Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Nikon D5K Fps

  1. #1

    Default Nikon D5K Fps

    Hi everyone.. would be nice if you guys can ans some of my question about my D5k Fps..
    as i knw there's firmware build in all DSLR.. and i saw this guy who had a nikon D200 with 10 fps.. he's firmware been hack? o.O
    And why do i see other D5k users who can have continues shot without buffering?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Nikon D5K Fps

    Continuous Mode + very fast memory card.

    for the D200, its more on how fast the buffer works.
    Last edited by Reportage; 18th May 2010 at 01:26 PM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Nikon D5K Fps

    buying a high speed memory card helps.
    Multiply Blog :chuckybassy.multiply.com
    Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/chuckybassy/

  4. #4
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: Nikon D5K Fps

    Quote Originally Posted by TooTyPooPy View Post
    Hi everyone.. would be nice if you guys can ans some of my question about my D5k Fps..
    as i knw there's firmware build in all DSLR.. and i saw this guy who had a nikon D200 with 10 fps.. he's firmware been hack? o.O
    And why do i see other D5k users who can have continues shot without buffering?
    Reduce the image size, like normal jpeg setting. Try & see if it works
    Take the shot!

  5. #5
    Member NeTHaCk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    786

    Default Re: Nikon D5K Fps

    Quote Originally Posted by TooTyPooPy View Post
    Hi everyone.. would be nice if you guys can ans some of my question about my D5k Fps..
    as i knw there's firmware build in all DSLR.. and i saw this guy who had a nikon D200 with 10 fps.. he's firmware been hack? o.O
    And why do i see other D5k users who can have continues shot without buffering?
    a nikon d50 shoots 2.5fps.
    a nikon d80 shoots 3fps(if i iremembered it rightly)
    a nikon d90 shoots 4.5fps
    a nikon d200 shoots 5fps excluding battery grip
    a nikon d300 shoots 6fps excluding battery grip

    you also have to take into consideration the buffer size and what type of memory card is used.
    CF cards are faster and Semipro and Pro bodies have higher buffer. some camera even writes directly to the memory card

    my d90 with 4gb Sandisk 15mb/s (Ultra) shoots a max of 7frames before the buffer runs out while my d300 shoots 12 frames before the buffer runs out and shoot 1 frame after that. how fast the buffer writes to the memory card also has to take into consideration.
    Nikon D7000 : Tamron 17-50VC f2.8, SB-900
    Nikon D90 : Nikon 18-105 VR, SB-600

  6. #6

    Default Re: Nikon D5K Fps

    hmm i check it out at some shops and i ask if i have a faster memory card would give me better fps..
    but they say it only store videos faster then taking photos..
    i guess the buffering is slow?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Nikon D5K Fps

    Quote Originally Posted by TooTyPooPy View Post
    hmm i check it out at some shops and i ask if i have a faster memory card would give me better fps..
    but they say it only store videos faster then taking photos..
    i guess the buffering is slow?
    It will NOT give you faster FPS, but allow the camera to flush the buffer faster so that you can continue to shoot at the camera's max FPS.

    If you really need more fps, then you need to invest in a proper body rather than a budget model.
    Alpha

  8. #8

    Default Re: Nikon D5K Fps

    what i wan is for it to continously shoot with out slowing down.. i dun mind if it read slowly on the card.. just wondering and way for it to just not stop or slow down..
    i play SLR more then my Dslr =)

  9. #9

    Default Re: Nikon D5K Fps

    Quote Originally Posted by TooTyPooPy View Post
    what i wan is for it to continously shoot with out slowing down.. i dun mind if it read slowly on the card.. just wondering and way for it to just not stop or slow down..
    i play SLR more then my Dslr =)
    Why do you want to shoot so many shots in a single burst?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Nikon D5K Fps

    hmm.. no reasons.. does your d5000 slows down after 4 fps?

  11. #11

    Default Re: Nikon D5K Fps

    Quote Originally Posted by TooTyPooPy View Post
    hmm.. no reasons.. does your d5000 slows down after 4 fps?
    No it doesn't, it can take about 13~14 shots before slowing down. This also depends on how big the file ends up, so ISO and other factors also affect it. If you just put the lens cap on and set a shutter speed of like 1/2000 it can practically shoot forever, don't want to waste my shutter count so I stopped testing that at 34 shots...

    And I don't know where they get 4 frames per second, it just doesn't feel like 4 fps.

    by the way, fps = frame rate. frame rate doesn't slow down after frame rate, it slows down after a certain number of frames, when the buffer cannot handle it.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Nikon D5K Fps

    haha thx for the info..
    Why ppl talks about Shutter Count too ?? will my life span of my dslr die fast if i keep shooting ? o.O

  13. #13

    Default Re: Nikon D5K Fps

    Quote Originally Posted by TooTyPooPy View Post
    haha thx for the info..
    Why ppl talks about Shutter Count too ?? will my life span of my dslr die fast if i keep shooting ? o.O
    I suggest a google search on "what is shutter life".
    Alpha

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •