Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bangkok violence pics - How did camera get so close?

Default Re: Bangkok violence pics - How did camera get so close?

Quote Originally Posted by azzurri View Post
    Yea she is. Think she is based in Thailand.
    yes, she is singaporean.

she was part of the group who did the canon female thing recently.. the seminar. shoots for one of those organisations like reuters. can't remember which one.

In photo 9, I can't help but keep thinking about the red canon stripe around the guy neck. Is he a photographer sneaked into the red shirt or just some iccident which he happens to have the stripe around him?

hi all, i found an site with amazing shots but its sad too...

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...s-bangkok.html

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    closeness comes in more ways than physicality.

if you feel nothing for the subject, if you aren't "close" to your subject, then you won't take good enough pictures - period. just look at the gwc taking pictures of xmm in P&P. they can go as close as they want, but it doesn't make a difference. there is a lack of connection between photographer and subject, and it sticks out like a sore, sore thumb.
    Hey bro.. i dun think it's good to use gwc taking pictures of xmm as an example. I feel that u r looking down on them.

Everyone has their own interest. Shoot XMM doesn't mean they are not good. Please respect others.
    My gallery
    COLORS OF THE WIND

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i really don't think robert capa meant that you had to be close physically when he said what he said. that really doesn't make any sense, when one stops to think about it seriously.
    Agree with what you said.

Amazng stuff. Wonder how many of us will give up the comfort of our lives and be in a war situation for the sake of photography

Quote Originally Posted by DaXiong View Post
    Hey bro.. i dun think it's good to use gwc taking pictures of xmm as an example. I feel that u r looking down on them.

Everyone has their own interest. Shoot XMM doesn't mean they are not good. Please respect others.
    when i talk about gwc taking pictures of xmm, i'm talking about you know, the bunch of photographers who are obviously caring more about after-shot pocket pool than producing pictures.

i'm not saying that anyone and everyone shooting a model is a gwc. when i talk about gwc, i'm talking about that particular BRAND of person who does things like, focus on chest, buy green tea for model, try to chat them up instead of shooting.......

do they deserve to be looked down on? from my point of view... yes, yes, yes. doesn't matter how good they are. i have a mind, and what i think of such people is very clear to me. sooner or later, the wolf will reveal itself.

someone once said that "oh, this photographer can't be a gwc, his pictures are good." i wanted to laugh. i know of a few cases where the photographer is competent, but he has made unbecoming advances towards the model. all this while he is not single. that doesn't mean his pictures are bad because of that, but i know very well what i think of him and what he is doing is *not* correct to me.

any problem with that?
    Last edited by night86mare; 22nd May 2010 at 05:34 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12