Thread: Paintball shootout... fun?

Default Paintball shootout... fun?

Hey, regarding the paintball shootouts u all had sometime back.... Wanted to go... but.. didn't make it lah

i think the idea was to split 20 people into 2 'groups' of 10 people
    then 5 on 5 right?

each person roughly has 100 rounds

Is there a long wait for the 2 groups?? as in just watching the action on the group

also, is 100 round enough? is it 100 rounds per session or did u have to load an amount, fiinish, then change groups and reload, and start all over?

how is the sequence like?

Lastly, i take it that most of you find the price reasonable?

Is there a long wait for the 2 groups?? as in just watching the action on the group
    >> No. It quite fast based on that day. Further more, after actions, still need to clean the mask and the gun. Not a very long wait.

also, is 100 round enough? is it 100 rounds per session or did u have to load an amount, fiinish, then change groups and reload, and start all over?
    >> depend on how u regulate your rounds. The remaining is shared with 2nd grp

how is the sequence like?
    1) Form up your team.
    2) Determine who start first
    3) Game start
    4) Game End
    5) They clean the weapon and mask
    6) 2nd game start, so and so forth....

Lastly, i take it that most of you find the price reasonable?
    >> For first time playing, i find it quite alrite.

do it with cameras = more fun.
    Like pokémon snap!

really leh. next time u all go i also want to go. this kind of combatmission kind of thing lasttime kindergarten only play only then many years until now never play this kind of fighting game already. hehe! =D

so its actually play once per group of 100 rounds, then after u die, u surrender the rest of the 100 rounds to the other group

then no more?

hmm how long did a group take?

the gun can take 100 rounds or more in 1 loading??

die then surrender round abit not fair?...more realistic to let the opponent member come to your "dead body" on the spot where the downed player is then allow them to loot the rounds from there

all arm with low end consumer auto cam
    and see who can shoot most enemies

hahaha...then at the end of the round, see who has the most mugshots of the enemy right

Quote Originally Posted by clive
    die then surrender round abit not fair?...more realistic to let the opponent member come to your "dead body" on the spot where the downed player is then allow them to loot the rounds from there
    Not allowed to cross over 'no-man's-land' for safety reasons. The gun at point blank do very serious injury if shot through the back of the head.

When's the next round? I'm game! Wife is going to be out of town in a bit so I can hang out with other kids of my age.

Wonder if its possible to rig up guns with pin hole cams mounted on the barrel. That's what I'd call in-game action cam.

Eh... actually i was saying about 'surrendering' the rounds to the 2nd group of players, not the opponents

was it like that?

or do you all play a 2nd round?

is 100 rounds enough?? how long does it last for most people???

There is an objective in a game, the game only finish when objective is fulfilled, regardless of time or ammo.
    So if you ran out of bullet, too bad, run for your objective waving your gun like mad is one of the few option you have

As for whether 100 rounds is enough or not, it varies from pple to pple. It was enough for me, still had some left at the end of the game. While my teammate finished his, slightly after halfway of the game. So, again, it is how trigger happy you are.

As for the waiting time, you will be glad that there is a waiting time as each game will really suck out your energy and you'll need sometime to rest before running around again. But each game usually won't last longer than 10 minutes. Maintenance and ammo recharge whould be about 5 mins or less. so all in all play 10 mins, wait 15 mins around there.

Oh, and you don't just die when you get shot. you can respawn again but must go back to your base first. So dun worry about missing all the fun if you get shot early in the game.
    Last edited by Brandon; 16th April 2004 at 04:58 PM.

hmmmm ok..

so lets say for any person A, he plays, gets shot, goes back to base and plays until either the objective ends, or everybody runs out of bullets? (the gun can hold all 100 rounds in 1 go?)

then after that, group B plays

after that, everybody goes for dinner...
    right?

theres no 'round 2' for group A kinda thing right?

you may like to visit http://www.paintball.com.sg for more details.

we paid $55 each on the 11 april shoot-out.
    It was fun but the duration of each game too short..

last sunday there were round 2 for group A and B, but we bought extra 2000 bullets for that (100 bullets per person) Hence the $55 per player.

The objective still can be achieved without any ammo by the way

And yes the gun can hold 100 bullets.

when u guys going?? after all teh chatting... no shooting. must change what I "shoot" once a while..