Thread: What I see on web and on Lightroom is...

Default What I see on web and on Lightroom is...

Different!

When I uploaded my picture from lightroom to flickr, and looked at flickr. It seems unexposed!
    Even on the same monitor?

Any ideas?

Default Re: What I see on web and on Lightroom is...

can you print screen and show us the difference?

it could be color space problem, but that would not explain "exposure differences"

Alright give me a while - intentionally overexposed some photos but some parts blown-over..i'll reupload a more tame one and see

Maybe I was too quick to judge? I saw the medium sized picture and it looked underexposed compared to what I set in lightroom. Trying again one upload..takes some time dunno why.
    Actually it happened too for this shot:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/31221849@N06/4598462947/

The exposure looked a teeny bit brighter than that in lightroom

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ang View Post
    Maybe I was too quick to judge? I saw the medium sized picture and it looked underexposed compared to what I set in lightroom. Trying again one upload..takes some time dunno why.
    Actually it happened too for this shot:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/31221849@N06/4598462947/

The exposure looked a teeny bit brighter than that in lightroom
    sorry, i mean what you saw in lightroom.

you can do this by using the printscreen button.

open new window in photoshop, paste the screen, crop out the relevant part with the lightroom panels, and upload it.

i think if you are taking too long, it is because you did not resize your photo before upload?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    sorry, i mean what you saw in lightroom.

you can do this by using the printscreen button.

open new window in photoshop, paste the screen, crop out the relevant part with the lightroom panels, and upload it.

i think if you are taking too long, it is because you did not resize your photo before upload?
    I'm using the flickr add-on ... I suspect the internet is lagging!

Okay..they do look the same to me now.
    Maybe my 25.5" monitor tricks my eyes when i look at small vs big pictures

EDIT: or not! the top one seems a little dimmer..

the top one is brighter

histograms are different, but not that different. only in the highlights are there vast differences.

firstly, i do not know if compressing changes brightness levels, i think at best changes are slight because of details being lost.

when you upload on flickr, if your photo is larger than 1024 pixels longest edge they will resize for you unless you have pro account. this will cause changes in photo, including any color profile that might have been embedded to be discarded.

is the lightroom print screen image the same as what you see in lightroom when processing?

the top one is brighter

histograms are different, but not that different. only in the highlights are there vast differences.

firstly, i do not know if compressing changes brightness levels, i think at best changes are slight because of details being lost.

when you upload on flickr, if your photo is larger than 1024 pixels longest edge they will resize for you unless you have pro account. this will cause changes in photo, including any color profile that might have been embedded to be discarded.

is the lightroom print screen image the same as what you see in lightroom when processing?
    Yeah, it is

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ang View Post
    Yeah, it is
    might be color space problem.

make sure you have resized and embedded working profile before uploading on the web.

might be color space problem.

make sure you have resized and embedded working profile before uploading on the web.
    I'm pretty sure I'm not sure how to embed working profile - I just let the add-on do everything Colour Management is a big topic to me LOL!

Anyway thanks for trying~! Gonna hit the sack, continue trying tmr after 6.