Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JETSTAR services is the WORST in a long time!

Blog Entries

Default Re: JETSTAR services is the WORST in a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    oh, so that's where all the pretty air stewardesses go after the plane starts flying.....
    LOL. u actually look out for them?

the personnel can't help? faint..
    What I meant is that the jetstar personnel you find in the airport are prob either sales or the checking-in staff - not customer service personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by wong1979 View Post
    That's why our dear Mrs Goh said: "You pay peanuts, you get monkeys."
    Wong - if I had a choice I wouldn't have even bothered to pay the peanuts.
    I was given a voucher for $100 - otherwise I won't even consider making this trip.

In the end, I decided the frustration wasn't worth it so for my sanity - I GAVE AWAY the voucher.

To employers - if you want the loyalty of your staff, pls don't ever give them Jetstar vouchers.

RICOHFLEX:

What you have broadly said is somewhat true, and I have dealt with organisations whose bureaucracy left their service people in a pickle ... but I have never in any of these situations dealt with one whose service people were downright rude.

We have so far, spoken to THREE different service people at JetstarAsia and they were ALL rude.

When asked her name (Tina) so that I could reference the conversation when I spoke to a manager, she challenged me to file a complaint against her. duh... so ok lor, I take down the details for doing so.

The second one Sha was as bad.

The third one , Jane , simply told my wife "I am very busy" and cut the phone line.

I have written a complaint as advised by their customer service, but according to another forumer , it takes 15 working days to get a response - if at all I suspect.

I don't think "budget" means "getting abused", right? Or does it?

Bottom line, if they depend on technology for their bookings ... isn't the onus on them to ensure 110% that instructions and processes are clear and the system is 110% reliable ...?

And it would also help if they were more transparent with their pricing ... rather than incrementally adding things along the way which really, can be construed to be hidden charges.... but worse yet, leading to more confusion.

their call centre could be outsource type de ... think it is not in Singapore but in Malaysia ?

Quote Originally Posted by Keltzar View Post
    RICOHFLEX:

What you have broadly said is somewhat true, and I have dealt with organisations whose bureaucracy left their service people in a pickle ... but I have never in any of these situations dealt with one whose service people were downright rude.

We have so far, spoken to THREE different service people at JetstarAsia and they were ALL rude.

When asked her name (Tina) so that I could reference the conversation when I spoke to a manager, she challenged me to file a complaint against her. duh... so ok lor, I take down the details for doing so.

The third one , Jane , simply told my wife "I am very busy" and cut the phone line.

I have written a complaint as advised by their customer service, but according to another forumer , it takes 15 working days to get a response - if at all I suspect.

Bottom line, if they depend on technology for their bookings ... isn't the onus on them to ensure 110% that instructions and processes are clear and the system is 110% reliable ...?

And it would also help if they were more transparent with their pricing ... rather than incrementally adding things along the way which really, can be construed to be hidden charges.... but worse yet, leading to more confusion.
    I know it is a pain, but before going to the next page ALWAYS make sure nothing extras like insurance is ticked, else you need to go back and redo it...........but I personally never had problems with their website, maybe it is me, I fly Airasia, Jetstar, Tiger, all the time.......

Airasia Indonesia had some delays when I was there........Jetstar and Tiger non in my case........but others may have different experiences.

But rude customer services is a no no

HS
    Last edited by hongsien; 31st May 2010 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltzar View Post
    RICOHFLEX:

write a nice nice letter to ST forum.

noted. Will avoid Jetstar and Tiger. Are there any other budget airlines in Singapore that can be used?

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    noted. Will avoid Jetstar and Tiger. Are there any other budget airlines in Singapore that can be used?
    still got airasia...

but frankly speaking, i doubt the service will be much better

still got airasia...

but frankly speaking, i doubt the service will be much better
    if I am not wrong, for longer haul destination, you would need to transit in KL.

I have only done Silkair and not any of the budget. Maybe will stick to other airlines. To China have Eastern China. To Australia have Emirates. To Europe, depending where, have Luthansa/Swiss/Emirates/Qatar/Turkish. To Thai, there is Thai. I don't think will miss the budget airlines too much.

Jetstar is a budget airline. You want good service, you pay the premium.

did you try calling back? must be problem with that customer service rep only... you should have gotten his name at least and lodged a complain with him.

... not expecting premium service, however - neither do I expect to be abused or have outstandingly rude service which seems to be the hallmark of their quality!

Ironically, I have had more polite service from call centres in the philipines and india compared to Jetstar's in Singapore.

I called back 3 times in total and spoke to 3 diff persons - the last being my wife who called back on my behalf. By that time, she only wanted to know what time she should call to speak to a manager.... we didn't even raise our issue. The CS staff kept trying to evade the question .. then said she didn't know what time her managers came to work. When asked if they had a supervisor, said no ... then said yes ... then said 9am to 6pm on weekdays (so no supervision on weekends?) ... which was at odds with what her colleagues had said as 8am to 8pm.

I have flown Jetstar many times, and used to recommend it more than its competitors because it was more "fuss-free". If they are trying to minimise cost, I expect that their IT system is faultless so I don't HAVE to talk to anyone - that was to me the whole point of Budget anyway.

In any case, the person I finally gave the $100 voucher to did manage to make a booking to a diff destination yesterday for himself - took 2 hours ... incl. a call to their call centre, and after some wrangling ... they did the booking over the phone because they admitted their system had a glitch (for 4 days ?!) ... the same glitch which gave me a problem in the first place.

He then asked if the voucher had pre-conditions for its use i.e. could not be used for certain destinations. She said no conditions.

Again, another inconsistent reply from what was given to me by their other CS.

Are their office hour CS staff more competent than those after-hours i.e. people like Tina Kurau, Sha and June...? I wonder.

However, Jetstar should still TRAIN THEIR STAFF in proper Customer Service.

re: Pricing ... the sad irony, is that if you shop around... after all their additional cost ... by my experience, if you book a Budget airline anything less than 4 months in advance... it is suffice to say that if you shop around, often you can find a full-fare airline for maybe 10-20% more. Airlines like Silkair ... so even these days I already minimise how often I have to fly Budget at all ... when full fare can be just $50+ more sometimes...
    but this time I was given a cash voucher I had to use...
    so if you want to keep your friends, NEVER give a Budget Airline (esp jetstar) voucher as a present.

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Hello,

We are talking about bad CUSTOMER services, NOT Airline services, the budgest airlines service is usually fine lah! I am an easy customer, as long as I can get a seat I am already happy, for these short trips who cares about first class service?........

HS

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Maybe you all miss the point.
    For some budget airlines in general, this lack of good service may be deliberate.
    Why?

The whole idea is to make consumers feel acutely the difference between a budget airline and a full service airline.
    The one thing they don't compromise is safety.

That is why they have a budget terminal. Do you feel like "underclass" when you have to go to budget terminal to catch the flight. That is why they make you walk to the airplane on the tarmac (no aerobridge).
    (heard that Jetstar does not need to go to budget terminal - so some concession there)

Please read the excellent book named "The underground economist"
    Now, basically an airplane gets you from point A to point B.
    If you buy a First Class ticket, you are actually sitting and flying in the same plane as those who bought an Economy ticket. How on earth then, can they entice you to fly First Class or Business Class and spend a lot more money for the same trip?

So there are clear and distinct behaviors/first class airport lounges/walking routes/"first class passengers board first from boarding gate"/prettier stewardesses/more liquor/ better food/wider seats/ etc... to make you feel that you got your money's worth.

The budget airline experience is applying the same psychology in reverse. If you are angry and swear that you will choose to fly the full service non-budget airline for all future trips, then that is the desired outcome.

Are they killing their own business?
    No. They got to take care of the parent full service airline.

Can they do better/ don't delay flights so often/be more punctual/etc? Have read lots of newspaper reports about horrific delays by a certain budget airline named after a clawed tropical jungle animal - same as the beer.
    Yes, of course. But the point is that they do not want to.

They want to make you feel the pain of flying budget airlines.
    Imagine what a disaster it will be if millions of passengers are very happy with the budget airline experience and tell all their friends and relatives to do the same. Who will fly the full service airlines?

They are training you indirectly to choose to fly the "better" more expensive non-budget airlines next time.

Wonder how does Air Asia compare to the other budget airlines.
    I haven't read about your underground economic theory but I find it very intriguing. You mean a premium airline would purposely set up a budget subsidiary and then tell him to screw up his own budget business so that people will fly its own premium airline?

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Maybe you all miss the point.
    For some budget airlines in general, this lack of good service may be deliberate.
    Why?

The whole idea is to make consumers feel acutely the difference between a budget airline and a full service airline.
    The one thing they don't compromise is safety.

That is why they have a budget terminal. Do you feel like "underclass" when you have to go to budget terminal to catch the flight. That is why they make you walk to the airplane on the tarmac (no aerobridge).
    (heard that Jetstar does not need to go to budget terminal - so some concession there)

Please read the excellent book named "The underground economist"
    Now, basically an airplane gets you from point A to point B.
    If you buy a First Class ticket, you are actually sitting and flying in the same plane as those who bought an Economy ticket. How on earth then, can they entice you to fly First Class or Business Class and spend a lot more money for the same trip?

So there are clear and distinct behaviors/first class airport lounges/walking routes/"first class passengers board first from boarding gate"/prettier stewardesses/more liquor/ better food/wider seats/ etc... to make you feel that you got your money's worth.

The budget airline experience is applying the same psychology in reverse. If you are angry and swear that you will choose to fly the full service non-budget airline for all future trips, then that is the desired outcome.

Are they killing their own business?
    No. They got to take care of the parent full service airline.

Can they do better/ don't delay flights so often/be more punctual/etc? Have read lots of newspaper reports about horrific delays by a certain budget airline named after a clawed tropical jungle animal - same as the beer.
    Yes, of course. But the point is that they do not want to.

They want to make you feel the pain of flying budget airlines.
    Imagine what a disaster it will be if millions of passengers are very happy with the budget airline experience and tell all their friends and relatives to do the same. Who will fly the full service airlines?

They are training you indirectly to choose to fly the "better" more expensive non-budget airlines next time.

Wonder how does Air Asia compare to the other budget airlines.
    ha... nice one there. fully agree with this.

i seriously cannot imagine how budget operators can have full fledge service similar to non-budget operators and still remain profitable.

the premium price for non-budget operators is exactly what one is paying for - their customer service. And in the event that tricky situation arises, there are trained personnel available at the first instance to assist them.

Called Air Asia call center once to fixed my booking. Waiting time was pretty fast (less than 10 minutes), and the call center guy managed to help me.
    Called JetStar call center one day. First call waited in queue almost 40 minutes before i gave up. Then i started my FM 2010 game, and once it was running, call the center again and put it on speaker phone, and just left it next to me while i was playing game. i think the waiting time was about the same, when a human finally picked it up.
    She managed to gave me the info I need tho.

I'd take Air Asia over Jetstar anyday

Jetstar's call centre is in KL and this is exactly what we had to deal with when we have to postpone our trip to Bangkok recently!! Its completely useless talking to those bloody imbeciles when all they do is keep you running in circles. Good luck getting to the duty manager(which we did eventualy) and only then did she relieved us of the ordeal. I will not patronise an airline without a brick and mortar office locally anymore!

CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Maybe the budget airlines senior management has already instructed their staffs that "Budget Airlines = Budget Services + Budget Attitude". Once I took my family for short trip from SG to KL on Tiger Airway. Guess what!!! Go flight delay 2 hours and come back flight delay 3 hours. When in KL, the staff did not even bother to explain why the delay. So sometimes it is worth paying more for services and people to complain to. These budget airlines basically hack care about your complaints. Regardless if their customer service center is outsource, it is the airlines management to ensure on the customer service level. Maybe the budget airlines are paying peanuts to the oursource companies, thus the peanuts attracted all monkeys!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast