Thread: Choice of flash: 270EX or Di466?

Default Choice of flash: 270EX or Di466?

Is looking for a relatively small flash for travel and general use. OP recommended the Di466 as an alternative to the 270EX. Google and forum search here didn't turn up much useful comparison between the two from end user pov.

Is the Nissin Di466 hands down better than the 270EX? The obvious downside I could find so far is that the former needs 4 batteries whereas 270EX just needs 2. Any other things/features that the 270EX could do/look out for where the Di466 couldn't?

Just wanna know in case of any gotchas, sorta like the 30sec standby timer on Di622 which is irritating for off-camera use. Thanks!

Default Re: Choice of flash: 270EX or Di466?

Quote Originally Posted by CamInit View Post
    Is looking for a relatively small flash for travel and general use. OP recommended the Di466 as an alternative to the 270EX. Google and forum search here didn't turn up much useful comparison between the two from end user pov.

Is the Nissin Di466 hands down better than the 270EX? The obvious downside I could find so far is that the former needs 4 batteries whereas 270EX just needs 2. Any other things/features that the 270EX could do/look out for where the Di466 couldn't?

Just wanna know in case of any gotchas, sorta like the 30sec standby timer on Di622 which is irritating for off-camera use. Thanks!
    I was looking for a simple compact external flash unit and was comparing 270EX and DI466 also. Although I like 270EX for it's size but DI466's specs is better. DI466 also comes with built-in reflector and diffuser(for shooting at 18mm). The price is around 160 and it is cheaper than the 270EX. In the end , I bought Nissin DI466 . It looks just nice on my 550D( same height as my 550D). I am glad I got it. Nissin DI466 just give more bang for the buck.
    Canon , Pansonic
    flickr

is it possible that i intro u something that is even more worth it? at more more worth the pirce that u r paying for? i think i'll leave u a msg ^^

Quote Originally Posted by kenny888 View Post
    is it possible that i intro u something that is even more worth it? at more more worth the pirce that u r paying for? i think i'll leave u a msg ^^
    PM replied.

Quote Originally Posted by CamInit View Post

did you really search?

here is one review I found. Just take the SB-400 as a guide (since 270ex is similar range with it)