Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 97

Thread: Nkorea sank navy ship

  1. #61
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Nkorea sank navy ship

    Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    china has agenda for supporting nk.
    and yet if china's own investigations find other wise? i think that would really be conclusive.

  2. #62

    Default Re: Nkorea sank navy ship

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    and yet if china's own investigations find other wise? i think that would really be conclusive.
    who would you trust?

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jalan Poonpipi
    Posts
    758

    Default Re: Nkorea sank navy ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    in the long run, the North will surrender to the South. Those new young leaders of China will think differently from current old ones, they will be more concerned about economic growth ~ make money etc.. and distanced themselves from NK. NK without support from China will eventually close shop and quit. Free food aid all the time ?? i dun think future leaders of China will like this idea ...
    Communism is more or less dead 20years ago. Either they just crumble and end up in a mess or they gradually transform itself into a market economy, which is essentially capitalism with a more palatable name. Like China and Vietnam.

    The best scenario for NK is to have a coup d'etat and the new general wish to embrace market economy, reform and gradually unite with SK. NK seems to be the last bastion of the cold-war.
    Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......

  4. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jalan Poonpipi
    Posts
    758

    Default Re: Nkorea sank navy ship

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    erm. usually they intercept
    A torpedo or a missile like the famed Frenchie Exocet travels at 1000km/hr towards the enemy warship. Wonder what is the reaction time to intercept, if it is possible........
    Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......

  5. #65
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Nkorea sank navy ship

    Quote Originally Posted by La Fontaine View Post
    A torpedo or a missile like the famed Frenchie Exocet travels at 1000km/hr towards the enemy warship. Wonder what is the reaction time to intercept, if it is possible........
    well. they are gonna build counter to those. for now they use decoys to lure ur missles away. or they could fire another exocet at the incoming excocet i believe there are sensors for this

    well. they are gonna beef up on this aspect after the cheonan incident

    http://www.udt-europe.com/page.cfm/link=62

  6. #66
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Nkorea sank navy ship

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulRussell View Post
    who would you trust?
    i would trust china if they say nkorea did it. if they say no, well... then there would be no ans.

  7. #67
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Nkorea sank navy ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    in the long run, the North will surrender to the South. Those new young leaders of China will think differently from current old ones, they will be more concerned about economic growth ~ make money etc.. and distanced themselves from NK. NK without support from China will eventually close shop and quit. Free food aid all the time ?? i dun think future leaders of China will like this idea ...
    The world of politics is a murky one. China will not support NK without gaining something in return. Read Gunbucker's post on page 1, spelt everything out.

    US have several major bases in SK and JP. If NK will to reunite with SK and align themselves with the US, then China will no longer have a buffer and ally. China will not allow that to happen. They will try to keep NK as long as possible in this type of govt.
    Last edited by afbug; 4th June 2010 at 02:21 AM.

  8. #68

    Default Re: Nkorea sank navy ship

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    The world of politics is a murky one. China will not support NK without gaining something in return. Read Gunbucker's post on page 1, spelt everything out.
    beside NK, china also very good friend with iraq. coincidently, these 2 friends are very into nuclear science.

  9. #69
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Nkorea sank navy ship

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    The world of politics is a murky one. China will not support NK without gaining something in return. Read Gunbucker's post on page 1, spelt everything out.

    US have several major bases in SK and JP. If NK will to reunite with SK and align themselves with the US, then China will no longer have a buffer and ally. China will not allow that to happen. They will try to keep NK as long as possible in this type of govt.
    yet going against the whole world and being possibly viewed as condoning the actions of nkorea would mean certain death to them, especially when they said it themselves: we will not condone any actions that will disrupt the peace in the region and will take actions necessary. after their investigations

  10. #70

    Default Re: Nkorea sank navy ship

    NK have no oil wells. so there will be no war

  11. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Nkorea sank navy ship

    Say, you stand in the open and saw a man pointing a M16 at you.

    You can see him doesn't mean that you can stop him..


    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    You mean the South Korean warship has no sonar at all to detect submarines in the area?
    What kind of warship is that.
    Even our puny little sea craft has got sonar.

  12. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Nkorea sank navy ship

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    i would trust china if they say nkorea did it. if they say no, well... then there would be no ans.
    what if NK really did it? what will the reaction of the people of SK especially the victim's family? would they want revenge? would they want an apology from NK? would they want an eye for an eye?

    if it's proven that it's an act of aggression from NK... people would cry for blood.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

  13. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Nkorea sank navy ship

    There are anti-missile defense systems that can fire 6,000 rounds per minute


    Quote Originally Posted by La Fontaine View Post
    A torpedo or a missile like the famed Frenchie Exocet travels at 1000km/hr towards the enemy warship. Wonder what is the reaction time to intercept, if it is possible........

  14. #74
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Nkorea sank navy ship

    Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    what if NK really did it? what will the reaction of the people of SK especially the victim's family? would they want revenge? would they want an apology from NK? would they want an eye for an eye?

    if it's proven that it's an act of aggression from NK... people would cry for blood.
    and i believe the crucial point would be

    if it's proven that it's an act of aggression from NK... people would cry for blood.

    so far its the whole world except for china who hasnt come to her decision.
    if even the closest ally of nkorea said its their fault, good for everyone.

    if they dun, this issue wont be resolved anytime soon.

    either way, a war near china's borders will not be benificial to any asian country. china will come to a decision soon

  15. #75
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Nkorea sank navy ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    There are anti-missile defense systems that can fire 6,000 rounds per minute
    providing it hits

  16. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Nkorea sank navy ship

    As I mentioned, it's a anti-missile defense system, and not just a "gun".

    Those systems are equipped with radar that is design to track missiles.

    There are also anti-missile missile systems, like the barak.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phalanx_CIWS
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barak_(missile)

    Some error with the rate of fire.. it's 4,500, not 6,000 as mentioned earlier.


    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    providing it hits

  17. #77
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Nkorea sank navy ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    As I mentioned, it's a anti-missile defense system, and not just a "gun".

    Those systems are equipped with radar that is design to track missiles.

    There are also anti-missile missile systems, like the barak.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phalanx_CIWS
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barak_(missile)

    Some error with the rate of fire.. it's 4,500, not 6,000 as mentioned earlier.
    hmm. but there is a difference between what we are discussing i think.

    torpedos vs missles.

    torpedos are under water missles
    missles are up abv water
    whiel ur rate of fire is 4500, thats abv water where its easy to manouver, as compared to perhaps a submarine. i believe what we discussing now is anti torpedo
    correct me if i'm wrong, but ur anti missles, aka abv water one, wont work against torpedos i think

  18. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Nkorea sank navy ship

    Quote Originally Posted by La Fontaine View Post
    A torpedo or a missile like the famed Frenchie Exocet travels at 1000km/hr towards the enemy warship. Wonder what is the reaction time to intercept, if it is possible........
    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    hmm. but there is a difference between what we are discussing i think.
    The post was referring to missiles. Exocet is airborne missile.
    Last edited by Limsgp; 4th June 2010 at 02:21 PM.

  19. #79
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Nkorea sank navy ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    The post was referring to missiles. Exocet is airborne missile.
    ah good good. i googled and i thoguht exocet was a torpedo

  20. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Nkorea sank navy ship

    Doesn't behave like one leh....



    picture taken from Wiki.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exocet

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    ah good good. i googled and i thoguht exocet was a torpedo

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •