Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 49121314

Thread: Review of Sony Alpha NEX-5

Default Re: ClubSNAP Review by ed9119 - Sony Alpha NEX-5

This is an awesome hands-on review for NEX. Originally wanted to get a FF 5DMII but decided to wait for the '5DMIII' (if that ever gets out) So now considering between NEX 5 or the M4/3 cameras... seems like the NEX really tops the choice for everyday photography..

Now just wondering if my converted M-mount Canon f0.95 lens can fit that tiny body with the M-mount adapter... hope the handling wont be weird and I can still use the lens.

Default Re: ClubSNAP Review - Sony Alpha NEX-5

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    the panoramic shot mode is a very nice function and fast to use...... it auto stitches the whole series of series taken
    I love this function........ with a left-to-right sweep of a scene you want captured, you get a default Ultra Wide Angle perspective....... I estimate a 120degree or more sweep if you sweep it quick enough

Image 23 got a guy's face got cut off le... but it's a nice little almighty however

Default Re: Review of Sony Alpha NEX-5

Hello!
    I'm looking to get a Nex5 soon. Can I ask any NEX owner if the Silver color camera is prone to scratches and tarnish easily?

I saw a display set in Sony store and the grip already was kind of worn off. So I'm curious about the durability.

Thanks!

I was looking for a compact 4/3-camera. I think the Nex 5 would fit my needs, but on youtube, I came accross some movies with a terrible sound quality, recorded from concerts. Besides the sound quality, the Nex would be perfect for me. I really like the size, the moveable lcd and the panoramic shots

Quote Originally Posted by mr pina View Post
    I was looking for a compact 4/3-camera. I think the Nex 5 would fit my needs, but on youtube, I came accross some movies with a terrible sound quality, recorded from concerts. Besides the sound quality, the Nex would be perfect for me. I really like the size, the moveable lcd and the panoramic shots
    Concerts with their super-loud sound cause issues for the built-in microphones in basically ANY camera. I suggest finding more "real life" movie examples. You'll find the silent AF lenses of the NEX are perfect for video.

FYI, the NEX is NOT a 4/3 or m4/3 camera.
    Alpha

Question Re: Review of Sony Alpha NEX-5

can the lens (both kit lens that comes with the camera) be used for macro shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahkat View Post
    can the lens (both kit lens that comes with the camera) be used for macro shooting?
    you can shoot insects with them, but if you really want the real macro effect.. you need macro lenses.

you can always use the mount adapter to mount A-mount Macro lenses to do macro photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahkat View Post
    If I remember correctly the filter thread is 49mm for the 18-55mm Kit Lens.

You'll need the following to shoot macro:

1. Step-up ring 49mm to 55mm ---- $8

2. Raynox Macro Lens ------$120

You can't use the 18mm because there'll be serious vignetting.
    Last edited by Diavonex; 16th March 2011 at 09:26 PM.

A cheap alternative is to use a +4 or +10 HOYA Close-up Lens for both your kit lenses. It'll cost you $25 and $86 respectively.

Last edited by Diavonex; 14th January 2011 at 07:48 PM.

thanks for the info.

Anyone knows where I can get a Square holder with nd grad filter for the kit lens?

Sony Nex5 with zeiss lens 50mm F2 http://www.flickr.com/photos/6010749...n/photostream/

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 49121314