Thread: Color Correcting photos and developing in shops

Default Color Correcting photos and developing in shops

I donít print at home, only develop my photos in shops. I have no idea if the shopís printing is color corrected photos or not. Is there any point in color calibrating my monitor if Singapore photo developing shops are not calibrated? Is there a list of photo developing shops in Singapore which will give color calibrated prints?

2nd question Ė Iím also partially color blind Ė red/green to be exact. Any bros here who are color blind, and do you color correct your photos?

Default Re: Color Correcting photos and developing in shops

Quote Originally Posted by red_ryder View Post
    I donít print at home, only develop my photos in shops. I have no idea if the shopís printing is color corrected photos or not. Is there any point in color calibrating my monitor if Singapore photo developing shops are not calibrated? Is there a list of photo developing shops in Singapore which will give color calibrated prints?

2nd question Ė Iím also partially color blind Ė red/green to be exact. Any bros here who are color blind, and do you color correct your photos?
    It might help if you are able to obtain the ICC profiles of the printers the shop uses. Then you can do soft-proofing in their colour space to preview how the prints will look like.