Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 272

Thread: Review of Sony Alpha NEX-5

  1. #201

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Review by ed9119 - Sony Alpha NEX-5

    Its available at all SonyStyle shops since 9th June.

  2. #202

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Review by ed9119 - Sony Alpha NEX-5

    Hello, just got a nex 5 to replace my LX3!

    Got a question, using the 16mm f/2.8 lens, i cant do close up shots. When i get quite close to a odject, it will just be blur. Unlike my LX3 which i can focus until quite close. Did i miss out anything??

  3. #203
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Review by ed9119 - Sony Alpha NEX-5

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok95 View Post
    Hello, just got a nex 5 to replace my LX3!

    Got a question, using the 16mm f/2.8 lens, i cant do close up shots. When i get quite close to a odject, it will just be blur. Unlike my LX3 which i can focus until quite close. Did i miss out anything??
    Scene modes>Macro

    Try setting to Continuous AF and move your camera forward and back; it should focus automatically without pressing the shutter.

    You may have exceeded the minimum focusing distance.

    Note: The above is based on my experience with my 4 Sony cameras.
    Last edited by Diavonex; 29th June 2010 at 09:47 PM.

  4. #204

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Review by ed9119 - Sony Alpha NEX-5

    Quote Originally Posted by Diavonex View Post
    Scene modes>Macro

    OIC!!! Thanks! ~ haha

  5. #205

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Review by ed9119 - Sony Alpha NEX-5

    Quote Originally Posted by Diavonex View Post
    Scene modes>Macro
    Hmm...i tried.. i still got the same blur

    Same object and same distance... my LX3 can focus and my Nex 5 cant.

  6. #206
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Review by ed9119 - Sony Alpha NEX-5

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok95 View Post
    Hmm...i tried.. i still got the same blur

    Same object and same distance... my LX3 can focus and my Nex 5 cant.
    Suggest you check the specification of the NEX5 and read up on Macro.

    Fastest is to check the Index.

  7. #207

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Review by ed9119 - Sony Alpha NEX-5

    Quote Originally Posted by Diavonex View Post
    Suggest you check the specification of the NEX5 and read up on Macro.

    Fastest is to check the Index.
    Sir, thanks! I finally get what u mean. =)

    Thanks very much!!!
    Last edited by ragnarok95; 29th June 2010 at 10:52 PM.

  8. #208

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Review by ed9119 - Sony Alpha NEX-5

    Nope you are not. the NEX5 has a much much bigger sensor than your LX3, which is great for better overall IQ for a given ISO and better low light sensitivity, however you can no longer take advantage of super close macro shots w/o using a dedicated macro lens.

    The reason is explained easiest in Wikipedia.. Sorry this is the easiest explanation I could find for you:
    "Compact digital cameras and small-sensor bridge cameras have an incidental advantage in macro photography due to their inherently higher working distance. For instance, some popular bridge cameras produce the equivalent magnification of a 420 mm lens on 35-mm format but only use a lens of actual focal length 89 mm (1/1.8″-type CCD) or 72 mm (1/2.5″-type CCD). (See crop factor.) Since depth of field appears to decrease with the actual focal length of the lens, not the equivalent focal length, these bridge cameras can achieve the magnification of a 420 mm lens with the greater depth of field of a much shorter lens. High-quality auxiliary close-up lenses can be used to achieve the needed close focus; they function identically to reading glasses. This effect makes it possible to achieve very high quality macrophotographs with relatively inexpensive equipment, since auxiliary closeup lenses are cheaper than dedicated SLR macro lenses."

    What you can do if you are keen on doing some limited close up shots is to invest in a good close up filter for your lens to get a little 'closer' to your macro subject. If you want to dwelve more into macro photography, you could get the A-mount adapter and the Sony 35/2.8 Macro lens.

  9. #209

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Review by ed9119 - Sony Alpha NEX-5

    Thanks Rurouni!! Very helpful indeed...

    Keep looking at Diavonex replies and it finally strike me...my lens ain't marco!

  10. #210

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Review by ed9119 - Sony Alpha NEX-5

    No probs, I think the NEX series will see a lot more people get into photography as a whole so good to help each other along

  11. #211
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Review by ed9119 - Sony Alpha NEX-5

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok95 View Post
    Thanks Rurouni!! Very helpful indeed...

