Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikon Asia - Facebook

Default Re: Nikon Asia - Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Not that I support that photographer in anyway whatsoever but it is possible for both of the subjects to maintain neutral buoyancy in an underwater environment so technically speaking the female diver is simply holding on to one of the arms of the octopus and not dangling it, whether the octopus is struggling to break free remained to be seen.

Let's not simply jump to conclusions, shall we?
    In any case, man-handling of any marine creature is a big no no. That why some marine park discourage diver wearing gloves when diving.

Is this a competition whereby the most "like" wins...or the number of votes garnered by public and not judges? din look like a good shot really...
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

This competition is mainly for the fact to promote nikon fan page by simply joining the group. The lucky draw is drawn randomly from anyone who join the fan group, not judged by photo..

However the abuse of marina life by that photographer is sure something that can be questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by ITphobia View Post
    This competition is mainly for the fact to promote nikon fan page by simply joining the group. The lucky draw is drawn randomly from anyone who join the fan group, not judged by photo..

However the abuse of marina life by that photographer is sure something that can be questioned.
    They have agreed to remove the photo, only because someone posted some abusive languages. Not because they disagree to Manhandling of Marine Creature

Some Marine Creatures are highly venomous or poisonous, stings or bite by them can cause paralysis, pain beyond your imagination and of cos death. These are the dangers to the humans.

When a Human gets hurt, they blame the creature, which leads to mass hunting for these poor creatures.

if you want to pose, bring your own rubber ducky down.

Its never a pretty sight to see divers posing with marine creatures, grabbing them kicking them as if they are some soft toys.

Im disappointed with Nikon(or who ever is fronting the page in facebook), allowing this to happen and yet give lame reasons when questions, and later remove the photo for the wrong reason.

sgkonglong
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by lovells19 View Post
    They have agreed to remove the photo, only because someone posted some abusive languages. Not because they disagree to Manhandling of Marine Creature

Some Marine Creatures are highly venomous or poisonous, stings or bite by them can cause paralysis, pain beyond your imagination and of cos death. These are the dangers to the humans.

When a Human gets hurt, they blame the creature, which leads to mass hunting for these poor creatures.

if you want to pose, bring your own rubber ducky down.

Its never a pretty sight to see divers posing with marine creatures, grabbing them kicking them as if they are some soft toys.

Im disappointed with Nikon(or who ever is fronting the page in facebook), allowing this to happen and yet give lame reasons when questions, and later remove the photo for the wrong reason.
    Hey bro, I am totally in-line with you on the part of "no-touching" the marine life. Bad on the organizer that overlooked this portion, but at least they made their ground to explain things and make a public apology on the Facebook. But I think the photographer has a bigger responsibility in her actions.

sgkonglong
    Guests

BTW, I happen to click into one of the guy who was commenting on the abuse of marine life in Facebook and saw him touching on marine life too.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...0&id=749846001

Is this classified as an abuse too? Apologies, I am not a diver. So not sure what is what.

Quote Originally Posted by sgkonglong View Post
    BTW, I happen to click into one of the guy who was commenting on the abuse of marine life in Facebook and saw him touching on marine life too.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...0&id=749846001

Is this classified as an abuse too? Apologies, I am not a diver. So not sure what is what.
    I guess it feels the same as when you walk along orchard road then suddenly some passer-bys come and man-handle you...
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Quote Originally Posted by sgkonglong View Post
    Hey bro, I am totally in-line with you on the part of "no-touching" the marine life.
    Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    I guess it feels the same as when you walk along orchard road then suddenly some passer-bys come and man-handle you...
    Really no-touching? Then I wonder what our current marine conservation oceanarium is doing to educate our future generation?

The Underwater World oceanarium on Sentosa is home to more than 2,500 fishes from 250 different species. Start your tour with the Touch Pool for some 'hands on' experience with starfish, stingrays and if you dare, baby sharks.
    UWS

sgkonglong
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by tecrec View Post
    Really no-touching? Then I wonder what our current marine conservation oceanarium is doing to educate our future generation?

UWS
    Well I guess so, I am looking at the Facebook page and I see a huge bunch of angry divers gunning at this issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12