Thread: Definition of "No Flash Photography"

Default Definition of "No Flash Photography"

Not sure if any bro here encountered this before:

Went to last Saturday's Xin Yao concert at Esplanade (which was quite worth the $ coz it's 4.5 hours long!)
    At the time i booked the tickets at Sistic website, i came across the term "No flash photography",
    i thought that during the concert i can still take pictures as long as i do not fire the flash.

To my surprise, I was actually stopped by an usher when i started shooting some pictures even before the concert began

Would like to clarify if "No Flash Photography" = "No Photography"?
    If so, why do they still bother to put in the word "Flash"?

Default Re: Definition of "No Flash Photography"

Quote Originally Posted by pedigree98 View Post
    Not sure if any bro here encountered this before:

Went to last Saturday's Xin Yao concert at Esplanade (which was quite worth the $ coz it's 4.5 hours long!)
    At the time i booked the tickets at Sistic website, i came across the term "No flash photography",
    i thought that during the concert i can still take pictures as long as i do not fire the flash.

To my surprise, I was actually stopped by an usher when i started shooting some pictures even before the concert began

Would like to clarify if "No Flash Photography" = "No Photography"?
    If so, why do they still bother to put in the word "Flash"?
    to my understanding, "No Flash Photography" is the Sistic rule.

NO PHOTOGRAPHY could be the organizer's RULE.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Check all materials and see if 'No photography' is stated anywhere in the Ts&Cs.

At any rate, most concerts do not allow photography or videography of any kind.

ok... thanks a lot for clearing up my doubt, bros

Quote Originally Posted by pedigree98 View Post
    usually they will make an announcement before the event, maybe you were not paying attention?

most of such things (including plays) do not allow photography or video recording of any sort.. there are exceptions of course.. like WOMAD as i recall does not disallow photography. if they disallow, they will have the standard announcement sometime before the event starts and/or right before it starts..
    Last edited by night86mare; 17th May 2010 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    usually they will make an announcement before the event, maybe you were not paying attention?

most of such things (including plays) do not allow photography or video recording of any sort.. there are exceptions of course.. like WOMAD as i recall does not disallow photography. if they disallow, they will have the standard announcement sometime before the event starts and/or right before it starts..
    I could've missed the announcement
    lesson learned: study all the T&Cs before entering the concert hall :P

i was at the night event at the outdoor theatre, shooting without a flash. one of the staff kept looking at me, and after I snapped off abour 20 shots over 5 minutes, he came to me and said "no flash".

I think he was trying to tell me my flash was off. Then again..

Quote Originally Posted by Sausage View Post
    ... he came to me and said "no flash".

I think he was trying to tell me my flash was off. Then again..
    hahaha, this is a good one