    Keep looking at Diavonex replies and it finally strike me...my lens ain't marco!
    I thought I saw Macro in the Scene Selection of the NEX5.

  12. #212

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Review by ed9119 - Sony Alpha NEX-5

    Quote Originally Posted by Diavonex View Post
    I thought I saw Macro in the Scene Selection of the NEX5.
    Selected bro. Think becos my len isnt for macro, thats why i couldn't do it.

  13. #213
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Review by ed9119 - Sony Alpha NEX-5

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok95 View Post
    Selected bro. Think becos my len isnt for macro, thats why i couldn't do it.
    Sorry for sending you round the bend.

  14. #214

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Review by ed9119 - Sony Alpha NEX-5

    Quote Originally Posted by Diavonex View Post
    Scene modes>Macro

    Try setting to Continuous AF and move your camera forward and back; it should focus automatically without pressing the shutter.

    You may have exceeded the minimum focusing distance.

    Note: The above is based on my experience with my 4 Sony cameras.
    Newbie here hehe

    Diavonex, the spec indicate 0.25m so that 25cm min focus distance?

    Sorry, im obviously bad in maths as well

  15. #215

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Review by ed9119 - Sony Alpha NEX-5

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok95 View Post
    Selected bro. Think becos my len isnt for macro, thats why i couldn't do it.
    yup..it's more for wide-angle. shooting at 24mm because of 1.5x crop factor.. quite good for landscapes~

  16. #216

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Review by ed9119 - Sony Alpha NEX-5

    Quote Originally Posted by jemtan22 View Post
    Newbie here hehe

    Diavonex, the spec indicate 0.25m so that 25cm min focus distance?

    Sorry, im obviously bad in maths as well
    Yup, correct. 25cm from the sensor plane, not the tip of the lens.
    Alpha

  17. #217

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Review by ed9119 - Sony Alpha NEX-5

    Just comparing pics from my nex and from my canon 7d and it does appear to me that the nex high iso at 1600 onwards is better than the 7d. I may be wrong that my perception.

  18. #218

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Review by ed9119 - Sony Alpha NEX-5

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Yup, correct. 25cm from the sensor plane, not the tip of the lens.
    Thanks Rashkae for pointing tat out, i would have measure from tip of lens

  19. #219

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Review by ed9119 - Sony Alpha NEX-5

    Quote Originally Posted by photomeme View Post
    Just comparing pics from my nex and from my canon 7d and it does appear to me that the nex high iso at 1600 onwards is better than the 7d. I may be wrong that my perception.
    my uncle(70plus) sold away his canon 7D after shooting side by side with the nex at night nope dun be mistaken it due to iq but mainly for the weight and the ability of the nex 5 to hold the high iso

    depreview had thread by this guy pandalee who also comment the same
    Last edited by eow; 30th June 2010 at 12:17 PM.
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

  20. #220

    Default Re: ClubSNAP Review by ed9119 - Sony Alpha NEX-5

    Quote Originally Posted by s2s1 View Post
    I think I am one of the 1st batch to buy this camera. Share you my experience.

    I am using A mode 90%, because the iAuto tends to over expose +0.3EV. So I always keep my A mode with -0.3ev (using multi-exposure metering).
    To change the Exposure compensation is only one button pressed.

    I use Flexible focus mode and turn off the "shooting help". So the Help button is replace by focus point button. Also one button to access focus point setting.

    The only trouble I found is to change the ISO. If use auto, I think (not confirm) it allows from iso200 to iso800 only, which is not sensitive enough indoor. So I need to set iso1600 or higher by going into Menu->Brightness->ISO->(choose ISO). This is the long sequence which I think Sony should improve.
    I am happy if they allow us to configure highest usable auto ISO in setup. Coz I definitely will set to ISO6400 and it solves all problem.
    Thanks, S2S1, for the suggestion of configured the two buttons for useful "short-cut" buttons....

    Definitely, i will get NEX5 soon, coz i can't resist it anymore (want to keep away my old FujiFilm digital camera) ...

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •