Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: damn daring street pg

Default Re: damn daring street pg

I don't really see a point in the flash except that its rather irritating.
    There are so many good street photos done w/o it.

I get a good laugh looking at his style though. So rude and very paparazzi in style (the rude engagements; the don't care in your face so long as I get the shot attitude)

Wow both videos show different style of doing.. But one thing, are they using manual focus? Damn.. they are fast when they took their shot!!! Like within 1 Second, they already taken their shot..

Quote Originally Posted by ranchy View Post
    Wow both videos show different style of doing.. But one thing, are they using manual focus? Damn.. they are fast when they took their shot!!! Like within 1 Second, they already taken their shot..
    david solomons is using a hexar af there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidsolomons/4401018342/

see comments.
    Last edited by night86mare; 23rd May 2010 at 09:15 AM.

bruce gilden uses leica RF, prefocused.

Thank you for sharing; even it has been posted before. To me, it is a question of self belief on what one wants to do. Street photography can come in various forms - and the 2 videos depicted 2 styles. I am sure we have plenty of opportunities to do that in Sgp, in various locations. I have not seen video of this sort of a Sgp photographer followed by a videographer to document his/her work. I wonder whether there is, but that I am not aware of.
    __________________________________________________ _
    http://living-a-good-life.blogspot.com

joel meyerowitz

all this was shared on a thread before, actually, just digging them up.

joe wigfall

he's quite cool, the way he shoots.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75158779@N00/

and in-public...... i wish more people would try to take such shots instead of street portraits.

http://www.in-public.com/

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    david solomons is using a hexar af there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidsolomons/4401018342/

see comments.
    Ah.. ic .. Hexar AF.. What's that..
    Thanks for the info.. ^^

thanks for the video nightmare. been feeling very self conscious about taking people on the streets. guess ill give his method a twirl

Thanks for the info.. ^^
    http://www.cameraquest.com/konhex.htm

i love this small thing.... but i won't buy it just for stealth purpose lah... my 500d also small lah.. haha...

edit:
    oh it is a film camera... it measn $$$$
    it seems that its AF is one of the best... david solomons is shooting while walking...
    Last edited by sfoto100; 23rd May 2010 at 12:10 PM.

Thanks for the info.. ^^
    that's a film P&S camera of sorts. well, not exactly. something like a prosumer film P&S camera. it uses AF.
    Quote Originally Posted by magicianhisoka View Post
    thanks for the video nightmare. been feeling very self conscious about taking people on the streets. guess ill give his method a twirl
    i think the issue here is your mentality. what are you here to capture? why do you have guilt? why should you have guilt? are you doing something wrong? some people use "street photography" as an excuse to shoot random pretty girls on the street, from what i see.. their defense is "it's a public area mar". well, of course no law says that you can't.. sooner or later the law of the street will come crashing down.

if what you are doing is pure, lose your guilt, lose your fear. just shoot. shoot like you aren't shooting people. from my london experience of street shooting, if you don't act guilty, people won't look at you. the exception are people who are extremely camera shy, then those you will be able to judge by body language and expression from a mile away. if you encounter a situation where people are not happy, just explain yourself calmly, and show them the photograph, delete it if needed. shoving laws in others' faces will not help any matters in a heated situation.

that's a film P&S camera of sorts. well, not exactly. something like a prosumer film P&S camera. it uses AF.

i think the issue here is your mentality. what are you here to capture? why do you have guilt? why should you have guilt? are you doing something wrong? some people use "street photography" as an excuse to shoot random pretty girls on the street, from what i see.. their defense is "it's a public area mar". well, of course no law says that you can't.. sooner or later the law of the street will come crashing down.

if what you are doing is pure, lose your guilt, lose your fear. just shoot. shoot like you aren't shooting people. from my london experience of street shooting, if you don't act guilty, people won't look at you. the exception are people who are extremely camera shy, then those you will be able to judge by body language and expression from a mile away. if you encounter a situation where people are not happy, just explain yourself calmly, and show them the photograph, delete it if needed. shoving laws in others' faces will not help any matters in a heated situation.
    yep...esp now got many hum sup old men using mobilephone/camera taking upskirts or outraging xmm's modesty.

Do it in Singapore and risk ur camera being damaged...

if you encounter a situation where people are not happy, just explain yourself calmly, and show them the photograph, delete it if needed.
    What if you're using a film camera?
    incywincyspider climbup the waterspout...

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    What if you're using a film camera?
    then tell him/she u will not develop that pic... haha... one more reason to use film...

haha

Blog Entries

Bruce Gilden's style of photography gets him the results for sure..... Kudos for his bravado but not my cup of tea

But Much rather do it THIS way

Last edited by ed9119; 24th May 2010 at 10:36 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by Will03 View Post
    actually not just in sg.. i m sure if he does tis in alot of countries.. he might get punched too.. so dun be so critical of yur own country guys..
    2nd that... depending on when, where u're and who u're, the outcome could be quite unpredictable in developed or developing countries. I'm pretty sure that you would be brutally assaulted by bogans in Aus if u attempt the same feat, and especially if u r small and asian. I'm also inclined to believe that u would ve the same response fr Singaporeans as Bruce's experience in NY, if u're white and as tank as Arnold. It's human nature for most to confront someone that he or she can handle..and unfortunately, bully.

So don't be critical of your own people. U know the kiasuism that the media portray us as? U should see what happen on boxing day in Melb, once Myers open their door. Some reccee the place, and some hide the desired items at funny places so that they could buy it on discounted price (which is ptless, as most of the items re marked up for X'mas). People queue way before Myers' opening hrs. I can never forget what I saw on the morning TV in 2004's boxing day- the shoppers running over an old woman who tripped over by her walking aid. Not really running over her but running passing her and ignoring the poor lady. A pretty disgusting sight.
    It's good to highlight the bad attributes of ourselves and try to get rid of it to make ourselves more civilised and gracious. One thing that I'm proud of Sgs is that we are able to see atypical behaviour of foreigners as cultural difference and respect them, but for some caucasians (Europeans, Americans - they are more receptive than the rest, and Aussies) that I know - stuffs that u do and they don't are considered as barbaric or primitive. I guess that's highlighted in IP-man2 (probably based on Donnie's and Sammuel's experiences) and the early days of swimming (front crawl was barbaric and breast stroke was the proper stroke, wiki it..pretty interesting). I have come across people telling me that they can't understand how I could eat the "disgusting" squid or calamari, and how can I eat meat with bones in it. Those who share similar experiences probably know which group I'm referring to.

So do give Singaporeans more credits. We are behaving pretty well, even though we could do away with some arrogance, inclinations towards caucasians and discriminating our own people, and we could be more receptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallenphoenix View Post
    2nd that... depending on when, where u're and who u're, the outcome could be quite unpredictable in developed or developing countries. I'm pretty sure that you would be brutally assaulted by bogans in Aus if u attempt the same feat, and especially if u r small and asian. I'm also inclined to believe that u would ve the same response fr Singaporeans as Bruce's experience in NY, if u're white and as tank as Arnold. It's human nature for most to confront someone that he or she can handle..and unfortunately, bully.

So don't be critical of your own people. U know the kiasuism that the media portray us as? U should see what happen on boxing day in Melb, once Myers open their door. Some reccee the place, and some hide the desired items at funny places so that they could buy it on discounted price (which is ptless, as most of the items re marked up for X'mas). People queue way before Myers' opening hrs. I can never forget what I saw on the morning TV in 2004's boxing day- the shoppers running over an old woman who tripped over by her walking aid. Not really running over her but running passing her and ignoring the poor lady. A pretty disgusting sight.
    It's good to highlight the bad attributes of ourselves and try to get rid of it to make ourselves more civilised and gracious. One thing that I'm proud of Sgs is that we are able to see atypical behaviour of foreigners as cultural difference and respect them, but for some caucasians (Europeans, Americans - they are more receptive than the rest, and Aussies) that I know - stuffs that u do and they don't are considered as barbaric or primitive. I guess that's highlighted in IP-man2 (probably based on Donnie's and Sammuel's experiences) and the early days of swimming (front crawl was barbaric and breast stroke was the proper stroke, wiki it..pretty interesting). I have come across people telling me that they can't understand how I could eat the "disgusting" squid or calamari, and how can I eat meat with bones in it. Those who share similar experiences probably know which group I'm referring to.

So do give Singaporeans more credits. We are behaving pretty well, even though we could do away with some arrogance, inclinations towards caucasians and discriminating our own people, and we could be more receptive.
    tks for sharing... insgightful

I feel like i'm getting inspired by bruce gilden. Hmmm.. should i camp orchard road?
    5DMk2,400D,EOS3 50mm F1.4,28-75 F2.8,GRDIII 28mm F1.9
    www.flickr.com/jenson_goh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast