Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 106

Thread: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues)

  1. #41
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues)

    Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    I don't have any flash. However, I will bring a sturdy tripod, remote trigger, a big flash light with a self made soft box and some self amde reflectors. Is this good enough? Or should I have to find some way to borrow at least a flash.
    Your D80's in-built flash can trigger some of the remote strobes, perhaps even numnumball's wonder kit of close-up speedlights!
    The idea is not for each person to bring the whole armada of lighting equipment, but with each person bringing something (eg. props, reflector, diffuser, light, etc), then we should have a pretty good setup.
    Exploring! :)

  2. #42

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues)

    Oh Kevin,

    I also have Wireless Triggers if that is helpful. Not pocketwizards thou, just simple Phottix Asters.
    5D3|5D2| XE-1|R3A| flickr | shane.design.photo

  3. #43
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues)

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneKua View Post
    Oh Kevin,

    I also have Wireless Triggers if that is helpful. Not pocketwizards thou, just simple Phottix Asters.
    ok bro!
    If convenient to bring, it might be handy when the situation calls for it!

    wait... what's that I see in your signature????
    Exploring! :)

  4. #44

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    ok bro!
    If convenient to bring, it might be handy when the situation calls for it!

    wait... what's that I see in your signature????
    Huh what? where?

  5. #45
    Senior Member Jacobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere @ East Area
    Posts
    3,915

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    From Block 203 zi cha stall? Then it's the other one, at the other end of the block
    There are 2 coffeeshops at the bottom of the block, at either end. 1 is basically right at the T-Junction.
    The one we're going to is further in. I will indicate clearly in map in my PM to those going.
    The end conner kopitiam called 203 @ Spring
    The T-Junction 1st kopitiam (entrance from the main road to Toa Payoh North & turn right) called Hai Fong Restaurant

    I believe zca bro refer is 203 @ Spring..rite?
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

  6. #46
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues)

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneKua View Post
    Huh what? where?

    This

    7D | 17-55 f2.8 | 85 f1.8 | 10-22 | GF1 | 20 f1.7



    act blur some more...
    cheh...
    Exploring! :)

  7. #47

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    This

    7D | 17-55 f2.8 | 85 f1.8 | 10-22 | GF1 | 20 f1.7



    act blur some more...
    cheh...
    Haha! The 85mm i’ve been using very long already! The camera on the other hand…

    I just used it for an interior design shoot. The built in Level feature is a life saver!
    5D3|5D2| XE-1|R3A| flickr | shane.design.photo

  8. #48

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues)

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneKua View Post
    Haha! The 85mm iíve been using very long already! The camera on the other handÖ

    I just used it for an interior design shoot. The built in Level feature is a life saver!
    7D has a built in remote trigger too , only issue is it uses the built in flash to trigger external so radi trigger such as pocket wizard still the best. They have a new model recently.

  9. #49

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Your D80's in-built flash can trigger some of the remote strobes, perhaps even numnumball's wonder kit of close-up speedlights!
    The idea is not for each person to bring the whole armada of lighting equipment, but with each person bringing something (eg. props, reflector, diffuser, light, etc), then we should have a pretty good setup.
    I see... will do. Thanks.

  10. #50
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    This

    7D | 17-55 f2.8 | 85 f1.8 | 10-22 | GF1 | 20 f1.7



    act blur some more...
    cheh...
    Waaaa Shane secretly and quietly power up his tools without telling...

  11. #51

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Waaaa Shane secretly and quietly power up his tools without telling...
    Hahaha, I not gear-holic, buy only what I need mah. I must say i’m so surprised with what this camera can do man.

    I’m still thinking about the Grad-filter you showed me. Haha it’s really cool but it was very pricey! It would be the next thing I wanna buy, if not for saving up for new CF cards and another 7D battery for events.
    5D3|5D2| XE-1|R3A| flickr | shane.design.photo

  12. #52
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues)

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneKua View Post
    Hahaha, I not gear-holic, buy only what I need mah. I must say iím so surprised with what this camera can do man.

    Iím still thinking about the Grad-filter you showed me. Haha itís really cool but it was very pricey! It would be the next thing I wanna buy, if not for saving up for new CF cards and another 7D battery for events.
    LOL. ya. we are not gear-holic. If not we all on FF already. But Bryan really make us drool.

    Actually, I am using my filters a lot less and less. And I definitely do not stack as much nowadays. On one hand it is due to the color cast, on the other hand it is very lehcheh. Nowadays I tend to expose to the right a bit more, and use PP to bring down the exposure in a graduated way (Graduated filters in LR). This will work for maybe a 2 stop difference max. Any difference more than that, my GNDs will have to come out of the bag.

    One thing about color cast, is that it is not really aboutlousy quality glass or something. When you use more and more ND, IR bleeding will take place. That is the thing giving you the "red" look. Cokin filters are cheap but made of resin, so they are a little more prone to scratches. Lee filters are all glass, and they probably have some special coating that eliminates this color cast effect to a certain extent. But from feedbacks online, Lee filters also show some color cast (a lot less than Cokin) with some serious filter stacking.

  13. #53
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues)

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneKua
    Haha! The 85mm i’ve been using very long already! The camera on the other hand…

    I just used it for an interior design shoot. The built in Level feature is a life saver!
    wah you've gone into shooting interior designs? Making $$ on the side?

    The ability of the in-built flash to trigger remote slaves is......
    .... something that Nikons have had for YEARS.... mwahahahahaha...

    but anyway....

    sounds like everyone is trying to bring a lot of gear...
    will we be crowding out the whole place?

    Location is at 203 @Spring coffeeshop, as mentioned by Jacobs.
    Maybe we can do some coordination on this thread.

    Feel free to copy this list and amend accordingly

    Lights
    1) 2 x SB600 - ZCA, DD123
    2) 2 x SBR200 - NNB
    3)
    4)
    5)

    Accessories
    1) Light tent - DD123
    2) wireless triggers - ShaneKua
    3)

    Props
    1) flowers (?)
    2) mat (?)
    3)
    4)


    ====== ATTENDING ====
    1) ZerocoolAstra + gf
    3) Numnumball
    4) wildcat (confirm?)
    5) wildcat +1
    6) coolthought
    7) David (coolthought's friend)
    8) iszan
    9) daredevil123
    10) jellyfishy
    11) wmayeo
    12) Shanekua

    === end of list === 2 tables of 6 ===
    Last edited by ZerocoolAstra; 28th May 2010 at 10:29 AM.
    Exploring! :)

  14. #54

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues)

    I will be attempting some self made soft box with flash light. See how it will turn out.

  15. #55
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    LOL. ya. we are not gear-holic. If not we all on FF already. But Bryan really make us drool.

    Actually, I am using my filters a lot less and less. And I definitely do not stack as much nowadays. On one hand it is due to the color cast, on the other hand it is very lehcheh. Nowadays I tend to expose to the right a bit more, and use PP to bring down the exposure in a graduated way (Graduated filters in LR). This will work for maybe a 2 stop difference max. Any difference more than that, my GNDs will have to come out of the bag.

    One thing about color cast, is that it is not really aboutlousy quality glass or something. When you use more and more ND, IR bleeding will take place. That is the thing giving you the "red" look. Cokin filters are cheap but made of resin, so they are a little more prone to scratches. Lee filters are all glass, and they probably have some special coating that eliminates this color cast effect to a certain extent. But from feedbacks online, Lee filters also show some color cast (a lot less than Cokin) with some serious filter stacking.

    Wah, my name came out again..

    Bro, Not entirely, when i stack my Lee gnds over my hoya NDs.. No color cast at all leh..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  16. #56
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues)

    ZCA bro, want me to bring my macro lens? 200 Micro f4? (perfect for Food and product photography) Got Softbox with Heavy Duty Lightstand aso.. hee..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  17. #57
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues)

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Wah, my name came out again..

    Bro, Not entirely, when i stack my Lee gnds over my hoya NDs.. No color cast at all leh..
    Bro, online those ang moh say have a very slight cast. But they stack like 3 Lee filters or something.

    I was also thinking of Lee filters. But very the ex leh... 100+ per filter, and the holder is like 200+.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 28th May 2010 at 03:47 PM.

  18. #58
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues)

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    ZCA bro, want me to bring my macro lens? 200 Micro f4? (perfect for Food and product photography) Got Softbox with Heavy Duty Lightstand aso.. hee..
    yes, we need to shoot the small roots of the tao gays.

  19. #59
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Bro, online those ang moh say have a very slight cast. But they stack like 3 Lee filters or something.

    I was also thinking of Lee filters. But very the ex leh... 100+ per filter, and the holder is like 200+.
    Bor lar... nt so exp lar.. 123 for foundation kit (holder) but if + adapter ring then slightly more than 200
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  20. #60
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - makan + food photography outing, 15 June (tues)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    yes, we need to shoot the small roots of the tao gays.


    I stack reverse 50 + extension tubes on top of my 200 to give u 3.5X magnification of the roots particles...
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •