Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Where to learn Adobe Photoshop Program?

  1. #1

    Wink Where to learn Adobe Photoshop Program?

    Hi All,

    I would like to learn more about adobe photoshop.
    Do you know where can i take the course?

  2. #2

    Default

    Hmmmm ... similar thread again....

    well check it here ..

    http://sdd.ntuc.org.sg/
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  3. #3

    Default

    Why Don't you pick it up from ur friends??

  4. #4
    Member Pinkishy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Opera Estate
    Posts
    236

    Default

    i went for the ntuc flash course..and almost signed up for the adobe photoshop from NTUC .. however, i have to say that what they teach is the very basic (what you learn from the books).

    If you're looking at doing special effects and all that, i wouldn't reccomend NTUC....

    However, NTUC is the cheapest option out there as other places charge high prices..

    So it really depends on what your objective is - to do simple photo manipulations?

  5. #5

    Default

    i also tot of learning PS too, i tried learning from books ... but i just cannot follow the book ...

  6. #6

    Default

    Basic is the foundation, at least what ntuc offered is cheap and can kick start for you to explore more on PS. You will needs somewhere to start first before you can go deeper rite .... and yes practise will make it perfect.

    What I am afraid is others place which charged a higher price, no doubt they may gives you the best. But at the end it is still up to you to master the skills ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  7. #7

    Default

    photoshop courses can be Xpensive cos they level from beginners to advance. For beginner levels its best to learn from friends or books by Friends of Ed...

    BEST still get this book titled: Down and Dirty Tricks 0f Photoshop 6 or 7 or CS.

    If you can get all three books of each Photoshop Versions, it'll be GREAT.
    Cos Each book have TOTALLY different content, meaning tricks are not repeated!
    Get them at Kinokuniya of BOrders...It's written by Scott Kelby a Photoshop Guru.

    If you want to learn about color management...go to the library and borrow "Photoshop Studio Secrets" This book is very advance.

    For internet resources...I think there's a thread for it somewhere...

  8. #8

    Default

    Seriously, the best way to learn is to commission yourself to do a project in Photoshop, and then learn how to create effects you want either through books, friends or the Internet.

    Most of the power of Photoshop don't really lie in the filters (I seldom use most of them except for the routine Gaussian Blur and Unsharp Mask)...it's really the basic (but powerful) concepts of layers, masks and paths, rulers and guides, canvas size and image size, resolution, file formats, etc. A good understanding of their tools is essential to get things done faster and more effectively.

    Once the basic concepts of PS are mastered, the rest will be a breeze. Learning PS is like learning the whole lingo and culture of photo manipulation, not just a program. The best way to learn is through hands-on experimentation--this was how I picked up PS.

  9. #9

    Default

    Ah Pao...
    That's true....

    You'll have to learn the basic tools and such first before actually exploring....

    I had a hard time starting.. but.. do some projects like wallpaper and namecards...

    it's a good way to start..!!

    I agree it's very costly to do a cost as I used to run courses for $100 an hour for working professional ... and that brought in a tidy income...

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheerz
    I agree it's very costly to do a cost as I used to run courses for $100 an hour for working professional ... and that brought in a tidy income...
    Pssst...any lobang?? Haha...good way to earn some pocket money...looking for something to fill my pockets once I graduate...

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cheerz
    Ah Pao...
    That's true....

    You'll have to learn the basic tools and such first before actually exploring....

    I had a hard time starting.. but.. do some projects like wallpaper and namecards...

    it's a good way to start..!!

    I agree it's very costly to do a cost as I used to run courses for $100 an hour for working professional ... and that brought in a tidy income...
    WOW!!! Got any work lobang or not...me got dip in graphic design. do i qualify to earn extra...please lah...need to earn extra to get a DSLR...

  12. #12

    Default

    Haha.... I tot u're looking to take a course on photoshop!!

    Wah.. attend class in the night and teach what u learn in the day arr??

    Smart!! just kidding


    Quote Originally Posted by khairi
    WOW!!! Got any work lobang or not...me got dip in graphic design. do i qualify to earn extra...please lah...need to earn extra to get a DSLR...

  13. #13

    Default

    I think what i know is quite basic. But is quite enough to make a photo look nicer ... but i thought of learning more so i colour management. Aiya, actually i want to design a wedding invitation card.
    Since some of you have dip in Graphic. Would you like to volunteer to design the card for me ;P

  14. #14

    Default

    Wah... quite smart leh!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Karyinn
    I think what i know is quite basic. But is quite enough to make a photo look nicer ... but i thought of learning more so i colour management. Aiya, actually i want to design a wedding invitation card.
    Since some of you have dip in Graphic. Would you like to volunteer to design the card for me ;P

  15. #15

    Default

    I would like to help you out but how would you like me to help you out?

    The simplest card design is using photos and the right font...but the hardest is GETTING the RIGHT photo and the RIGHT font.

  16. #16

    Red face

    None of my friends know about Adobe Photoshop.
    All the while i learnt from myself. Of course sometimes go to forum and ask expertise ..

    I would like to know, how to make the photos look like have shadow?
    Eg, i would like to put a picture in the middle of the another picture. I want to put shadow at the bottom and left of the pic inorder to make it stand out.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    6,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karyinn
    None of my friends know about Adobe Photoshop.
    All the while i learnt from myself. Of course sometimes go to forum and ask expertise ..

    I would like to know, how to make the photos look like have shadow?
    Eg, i would like to put a picture in the middle of the another picture. I want to put shadow at the bottom and left of the pic inorder to make it stand out.

    U have to add the 2nd photo (the smaller one) as another layer over the 1st. Shadow can be added by editing that layer.

    That's the general how to do... the details I leave to the experts cos I'm also finding my way around the more advanced features.....

  18. #18
    jcryan55
    Guests

    Default

    try www.bits.com.sg
    Their course is very good, tailored to teach u from practical point of view, ie use shortcut than from textbook. Lecturers also very guru in their fields....

  19. #19

    Default

    eh...i can teach you...not a prob..50 per hour... the payment is to make sure you commit.. i can give you a proper guideline on waht to learn....not a prob ...just drop me a line over private message...anyone else interested also can drop me a line...

    i have five years experience in photoshop...from digital manips to effects to even animation with PS...jsut drop me a line if you are interested

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karyinn
    I think what i know is quite basic. But is quite enough to make a photo look nicer ... but i thought of learning more so i colour management. Aiya, actually i want to design a wedding invitation card.
    Since some of you have dip in Graphic. Would you like to volunteer to design the card for me ;P
    hmmm.... designing a card? I would advise using PS in conjunction with freehand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •