Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 250

Thread: Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

  1. #121
    Member dingaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore | East
    Posts
    1,950

    Default Re: Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

    How to get there?

    You can drive there, as there will be ample parking.

    You can take public transport. If you are taking MRT/bus, please click
    here for the Marina Barrage's page on how to get there
    on public transport.

    I don't drive, and as such, will be taking the public transport, specifically by taxi.

    -------------------------------------

    After the shoot, maybe we can all have dinner @ Lau Pa Sat, as one of our members
    is Vegetarian. Hope everyone can join the after-shoot-dinner for TCSS and critique of photos.

    -------------------------------------

    Will PM everyone as the date gets nearer with complete detailed information regarding the outing
    on Sunday!

    Cheers!
    Last edited by dingaroo; 2nd June 2010 at 03:07 AM.
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

  2. #122

    Smile Re: Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

    Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Seniors
    1. Jacobs
    2. daredevil123
    3. -empty- <---
    4. -empty- <---
    5. -empty- <---
    6. -empty- <---

    Newbies
    1. Sheaffey
    2. Scubagolfer & Mrs Scubagolfer
    3. songws
    4. Dleugene & Mrs Dleugene
    5. Boyette & Mrs Boyette
    6. 230j31 (Roger)
    7. wuminlee
    8. Nataru (Kimmura)
    9. loya48
    10. adheeth
    11. FibonJemer
    12. vynus (Pei Lin)
    13. Chilli Crab
    14. Prelix
    15. icefox23
    16. winkoo88
    17. ENDorphins
    18. musichelle
    19. musichelle's friend
    20. romel dutta

    Independent Shooters
    1. Megatops
    2. dacteo (David)
    3. Joshua Tan
    4. kenny888
    5. vee5
    6. urban93
    7. hlyeoh
    ---------FULL, NOT TAKING IN ANYMORE----------
    4 more days to go!
    But CS senior have fill up the slot? ZCA? FRANK?...........
    Canon|Tamron|Gitzo|Manfrotto|Benro|B+W|Hoya|LCW|LEE|HiT ech|Cokin|TianYa

  3. #123

    Default Re: Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

    Hi... Am a newbie just starting out... Is there still a slot for me? I am interested...

  4. #124
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

    Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    Hi... Am a newbie just starting out... Is there still a slot for me? I am interested...
    Can't you see that the post above yours states that slots for newbies are full?Please OPEN your eyes lah.....

  5. #125
    Member dingaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore | East
    Posts
    1,950

    Default Re: Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Can't you see that the post above yours states that slots for newbies are full?Please OPEN your eyes lah.....
    Come on cleonbus, let's not be nasty. They are just eager to use their new fangled image capturing device, so they are very keen to join. Remember you were a little newbie before ... wait, you are still little but not so newbie .. hehehehehe.

    Cheers!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

  6. #126
    Member dingaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore | East
    Posts
    1,950

    Default Re: Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

    Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    Hi... Am a newbie just starting out... Is there still a slot for me? I am interested...
    Hi Judas,

    Sadly, there are presently no more slots. Unless someone drops out, there are others ahead of you who are on reserve list.

    Do look out for other outings and future ones too! Don't be disheartened! Cleonbus will organize more outings I'm sure

    Cheers
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

  7. #127
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

    Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Hi Judas,

    Sadly, there are presently no more slots. Unless someone drops out, there are others ahead of you who are on reserve list.

    Do look out for other outings and future ones too! Don't be disheartened! Cleonbus will organize more outings I'm sure

    Cheers
    Next one is to Dingaroo's house

    Jokes aside,planning my next one on a Fri night

  8. #128
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

    Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Come on cleonbus, let's not be nasty. They are just eager to use their new fangled image capturing device, so they are very keen to join. Remember you were a little newbie before ... wait, you are still little but not so newbie .. hehehehehe.

    Cheers!
    Newbie?See the join date and post count....Nov 2007 and 152 posts leh.How can be newbie?

  9. #129

    Default Re: Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

    I joined this forum quite some time ago... But just started shooting seriously recently... Would like to learn how to use my camera more effectively from all the seniors here...

  10. #130

    Default Re: Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Newbie?See the join date and post count....Nov 2007 and 152 posts leh.How can be newbie?
    so does that mean the most post counts and the longer you join the forum means you are pro? that means you are very professional? since you joined in 2006 and have over 2k posts? may i know if you are professional photographer? it must be so since you are organizing newbie outings for people with low post count...

    I feel very sad that i come with a open heart to learn how to shoot landscape photos and yet i get so rudely turned down by a organizer whom i had every intention of joining his outings so that i can learn more... sigh... it is sad

  11. #131
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

    Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    so does that mean the most post counts and the longer you join the forum means you are pro? that means you are very professional? since you joined in 2006 and have over 2k posts? may i know if you are professional photographer? it must be so since you are organizing newbie outings for people with low post count...

    I feel very sad that i come with a open heart to learn how to shoot landscape photos and yet i get so rudely turned down by a organizer whom i had every intention of joining his outings so that i can learn more... sigh... it is sad
    Maybe?Guess guess only mah.If you dun wan join my outings if also fine with me.....
    Last edited by cleonbus; 2nd June 2010 at 07:04 PM.

  12. #132

    Default Re: Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Can't you see that the post above yours states that slots for newbies are full?Please OPEN your eyes lah.....
    i just asked a harmless question and you answered me like this... do you think its right?

  13. #133
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

    Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    i just asked a harmless question and you answered me like this... do you think its right?
    Don't wanna quarrel with you anymore.....

  14. #134

    Default Re: Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Don't wanna quarrel with you anymore.....
    haha... you took it as a quarrel? so serious... i took it as a discussion only... why so serious... thanks for the few posts to that i will look for 'pro' to my peers...
    Last edited by Judas; 2nd June 2010 at 07:20 PM.

  15. #135

    Default Re: Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

    hey lets all cool this..

    seriously.. is there a better way to organise such shoots? i pose this qn b4 in another thread but no one replied

    is there a function where members can just put down their name in the first page or something like that? or click their attendance, yes or no, and a summary comes out?
    there has been so many threads and pages, and then everyone has to scroll through, all the misunderstandings on adding wrongly etc..
    does some moderators or IT person from CS know how to do this or do some improvements?

    I know some groups have a facebook group. hence all who are interested will go into FB and click their attendance. although not everyone hve a FB account lah...

    these are just my thots..

  16. #136

    Default Re: Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

    Quote Originally Posted by dacteo View Post
    hey lets all cool this..

    seriously.. is there a better way to organise such shoots? i pose this qn b4 in another thread but no one replied

    is there a function where members can just put down their name in the first page or something like that? or click their attendance, yes or no, and a summary comes out?
    there has been so many threads and pages, and then everyone has to scroll through, all the misunderstandings on adding wrongly etc..
    does some moderators or IT person from CS know how to do this or do some improvements?

    I know some groups have a facebook group. hence all who are interested will go into FB and click their attendance. although not everyone hve a FB account lah...

    these are just my thots..
    it is up to the TS to be dilligent and update the first page, that's my experience from another forum which organizes outings...

  17. #137
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

    Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    it is up to the TS to be dilligent and update the first page, that's my experience from another forum which organizes outings...
    I think none of the CS outing organizers does updating of the 1st page

  18. #138

    Default Re: Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    I think none of the CS outing organizers does updating of the 1st page
    so must it remain a norm?

  19. #139
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

    Quote Originally Posted by dacteo View Post
    hey lets all cool this..

    seriously.. is there a better way to organise such shoots? i pose this qn b4 in another thread but no one replied

    is there a function where members can just put down their name in the first page or something like that? or click their attendance, yes or no, and a summary comes out?
    there has been so many threads and pages, and then everyone has to scroll through, all the misunderstandings on adding wrongly etc..
    does some moderators or IT person from CS know how to do this or do some improvements?

    I know some groups have a facebook group. hence all who are interested will go into FB and click their attendance. although not everyone hve a FB account lah...

    these are just my thots..
    Your suggestion is too advanced already.Or how about those who wants to join should PM the organizer their contact and the organizer him/herself update the thread?

  20. #140
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Newbies Outing (part 10) - June 6 Sunday, Marina Barrage

    Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    so must it remain a norm?
    Maybe?If you think the other forum that you mentioned has better organizing 'skills',then why come here?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •