Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: LX3 lens adapter

  1. #1

    Default LX3 lens adapter

    Hi

    Just wan to ask whether can i get a 3rd party len adapter for my LX3? For example:
    http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-Adapter...4093446&sr=8-2
    Is there any differences between this and the offical LA4?

    As im thinking of getting the .45x opteka lens.
    Thanks

  2. #2

    Default Re: LX3 lens adapter

    Hi there, i got my 3d party from the mass sales corner from Dimage.
    But i find it abit hard to put on sometimes. Don't know whether is it suppose to be liddat anot.
    If you getting the 0.45 wide lens. Do pm me =)

  3. #3

    Default Re: LX3 lens adapter

    get the pandabase.

    search in ebay. very good and solid adaptor

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: LX3 lens adapter

    Quote Originally Posted by pananoia View Post
    Hi

    Just wan to ask whether can i get a 3rd party len adapter for my LX3? For example:
    http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-Adapter...4093446&sr=8-2
    Is there any differences between this and the offical LA4?

    As im thinking of getting the .45x opteka lens.
    Thanks
    I have the original DMW-LA4 and fitting is very smooth and firm. Some 3rd party ones are gd too but depending on which type as some are hard to screw in while some others the fitting is not as secured.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  5. #5

    Default Re: LX3 lens adapter

    Guys, if you're ordering the Opteka 0.45x wide angle converter, don't bother getting the adapter as it comes supplied. The supplied adapter works perfectly fine, screws onto the LX3 without a problem. The difference between the Opteka adapter and the original DMW-LA4 would mainly just be the difference in the filter thread diameter.

    DMW-LA4, if I'm not wrong, has a 46mm filter thread, which will not fit the Opteka 0.45x converter for LX3. Opteka's 0.45x wide angle converter comes with a 52mm filter thread adapter.

  6. #6

    Default Re: LX3 lens adapter

    Quote Originally Posted by Jit View Post
    Guys, if you're ordering the Opteka 0.45x wide angle converter, don't bother getting the adapter as it comes supplied. The supplied adapter works perfectly fine, screws onto the LX3 without a problem. The difference between the Opteka adapter and the original DMW-LA4 would mainly just be the difference in the filter thread diameter.

    DMW-LA4, if I'm not wrong, has a 46mm filter thread, which will not fit the Opteka 0.45x converter for LX3. Opteka's 0.45x wide angle converter comes with a 52mm filter thread adapter.
    Thanks for the great info. My 3rd party adapter abit hard to screw scare that i spoil the thread. If only there is Opteka seller in SG ~_~

  7. #7

    Default Re: LX3 lens adapter

    Haha I had to ship mine in from the US as well. Bought on Amazon, but the shipping to Singapore is a whopping 59.90 USD! I had it shipped to Vpost USA which then sent it over to me, which is a much cheaper option especially if you share shipping with someone else.

  8. #8

    Default Re: LX3 lens adapter

    the Shipping so exp i rather get the tele lens also -_-

  9. #9

    Default Re: LX3 lens adapter

    haha 59.90 USD is if you ship direct to Singapore through Amazon. Shipping through Vpost would probably cost you about $15 - $16 SGD. (rough estimate as I shipped other items as well, but amounted to a total of $22)

  10. #10

    Default Re: LX3 lens adapter

    Go to this shop in Bugis. Bought one at $15.

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=639066

  11. #11

    Default Re: LX3 lens adapter

    Quote Originally Posted by Jit View Post
    haha 59.90 USD is if you ship direct to Singapore through Amazon. Shipping through Vpost would probably cost you about $15 - $16 SGD. (rough estimate as I shipped other items as well, but amounted to a total of $22)
    one question how long does it take for you to receive?

  12. #12

    Default Re: LX3 lens adapter

    OH sorry now that I'm re-reading the thread, think there may be a misunderstanding.. $59.90 USD is for shipping the Opteka 0.45x Wide Angle Converter with the 52mm adapter included.. LOL I wouldn't be paying $59.90 just for an adapter..

  13. #13

    Default Re: LX3 lens adapter

    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch View Post
    one question how long does it take for you to receive?
    probably slightly less than 2 weeks?

  14. #14

    Default Re: LX3 lens adapter

    Ah ok thanks.

  15. #15

    Default Re: LX3 lens adapter

    heya i jus buy a pandabase lens adapter tube only for less then USD10 with shipment.
    Although it is in gold colour, go check it out.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Golden-Lens-Adap...item563c8218f1
    Waiting for it to arrive and keep u guys update

  16. #16

    Default Re: LX3 lens adapter

    Sorry post the wrong site above
    This the 1
    http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=lx3...286.m270.l1313

  17. #17

    Default Re: LX3 lens adapter

    Hi there Vpost is having a promotion, issit true can someone confirm? =D
    $20 OFF First Shipment for New Customers (now till 31 July 2010)
    Limited to first time new customers, no minimum vPOST shipping charge required

    O nvm i saw it only for uob credit or debit card ~_~
    Last edited by Lelouch; 28th May 2010 at 10:08 PM.

  18. #18

    Default Re: LX3 lens adapter

    I just got myself pandabase adapter but i've got problem removing my lx3 front lens ring to mount on my adapter
    No matter how i turn the ring anticlockwise using my thumb and forefinger .. the ring doesnt even shift at all.
    Must i really use alot of force anot? I scare will spoil the ring lei..

  19. #19
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: LX3 lens adapter

    Use those 1/4" rubber band round the ring and turn.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: LX3 lens adapter

    If cannot use this:


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •