabinet and u just look from the outside along the seam, IF YOU SEE LIGHT, you know will know if your cabinet is that air tight as you think or not.

I gone thru 2 digicab, so believe it or not its up to you. I not the losing end as I done my analysis and fix and happy with my cabinet performance.

this adjusting is killing me, should got a full digital one at the first place, now it is set at 2 pm , and at 49 ( fix at 2pm 12 hour ago, air con just on an hour ago). and these still water condense on the top of the box above some where left side of the knob area). call the agent was told that condensation is normal one.
    can i just let the knob fix at 12 pm, with reading of 60 plus and kept my cam in there? the normal RH of internal room in singapore is 70 plus? so at 60 plus is should be safer ? just spend 2 k on the cam and 105 on the dry cabinet, prefer to wait a while to get a digital one........

Hi bro

I seems to have the same problem! Rightfully the RH should be at %? Can anyone here give some advice or tips?

Thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmario View Post
    this adjusting is killing me, should got a full digital one at the first place, now it is set at 2 pm , and at 49 ( fix at 2pm 12 hour ago, air con just on an hour ago). and these still water condense on the top of the box above some where left side of the knob area). call the agent was told that condensation is normal one.
    can i just let the knob fix at 12 pm, with reading of 60 plus and kept my cam in there? the normal RH of internal room in singapore is 70 plus? so at 60 plus is should be safer ? just spend 2 k on the cam and 105 on the dry cabinet, prefer to wait a while to get a digital one........
    if 12pm gives you 60.
    2pm gives you 49.

let it stay at 2pm and dump your tools in. (and see if your Dry cabinet will head back to 49% after a day or so - adjust accordingly from there)

condensation i have no idea since i don't have air con in my room for quite some time already.
    Last edited by MarineX; 17th April 2011 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga2 View Post
    Hi bro

I seems to have the same problem! Rightfully the RH should be at %? Can anyone here give some advice or tips?

Thanks so much

between 40-55%

hi manage to get around 50 rh at 1pm. but water condensation still have.

hi manage to get around 50 rh at 1pm. but water condensation still have.

Good for you in reaching the level you want, but just a point to note.

Analogue control cabinet is affected by the ambient temp, so do not be alarm that your humidity lvl start changing even thou you never
    go touch the knob.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast