Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP!!! i accidently formated my CF card

Default HELP!!! i accidently formated my CF card

hi people, do you know any recovery sofewear. i formated almost 1000++ photos i took in china and i donno wat to do now. plz help. thanks

Default Re: HELP!!! i accidently formated my CF card

Use one of these: http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/sy...arecovery.HTML

As long as you didn't write anything to the card after formatting, the chances of recovery are high.

Quick format in camera or computer? Chances are good that you can recover the pictures. Full format done? Go and book the trip again ...
    EOS

i accidentally formatted mine before...and I used Cardrecovery and I was lucky and able to retrieve my photos....maybe you can give it a try ...good luck...
    At the heart of the image ....

You can try Recuva
    Very effective in recovering formatted/deleted files.

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Quote Originally Posted by mskong View Post
    You can try Recuva
    Very effective in recovering formatted/deleted files.

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

What is the chance of recovering my old deleted files in my SD card? cause my harddisk just die and all my photos are inside ...
    I'm just a photographer looking for my world~

Hi im offering Hardisk, Memory Card recovery (Card or hardisk must detectable by PC). PM me for details.
    Nikon D300s + MB-D10 | Nikon D60 | 18 - 55 mm VR | 18 - 105 mm VR | 50 mm 1.8D | SB 600

Quote Originally Posted by Zackt87 View Post
    What is the chance of recovering my old deleted files in my SD card? cause my harddisk just die and all my photos are inside ...
    hard disk data can be recovered bro....don't have to recover it from u're sd card....
    Nikon D700, N24-70 f2.8, N70-200 f2.8, Sigma 50mm f1.4.

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw23 View Post
    Hi im offering Hardisk, Memory Card recovery (Card or hardisk must detectable by PC). PM me for details.
    it cannot be detected ... ... even thru disk management ... tired both XP n Win7 OS

Quote Originally Posted by RezzShaz View Post
    hard disk data can be recovered bro....don't have to recover it from u're sd card....
    i wish i can recover my harddisk .. that y the one and only last resort is my SD ..
    Last edited by Zackt87; 19th May 2010 at 10:36 AM.

TS, can do update again if Sabee's link is able to help you retrieve? curious to know...
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Try this flash card recovery freeware.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/smartrecovery.html

If you have the SanDisk RescuePro software that comes with higher end cards from SanDisk, you should be able to recover files. In fact that software works for any media, hard disks too.

there is still hope to recover the photo from the dead hdd, but i think its gonna cost a lot. i save all my photo and other work files in a NAS at home running RAID 1 to avoid such cases.
    Nikon D700| 70-200mm f/2.8G VR2| 28-70mm f/2.8D| 85mm f/1.8G| 50mm f/1.8G| SB900/SB28| MB-D10

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Chan View Post
    there is still hope to recover the photo from the dead hdd, but i think its gonna cost a lot. i save all my photo and other work files in a NAS at home running RAID 1 to avoid such cases.
    true ... i rather spend the cost of recovering for oversea trip .. i'll hv to get a 2 more ext 2.5" hdd for backup in future ...

true ... i rather spend the cost of recovering for oversea trip .. i'll hv to get a 2 more ext 2.5" hdd for backup in future ...
    its not just having 2 external hdd, get a RAID 1 NAS. firstly coping files to 2 hdd is time consuming (1000 photo about 2000 sec = 33mins, 2hdd = 66mins), and then at alot of time we will be lazy to do it and forgot about it.

NAS runs on a network, i map the drive on my pc and everything is automatic from the moment i import my files from the camera and mirroring on the 2 hdd. it even warn be if one hdd is faulty on down. $200 more for avoiding regrets, i think its worth it.
    Nikon D700| 70-200mm f/2.8G VR2| 28-70mm f/2.8D| 85mm f/1.8G| 50mm f/1.8G| SB900/SB28| MB-D10

NAS runs on a network, i map the drive on my pc and everything is automatic from the moment i import my files from the camera and mirroring on the 2 hdd. it even warn be if one hdd is faulty on down. $200 more for avoiding regrets, i think its worth it.
    Hi Alan
    is your NAS Raid 1 system with 2 HDD only costing $200? can share what system you purchase and capacity of the HDD?
    Tks

Raid is more for redundancy than as backup.

If you accidentally deleted the files, both HDs are affected (which is TS situation). There is also possibility of Raid controller failure and you'll need to get a exact same one in order to access the HDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Quick format in camera or computer? Chances are good that you can recover the pictures. Full format done? Go and book the trip again ...
    Quick or full format affect the data exactly the same. What full format does that quick doesn't is a full scan.

Quote Originally Posted by delighttheimpossible View Post
    hi people, do you know any recovery sofewear. i formated almost 1000++ photos i took in china and i donno wat to do now. plz help. thanks
    Try RECUVE, as mentioned in one of the reply above.
    However if will take quite a long time for the software to recover the formatted files. Better than lossing them I guess. Good luck

Sometimes I wonder about the real benefits of RAID 1. While it protects data loss in the event of a single hard disk failure. But more often than not, it is the consumer raid controller that fails first. Also when a single harddisk fails, you are likely not able to access to the remaining harddisk until you replaced the failed harddisk and have the raid array up again. And if you take out the remaining hdd and plug it to a PC running Linux/Win/Mac, it will likely to be not recognised.

I will just get a single hdd NAS that allows for scheduled back-up to an external usb device on FAT32.

-------------

Back to the TS' problem.

Sandisk provide RescuePro
    http://www.lc-tech.com/rescuepro/

Transcend provide Photo Recovery
    http://www.transcendusa.com/Products...toRecovery.asp

There are a lot of data recovery software on the Internet. You can see which works for you. I am also trying to recover one photo which I have erased and written over. Will revert if I am successful.
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 19th May 2010 at 03:01 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast