Thread: add on zoom lens

Azmodan
    Guests

Default add on zoom lens

Hi guys and gals,
    I'm really a newbie to this photography thing, recently just bought a nikon coolpix 775(2.0 megapixel) digicam and a Best King tripod, however I realised my 2.5X digital zoom capability of my coolpix 775 isn't really powerful enough for me to do some cool zooming in. So I will like to know whether can I get any add on zoom lens to aid my original 775? Also, what is the brand, model and rough estimation of price I need to pay for around 10X zoom additional... (really hope to push up to 24X) thanks guys...

Nikon has TCs for their line of DCs. See the entry for the TC-E2 and TC-E3 in the manual.

Default Re: add on zoom lens

Originally posted by Azmodan
    Hi guys and gals,
    I'm really a newbie to this photography thing, recently just bought a nikon coolpix 775(2.0 megapixel) digicam and a Best King tripod, however I realised my 2.5X digital zoom capability of my coolpix 775 isn't really powerful enough for me to do some cool zooming in. So I will like to know whether can I get any add on zoom lens to aid my original 775? Also, what is the brand, model and rough estimation of price I need to pay for around 10X zoom additional... (really hope to push up to 24X) thanks guys...
    Not counting the digital zoom...ur Coolpix 775 has only 3x optical zoom.

To push it till 24x (!!!) u'll have to stack TCs on top one another.....no an easy thingie to do though cos some TCs are not threaded in front u may have to find ways to joined them with other TC.

Just my $0.02 worth

Default Re: Re: add on zoom lens

Originally posted by Jayan

Not counting the digital zoom...ur Coolpix 775 has only 3x optical zoom.

To push it till 24x (!!!) u'll have to stack TCs on top one another.....no an easy thingie to do though cos some TCs are not threaded in front u may have to find ways to joined them with other TC.

Just my $0.02 worth
    that means o sy if i have a prolink dc 1316 and wnt to add more zoom lens to my cam, it is kinda troublesome and difficult?

Default Re: Re: Re: add on zoom lens

Originally posted by lefei

that means o sy if i have a prolink dc 1316 and wnt to add more zoom lens to my cam, it is kinda troublesome and difficult?
    Don't think your prolink dc has got lens thread to attach add-on lens.....

Default Re: Re: Re: add on zoom lens

Originally posted by lefei

you probably need to do some major modifications yourself to have more zoom like gluing some step-up rings onto the camera.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: add on zoom lens

Originally posted by Tweek

Don't think your prolink dc has got lens thread to attach add-on lens.....
    Yup! Just went thru the specs for the Prolink DC-1316...don't think there's any way for it to take any attachment or lens w/o some REALLY SERIOUS mods.

Anway for a 1.2MP DC it's not worth the hussle and the $$$ on modding it...my suggstion is to save up some $$$ and go for a full manual DC with add-on lens capability instead.

or get Tweek's Olympus C700UZ, Jayan's Olympus C2100UZ or my Casio QV2900UX 3 digicams under $1000 with >300mm equivalent zoom.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature