Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FashionShoot on Fri {28.05.10} with Yifeng & Jiuan @ only $25!

Default Re: FashionShoot on Fri {28.05.10} with Yifeng & Jiuan @ only $25!

For 1, I agree. That's 2 hours for 2 models at 1 hour per model, or 30 mins for 1 model 1 outfit. If you divide them equally for 6 photographers, it's only 5 mins per model per outfit.

2. It's not about money. Even if we're paying $10 for each shoot, I would expect some guidelines to be followed, which was what is indicated in the initial shoot. 2 models, 2 outfits at 2.5hours.

3. This is, frankly speaking, none of my concern. If one thinks that is not enough to cover cost, one can organize a shoot at a higher cost.

4. True. Then why did they agree to come out to let 6 photographers shoot them for 2 hours in the first place?

5. Again, please refer to point 2. It's not about other organised shoots. It's about what was agreed upon initially.

6. I understand where you're coming from. It's the first time I join JK's shoot too.

7. Yet again, we're not talking about kindness. We're talking about what has been posted initially. Whether is it a $100 shoot or a $10 shoot, it's still a coordinated shoot with which certain guidelines must be adhered to.

8. Please stick to this shoot, and not pull other organisers into the picture. Again, let me specify that we agree to join the shoot base on the fact that it's 2 models, 2 hours shoot.

No disrespect at all. It's a business transaction here which organiser and models earn a fee (no matter how much, it's still a transaction) and provides a service.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffREY Ong View Post
    Hi Virgo.. just my opinion & .. would just like to add ..
    1. its 2.5 hrs, not 2 hrs inclusive 30mins break (u will get ur 2hrs/no. of models)
    2. its a budget (cheap) shoot, pls don't expect so much.
    3. pls u calculate how much the models or org. are getting from the $25/pax,
    4. if given a choice with the above rates, i think the models would rather stay home (but for some circumstances, it's otherwise)
    5. pls look at other organisers, on average 3 to 4 models sometimes 5
    6. i am not supporting and have never been to any shoots by jaykay - i just need to correct ur statement
    7. let's be kind to org., models and fellow photog. (unless its a $100shoot,, i'll fully support u)
    8. modelinn has single model shoots

thanks - I don't mean any disrespect
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post
    ai yo relax la...

go there test lens, camera new setting, lighting then go back delete pics la tat wat i normally do
    haha...bro, if that's what you normally do, then I hope you have spend your money worthwhile. Different photogs have different objectives in joining shoots I think.

No hard feelings bro.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

the absolute time allocated for shooting still stands at 2 hours. mmm, here, let me show you the sums

2 models 2 hours = 1hour per model

3 models 2 hours = 40mins per model

Though the time per model is reduced, the total time is still at 2 hours. Most would welcome more subjects to shoot; it allows a little more variety.
    Of course, beyond a certain point it would be a pain, for example would be the circumstance you quoted "10models in 2 hours". That would not happen here at Jaykay, I assure you =)

Feel free to ask, it would be my responsibility to respond =)

Regards,
    Jay

I totally understand the sums JK. What I'm trying to bring across is that this wasn't the initial agreement on 2 models at 2 hours. Because there are more participants than usual, there will be additional models being added to cater for this need. What happens if there are yet more participants? Do you add in yet more models? This is what I'm trying to bring across.

It's about terms and condition here. I'm not picky at a $25 shoot. I will still say the same thing if it's a $125 or $200 shoot. It' about the terms and condition here that was set up initially when this shoot was first posted.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Talking Re: FashionShoot on Fri {28.05.10} with Yifeng & Jiuan @ only $25!

Hi
    Can include me the the standby..

Cheers

allow me to further clarify on this,

the total allocated time for shooting is 2 hours,
    at 2 models, it would come up to 1 hour per model
    at 3 models, it would come up to 40minutes per model
    even though time per model has been reduced, the total amount of time for shooting still stands at 2 hours,
    which is in fact quite the norm.

It gives photographers a little more subjects to shoot, though, beyond a certain point, it becomes detrimental; for example, quoting the situation you have presented "shooting 10 models in 2 hours"

Rest assured that at JayKay, this would not be allowed to happen

Feel free to make any queries, I'd do what i can to clarify any doubts you may have =)

Regards,
    Jay

oops. double post.. i thought it didnt go up

Apologies for failing to state that an additional model would be added if response is good..

But while you may be concerned that we would continuously add models if there are more sign ups, we would keep the limit to 3 models for 2 hours. Apologies for any inconvenience caused as a result..

Regards,
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner86 View Post
    Hi
    Can include me the the standby..

Cheers

hi ! please message me your details to 82330642 or drop us a private message ((: .

Regards,
    kay

Wah wah wah tis is getting hot...

For Virgo:
    I quite understand ur point of view abt the initial T/C but I believe JayKay still has the right to modify part of it to cater for the shooters here...

I believe u won't wan all the organizer to add in "Organizer reserves the right to add/or modify any T/C, at any time, in its sole discretion. In case of any dispute Organizer reserves the right of final decision."

BTW the 3rd model is her debut shoot... give her a chance to the modelling world lar...

PS: I nv joined any JayKay shoots b4 and r not helping/flaming anyone here... juz hope my 2 cents can help u relax abit...

I'm not trying to be difficult here. Just sad that we're all going for quantity. The more the merrier!

Organisers have the right to modify part of the T/C? Seems that there's a need for some guidelines here.

Our time for communication and interaction with each model is lessened because of the good response.

I don't mind paying for another round for the 3rd model's debut shoot, but you know that's not what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiichi View Post
    Wah wah wah tis is getting hot...

For Virgo:
    I quite understand ur point of view abt the initial T/C but I believe JayKay still has the right to modify part of it to cater for the shooters here...

I believe u won't wan all the organizer to add in "Organizer reserves the right to add/or modify any T/C, at any time, in its sole discretion. In case of any dispute Organizer reserves the right of final decision."

BTW the 3rd model is her debut shoot... give her a chance to the modelling world lar...

PS: I nv joined any JayKay shoots b4 and r not helping/flaming anyone here... juz hope my 2 cents can help u relax abit...
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

1. Mansell
    2. Angad
    3. Virgo1
    4. Virgo2
    5. Ishardi
    6. Alvin
    7. Adolphus
    8. Zenten1
    9. Zenten2
    10. Zenten3
    11. Zenten4
    12. Emric

Reserve List

1. Zenten5
    2. Jeff
    3. Stanley1
    4. Stanley2
    5. cyberider

Thanks for the support! (: XOXO !

3rd Model - Cherlyn ( debut shoot )

1. Mansell
    2. Angad
    3. Virgo1
    4. Virgo2
    5. Ishardi
    6. Alvin
    7. Adolphus
    8. Zenten1
    9. Zenten2
    10. Zenten3
    11. Zenten4
    12. Emric

Reserve List

1. Zenten5
    2. Jeff
    3. Stanley1
    4. Stanley2
    5. cyberider
    6. Roadrunner86

3rd Model - Cherlyn ( debut shoot )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    I'm not trying to be difficult here. Just sad that we're all going for quantity. The more the merrier!

Organisers have the right to modify part of the T/C? Seems that there's a need for some guidelines here.

Our time for communication and interaction with each model is lessened because of the good response.

I don't mind paying for another round for the 3rd model's debut shoot, but you know that's not what I mean.
    Bro, we understand where you are coming. I am not advocating quantity over quality all squeezed into 2 hours. However this shoot being on a holiday ..... lets just chill abit and give more of our members a chance to try out the photoshoot and Cherlyn the opportunity to debut here ..............
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Bro, we understand where you are coming. I am not advocating quantity over quality all squeezed into 2 hours. However this shoot being on a holiday ..... lets just chill abit and give more of our members a chance to try out the photoshoot and Cherlyn the opportunity to debut here ..............
    No problems. It's Vesak Day, so I'll say 啊彌陀佛! 哈哈哈...

May everyone here (including myself and my partner) have a good shoot.

But seriously, this issue is something either the organizers or mods here have to look into. We can meet up during the shoot to discuss more about this.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    No problems. It's Vesak Day, so I'll say 啊彌陀佛! 哈哈哈...

May everyone here (including myself and my partner) have a good shoot.

But seriously, this issue is something either the organizers or mods here have to look into. We can meet up during the shoot to discuss more about this.
    Thank you ..................
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

1. Mansell
    2. Angad
    3. Virgo1
    4. Virgo2
    5. Ishardi
    6. Alvin
    7. Adolphus
    8. Zenten1
    9. Zenten2
    10. Zenten3
    11. Zenten4
    12. Wayne

Reserve List

1. Zenten5
    3. Stanley1
    4. Stanley2
    5. cyberider
    6. Roadrunner86

ONE last slot opened out . (: TEXT ME @ 82330642.

Happppy vesak ! Last slot!! Any one? :dddddddddddddddddddddddd

Talking Re: FashionShoot on Fri {28.05.10} with Yifeng & Jiuan @ only $25!

Hi Jaykay
    Thanks for the shoot today.. Enjoy myself very much with the rest of the seniors.
    Thanks. If there is any shoot next time, let me know..

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner86 View Post
    Hi Jaykay
    Thanks for the shoot today.. Enjoy myself very much with the rest of the seniors.
    Thanks. If there is any shoot next time, let me know..

Cheers

Hi ken ! (:

Thanks once again and sincerely apologising for being a little late. xD
    Hope to see you again too!

Regards,
    kay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12