Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: iPad Challenger! Tounchpad

Default Re: iPad Challenger! Tounchpad

erm... all these home-grown china branded stuff... will have lead poisoning or not?
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

another iPad killer wannabe ... the DELL Streak

The gadget has a 5-inch WVGA capacitative multi-touch screen and runs on the Android 1.6 operating system. A 1GHz Snapdragon processor from Qualcomm placed inside the device powers its operations and the 2GB internal memory stores apps from the Android Market and other data. The memory can also be expanded externally up to 32 GB on the device through the microSD card slot. It features a customized user interface and has a 5 megapixel camera in the back and a VGA camera in the front. A 1530 mAh battery is also part of this gadget that is equipped with 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. The device also features Google Maps with functions for turn-by-turn navigation.

Full story here>>>>

http://www.devicemag.com/2010/05/25/...in-early-june/

It comes with 5", 7" and 10" too!

http://www.devicemag.com/2010/04/16/...ing-this-june/
    Last edited by Canonised; 26th May 2010 at 11:40 AM.
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    another iPad killer wannabe ... the DELL Streak

The gadget has a 5-inch WVGA capacitative multi-touch screen and runs on the Android 1.6 operating system. A 1GHz Snapdragon processor from Qualcomm placed inside the device powers its operations and the 2GB internal memory stores apps from the Android Market and other data. The memory can also be expanded externally up to 32 GB on the device through the microSD card slot. It features a customized user interface and has a 5 megapixel camera in the back and a VGA camera in the front. A 1530 mAh battery is also part of this gadget that is equipped with 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. The device also features Google Maps with functions for turn-by-turn navigation.

Full story here>>>>

http://www.devicemag.com/2010/05/25/...in-early-june/
    this does look like a more solid competitor.

I'm banking on the likes of HP and Dell to release their versiona... They are a lot more "mature" in terms of their designing skills... I hope they do not try to go TOO fancy with the designs like Touchpad did... a handle???? That's, as some has put it, fugly!!! We're not going to treat it like a HANDBAG, for gawd sakes!!! Screen interface design is important as well, don't overkill it!
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 26th May 2010 at 12:11 PM.

Competition is good!
    When HP, Dell, Sony, and the rest of the big players come in, Apple has to listen to the consumers
    I think iPad ver 3 would be perfect!
    always the Light, .... always.

3+hr batt life is not good enough. At least need 5-6hr to have some assurance in batt life when outside (cafe, park, etc)

I don't think it will be a success here. Support (both HW and SW) is questionable. At least its a Window OS though and not some self thought up OS. Don't want to end up cursing everytime I use it.

My wife just changed to a Samsung phone and I've been cursing the damn PC Studio interface. So many versions, all not compatible with legacy phones (1yr old ones). Poor sms interface (sending from the PC). Unclear instructions to installing Phone internet interface (and need to remove and re-install if you left it out). And many more...
    A total failure in interface layout and thinking

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    3+hr batt life is not good enough. At least need 5-6hr to have some assurance in batt life when outside (cafe, park, etc)

I don't think it will be a success here. Support (both HW and SW) is questionable. At least its a Window OS though and not some self thought up OS. Don't want to end up cursing everytime I use it.

My wife just changed to a Samsung phone and I've been cursing the damn PC Studio interface. So many versions, all not compatible with legacy phones (1yr old ones). Poor sms interface (sending from the PC). Unclear instructions to installing Phone internet interface (and need to remove and re-install if you left it out). And many more...
    A total failure in interface layout and thinking
    So Samsung HP sucks? Personally, I prefer Sony Ericsson's interface (simple and large enough icons, not too fine and easy on the eyes)

Competition is good!
    When HP, Dell, Sony, and the rest of the big players come in, Apple has to listen to the consumers
    yes, competition is certainly good. And yes, ipad probably needs a few versions... i.e. so you can eventually print from them out of the box.

sometimes i wonder why these mobile phone manufacturers bother to come out with so many different models when basic issues like friendly interface, user experience, etc can't even be addressed properly. you can't win followers over with different designs every 6 months or so.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Competition is good!
    http://gizmodo.com/5549053/olpc-xo+3...yed-by-marvell

see the first picture!

will iPad 3rd gen be like this?
    Canon 7D with 15-85mm

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    So Samsung HP sucks? Personally, I prefer Sony Ericsson's interface (simple and large enough icons, not too fine and easy on the eyes)
    HP still ok..
    Its the PC interface that they provide that sucks big time.

I had an LG phone a few years back. Can't remember model. Now that really sucked. Keytone volume is tied with ring tone volume

new challenger in the market! the iPed
    http://chinagrabber.com/buy-m70003-m...ad-m70003.aspx

Screen 7" high-definition LED screen
    CPU VIA 8505
    Operating System Andriod
    Main Frequency

300MHZ
    Memory 128MB RAM

NANAD Flash
    1GB(2GB,4GB)

Screen Size
    7"panel
    Resolution

Pixel 800*480
    WIFI

Support 2.4GHZ 802.11b/g
    USB Port

1*MINI 5PIN USB PORT
    Storage

Standard SD upgrade port, can be upgraded to 16GB.
    Video

support video
    Work Time

2.5HRS
    eat. drink. shoot

Touchpad prices has been drastically dropped in the US.

http://thisismynext.com/2011/08/19/h...apping-buy-99/

Anyone here who knows if HP Singapore will follow?

the only reason why hp is dropping the price is because its going to exit the hardware business and kill the webos. cheap with no support

Quote Originally Posted by Kenr1ck
    cheap with no support
    Yup, but if you only need a Tablet for browsing the web, email (+calendar), watching movies, skype and ebook reading. This tablet is perfect (if less than $200).

For its current price ($ 599.00) I'll get an iconia

Quote Originally Posted by Kenr1ck View Post
    cheap with no support
    Just wait till Android gets ported over.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 22nd August 2011 at 08:12 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

MacBook - less virus (Zero for me after 3 years) less up dates compared to WIN, less crushes n hang, Amazing speed, good battery life....etc
    ipod - still the No.1 after so many years !!!
    iphone - Not perfect but still good enough to Out sell all their competitors.
    ipad - The leader of all pads !!! Good things comes in bits and pieces, its just marketing strategy. Maybe thats why they lead in all the above products, not all goodies in one but upgrade models every year or 2 and it works for them.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

To me apple is the trend setter, and their persistent to against the odd that matter. The rest are just trend follower, copy cat and trying to be jack of all trades.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123