Thread: decay

Default decay

finally took my cam out for a lil walk at the beach.

Hi Isomers,

I like the colours and the composition, but I don't think that as a photography that you should insert the title into your piece, unless you're doing some kind of typographical art where the words play an integral role in the picture. In this case, it doesn't seem like it. Anyway, this doesn't really look like 'decay' in the normal sense of the word. What is it that is decaying/decayed? Is the the marshland erroding away because of rubbish? In this case, maybe a better title would be 'Spoilt' or something akin to that? Or if you're just highlighting the rubbish in the foreground, then that's not decaying either, since they mainly look inorganic.

That's just fresh seaweed growing off the beach at pasir ris, u cant fool no one. ive picked crabs, shrimps, fish, mussels and even an octopus amongst the greens.

Quote Originally Posted by Gui
    That's just fresh seaweed growing off the beach at pasir ris, u cant fool no one. ive picked crabs, shrimps, fish, mussels and even an octopus amongst the greens.
    errm...didnt mean to fool anione cos i wrote dat dis was taken at the beach and yep, dats fresh seaweed. and my mistake was not to show the foreground where there're more rubbish...which shows a bit of decaying in my own definition...something which is diff from a state of normality. dats all im trying to portray here. but thx for the comments guys. perhaps the title is a bit inappropriate.