Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [dingaroo] Civic District Photo-Walkabout

Smile Re: [dingaroo] Civic District Photo-Walkabout

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    there have been some 'complaint' posts like "why the outing all clash....?"

look... people are organising all these free outings out of their own time and effort, with no financial benefit to themselves at all.
    Instead of complaining, I urge people to start organising their own outings. Don't always wait for people to organise.
    I hope to see the gatherings & Outings subforum to be a bustling place in the near future.
    mmmm...
    Last edited by lbclbc; 18th May 2010 at 03:13 PM.

Default Re: [dingaroo] Civic District Photo-Walkabout

Quote Originally Posted by scubagolfer
    Haha, bro Kevin , no lah, just wondering 28 May since is holiday will have less people on the streets, might be better day to take pics mah
    I never aim you!!! don't worry don't worry...

I would like to share my personal experience regarding all the Newbies Outings which I started last April.
    At that time, there were less outings than you see nowadays on clubsnap.
    I had gotten my first DSLR less than 6 months prior to that, and after a few months, discovered clubsnap. From browsing the newbies forums and looking at the galleries, I felt I had learned some little bit here and there. Through experimentation, the little pieces of the jigsaw began to fall into place.

DSLRs were taking off in terms of sales, and I could see more and more people carrying them around. But I felt that people weren't really using them properly, especially with regards to night landscapes.

Thus I felt 'inspired' to start the Newbies Outings for both social reasons as well as group learning. Really, organising an outing isn't all that difficult. After 9 outings so far I think I've got it down pat... slowly you can see that the organisation is getting better.

Through these outings I've been able to meet some inspiring photographers, some more experienced and more dedicated than me. I hope I've learnt something from them and can see some improvement in my own photography. It really is a sense of self-satisfaction when you organising an outing and all goes well. To receive a lot of thanks is just the icing on the cake!

anyway, I've gone on long enough... hope I have inspired others to start organising??
    Exploring! :)

Deregistered

I would like to share my personal experience regarding all the Newbies Outings which I started last April.
    I had gotten my first DSLR less than 6 months prior to that, and after a few months, discovered clubsnap. From browsing the newbies forums and looking at the galleries, I felt I had learned some little bit here and there. Through experimentation, the little pieces of the jigsaw began to fall into place.

DSLRs were taking off in terms of sales, and I could see more and more people carrying them around. But I felt that people weren't really using them properly, especially with regards to night landscapes.

Thus I felt 'inspired' to start the Newbies Outings for both social reasons as well as group learning. Really, organising an outing isn't all that difficult. After 9 outings so far I think I've got it down pat... slowly you can see that the organisation is getting better.

Through these outings I've been able to meet some inspiring photographers, some more experienced and more dedicated than me. I hope I've learnt something from them and can see some improvement in my own photography. It really is a sense of self-satisfaction when you organising an outing and all goes well. To receive a lot of thanks is just the icing on the cake!

anyway, I've gone on long enough... hope I have inspired others to start organising??
    So you're retiring already?

7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

i also want to take early retirement! how?
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

nice one..
    Nikon D90/AF-S 18-105mm VR/AF50mm 1.8D/MB D80 Grip/GC584/Vitacon W.A. M. Converter.

Participants (updated on 18 May at 4.50pm)
    Shooters
    1. Sheaffey
    2. Jacobs
    3. bangchew86
    4. m102210
    5. Joshua Tan
    6. LomoPhotographer
    7. Thewickedgirl
    8. amber0248 (Gina)
    9. glgl96
    10. d3vlZ
    11. zapper10
    12. zapper10's friend
    Limited to 12 participants only, but if we have more seniors, will consider increasing the group size

Standby:
    1. kenny888
    2. dacteo
    3. neeker

Now, if only I can get more seniors like ZerocoolAstra, Numnumbal, wildcat, etc, but alas ... we'll wait and see. If we have more seniors I can lengthen the list a bit more to accommodate more people.

Thanks to Jacobs and ZerocoolAstra for pointing out and correcting the list! Thanks to you both. Was away from this island for a few hours!

Cheers!

it's not his fault....

Some people don't know how to use the 'quote' function properly!!!
    Bro zca, don't miss understand.. I don't brame bro Ding..
    My intention is to point out some people had overwrite those name who had fill-up at early stage..it's unfair for them..

look... people are organising all these free outings out of their own time and effort, with no financial benefit to themselves at all.
    Instead of complaining, I urge people to start organising their own outings. Don't always wait for people to organise.
    I hope to see the gatherings & Outings subforum to be a bustling place in the near future.
    Support you..
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Hi Glen,

Thank you for wishing us well. Have a great outing for your group too.

There'll be other outings in future. Just keep a lookout.

Cheers!

yes i will! but my project will comin out soon quit busy for a month.. i will miss most of the outing.

no body organizing an outing 28may fri? haha
    Nikon D90/AF-S 18-105mm VR/AF50mm 1.8D/MB D80 Grip/GC584/Vitacon W.A. M. Converter.

Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    i also want to take early retirement! how?
    Before u retire, pls teach me all ur "KungFu" to me...
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

i think all of us should be more thankful for all seniors to take out their precious time to organise outings, share their experience and teach newbies.
    they should deserve our thanks and compliments rather than complains.
    D3s, N24-70, N70-200 VR2, 85 1.4G, SB700, SB910

lol dinagroo,

i'll start organising an outing after i've completed my course at PSS and submitted my assignment. at least by then i can give the super newbies a bit of induction during the outing. now i'm still too green hahaha!

it'll be weird if someone ask me stuff.. and i've to ponder for long before answering them LOL!

I think it is unfair for those who have listed their names on both cleonbus's and my outing shooter list.

You are taking away a slot for someone else. So, please make up your mind which outing you want to be on.

I don't wish to name names.

Cheers!

Hi Dingaroo, I really had a lot of fun joining your last outings.

Shooters
    1. Sheaffey
    2. Jacobs
    3. bangchew86
    4. m102210
    5. Joshua Tan
    6. LomoPhotographer
    7. Thewickedgirl
    8. amber0248 (Gina)
    9. glgl96
    10. d3vlZ
    11. zapper10
    12. zapper10's friend
    Limited to 12 participants only, but if we have more seniors, will consider increasing the group size

Standby:
    1. kenny888
    2. dacteo
    3. neeker
    4. ethanwind

Now, if only I can get more seniors like ZerocoolAstra, Numnumbal, wildcat, etc, but alas ... we'll wait and see. If we have more seniors I can lengthen the list a bit more to accommodate more people.

Thanks to Jacobs and ZerocoolAstra for pointing out and correcting the list! Thanks to you both. Was away from this island for a few hours!

Cheers!

Shooters
    1. Sheaffey
    2. Jacobs
    3. bangchew86
    4. m102210
    5. Joshua Tan
    6. LomoPhotographer
    7. Thewickedgirl
    8. amber0248 (Gina)
    9. glgl96
    10. d3vlZ
    11. zapper10
    12. zapper10's friend

Standby:
    1. kenny888
    2. dacteo
    3. neeker
    4. ethanwind
    5. zaren

Deregistered

Dingaroo,i think these people have signed up in both of our outings:

Thewickedgirl
    Sheaffey
    kenny888
    ethanwind

To these few CS'ers above,please decide on which outing(Dingaroo or mine)you wanna go!Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Dingaroo,i think these people have signed up in both of our outings:

Thewickedgirl
    Sheaffey
    kenny888
    ethanwind

To these few CS'ers above,please decide on which outing(Dingaroo or mine)you wanna go!Thanks
    Sorry Dingaroo and cleonbus, i thought cleonbus outings is this week. I will go with my 1st signed up. Thanks.

Shooters
    1. Sheaffey
    2. Jacobs
    3. bangchew86
    4. m102210
    5. Joshua Tan
    6. LomoPhotographer
    7. Thewickedgirl
    8. amber0248 (Gina)
    9. glgl96
    10. d3vlZ
    11. zapper10
    12. zapper10's friend

Standby:
    1. kenny888
    2. dacteo
    3. neeker
    4. zaren

Guys i noticed a space .. since no more space for shooters .. i have taken the liberty to put myself on the standby list

Shooters
    1. Sheaffey
    2. Jacobs
    3. bangchew86
    4. m102210
    5. Joshua Tan
    6. LomoPhotographer
    7. Thewickedgirl
    8. amber0248 (Gina)
    9. glgl96
    10. d3vlZ
    11. zapper10
    12. zapper10's friend

Standby:
    1. kenny888
    2. dacteo
    3. neeker
    4. zaren
    5. Flightspeed (newbie)

wow, people are just signing up for the sake of signing up..
    "If ur pictures aren't gd enough, u're just not close enough..." | Flickr

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast