Thread: Have you all notice?

Default Have you all notice?

there's an increase influx of cheapo companies or people looking for cheap or even free photography services here! I don't think that what these people do is benefitting the photography communities here in singapore. common guys, you all want to ask for free/cheapo photography please GO elsewhere and not clubsnap, our equipment costs more than what you're offering & who think that photographers here are some pathetic jobless people, we earn more money then you do sometimes. As someone who is passionate about photography and who hold key positions in a photography club before, if i never stand up and speak who will !
    Canon 5DMkIII_Canon 7D_Canon 1000D_18-135mm STM_50mm 1.4_24-70mm L

Default Re: Have you all notice?

mod should ban these cheapo from posting such ads, they are exploiting young photographers who are starting out!
    Canon 5DMkIII_Canon 7D_Canon 1000D_18-135mm STM_50mm 1.4_24-70mm L

Haha, this is (周瑜打黄盖,一个愿打一个愿挨。)

You have no right to stop this people from doing so.
    Find me beauty, find me kindness, find me truth...

Quote Originally Posted by StudioFever View Post
    there's an increase influx of cheapo companies or people looking for cheap or even free photography services here! I don't think that what these people do is benefitting the photography communities here in singapore. common guys, you all want to ask for free/cheapo photography please GO elsewhere and not clubsnap, our equipment costs more than what you're offering & who think that photographers here are some pathetic jobless people, we earn more money then you do sometimes. As someone who is passionate about photography and who hold key positions in a photography club before, if i never stand up and speak who will !
    Let's send out our Anti-Cheapo Warrior to fight them!

How about TFCD .....? ? ?

tungtong2010

I TRY to...Keep the lines of communication open, can U?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tungtong

Quote Originally Posted by StudioFever View Post
    well, let's look at the other side of the story.....................

from my point of view, a lot of people that shouldn't be charging money are charging money to do important once-in-a-lifetime things like weddings.

yes, it's a free market, but it's still sad.

Blog Entries

I do not agree with the exploitation but

lets let the newbies take up the job if they want to, the most you can do is to educate them and let them decide for themselves if it is worth it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    .....a lot of people that shouldn't be charging money are charging money to do important once-in-a-lifetime things like weddings.
    Wedding can now be twice-in-a-lifetime or thrice-in-a-lifetime if your first wife, religion, energy and pockets let you.
    Last edited by Sion; 28th May 2010 at 05:44 PM.

you can find cheap photographers for all you can find,
    you can shoot for free for all you want,
    but please don't anyhow use the word "passion"
    passion is something that can only find it inside your heart, not your month,
    today you need it, you say you have passion, tomorrow you don't need, you say that is reality.
    that is really insulting to people who really dedicate their life to photography.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    today you need it, you say you have passion, tomorrow you don't need, you say that is reality.
    that is really insulting to people who really dedicate their life to photography.
    Who are they?

Wu kah lu shot tao!

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Who are they?

Wu kah lu shot tao!
    must I pay "protection fee" to you or not?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

must I pay "protection fee" to you or not?
    I am a warrior who fights for passion.

hey i'm a newbie but i oso won't go for those undercutter's offers...

newbies have alot of chances and opportunities to learn... whether it's TFCD modellings, outings organized by senior CS members, your own events, gatherings, outings etc...

in fact when i first started with photography about 3 years ago, most of the time i was shooting church events.. that's my learning ground...

people who take up these cheap offers should not be blamed for not knowing the market price out there... the people/ companies making the offers are the ones at fault if they are undercutting the profession's market rates..

i have friends who are relying on photog as their rice bowl... if everyone drives the market rate down then how?

ya, so newbies must oso be helped to understand what effects of their actions could lead to...

Quote Originally Posted by enzeru21 View Post

ya, so newbies must oso be helped to understand what effects of their actions could lead to...
    some just don't care, see "magazine editor" signing off then dream about having their friends see the magazine. viewership 200 also will give freebie.

some will just think, wa, $30 an hour not bad, better than giving out flyers or working at mcdonald's.. after all client has seen my portfolio and i am not bad right?? then they will wake up to reality when they finally meet an unreasonable client who refuses to pay. some will just continue and bank in on quantity over quality.

that's life......................

you can't control others, so be the change you want to see. talk is cheap.

the first time i saw this "exploitation" thing after i joined cs was eikin's thread.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265960

2007 up to now, every now and then will have thread popping out.

actually a lot of the issues he raised still reoccuring.. and continuing.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    some just don't care, see "magazine editor" signing off then dream about having their friends see the magazine. viewership 200 also will give freebie.

some will just think, wa, $30 an hour not bad, better than giving out flyers or working at mcdonald's.. after all client has seen my portfolio and i am not bad right?? then they will wake up to reality when they finally meet an unreasonable client who refuses to pay. some will just continue and bank in on quantity over quality.

that's life......................

you can't control others, so be the change you want to see. talk is cheap.
    ya i know what u mean... guess this is life... it happens not only in photog but in many other industries too i guess...

its the lure of the moment.. the pleasure of being in the spotlight or feeling important..

other than TFCD shoots, i'm not doing any other.. well at least not until i've improved to a certain standard..

to the rest of the newbies out there...
    once you've become satisfied with your photo, you will stop growing..

Blog Entries

well. my 2 cents

i was once approached by this person for product photography. apparently, i'm suppsoed to do for portfolio.

however, later on things start changing, at first say token amt, later say no amt, then move on to say only get to pick 5 out of all the photos to keep as folio.

asug'osdngkjasl;gbaselwh. (singlish swear words)