Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Architectural + Cityscape Photography #4

Default Re: Architectural + Cityscape Photography #4

Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Totally agreed with u, Kit..

No funny business pls guys.. My wife is for me to shoot only..

Pls respect this thread and Kit's intentions and dedication to Architectural + Cityscape Photograph..
    sorry bro!

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    its meant to be a joke. why get so serious?
    I regret that apparently a few of us, me included don't see it as a joke. We are generally a fun bunch but we do draw lines and refrain from crossing them.

Quote Originally Posted by nmaishari View Post

Participants:
    1. idiosynkrasia
    2. jeffid
    3. wildcat
    4. Scubagolfer & Mrs
    5. stanhong
    6. Reserved
    7. Dleugene & Mrs (S5IS)
    8. zelot
    9. coolthought
    10. fudoushin
    11. wmayeo
    12. divingnemo

Reserves:
    1. nmaishari
    Quote Originally Posted by rfoto View Post
    Participants:
    1. idiosynkrasia
    2. jeffid
    3. wildcat
    4. Scubagolfer & Mrs
    5. stanhong
    6. reneey
    7. Dleugene & Mrs (S5IS)
    8. zelot
    9. coolthought
    10. fudoushin
    11. wmayeo
    12. divingnemo

Reserves:
    1. nmaishari
    2. TonyT
    3. Numnumball
    4. Lamergod
    5.litechaser
    6. rfoto

newbie incoming. can i slot myself into the reserve queue?
    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    my bad, cos i am definitely joining. hence i place myself in #13. didn't know the list stop at #12.

cos i see Kit first post stop at #10 but i see there is #11 and #12 being add so i tot it is ok to add myself as #13. my apologies if this offends anyone.

Then what do you think a reserves list is for?? o.O??

Only the organiser can add numbers to the main list. Becos he himself will know what is a manageable group size for him and if you can read... he just got additional helpers.

Even nmaishari and rfoto who have joined cs more recently knows how this works.

Put it simply. None of your excuses work.

By doing so, you just gave the organiser additional work to make sure everything is correct and fair. If you want us (especially the organiser and peeps in the reserves list) to accept your apologies, please don't do this again.
    Last edited by coolthought; 20th May 2010 at 12:57 AM.

I think this is one of the more serious outings, and have Kit to thank for. Unlike previous outings where it's mostly landscape, a lot of people taking what they want and more of a gathering than anything else, this one actually has a purpose in mind and thus it's not a short outing either (nor for those who will get bored easily).

Most of us joining this already has something in mind what we want to achieve at the end of the outing... for me, it's learning a bit more of how Kit sees architecture, as he's one of the experts in this area and also I don't have much else to learn from books other than trying to pick up vibes from Kit's other pictures posted in forum. I will be bringing, amongst other things, my 50mm as I know I have been (and still) underutilizing it's potential to take architecture photos (this was highlighted by Kit for my photos before), thus I wanna learn more on this also.

Probably one of the things to ask is, what do we as individuals want to achieve from this outing.

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    Then what do you think a reserves list is for?? o.O??

Only the organiser can add numbers to the main list. Becos he himself will know what is a manageable group size for him and if you can read... he just got additional helpers.

Even nmaishari and rfoto who have joined cs more recently knows how this works.

Put it simply. None of your excuses work.

By doing so, you just gave the organiser additional work to make sure everything is correct and fair. If you want us (especially the organiser and peeps in the reserves list) to accept your apologies, please don't do this again.
    if u think I am giving an excuse then u continue to think it that way. I am not giving any excuse, what I will get for giving an excuse here

just FYI, reserves list doesn't always implies that way. It can also mean, "I want to come but cannot confirm yet".

Since this is my thread, I get to decide what the reserve list means.

Ok, the updated list again. This time, I hope the message is loud and clear. No. 7 on the reserve list has been struck off.

Participants:
    1. idiosynkrasia
    2. jeffid
    3. wildcat
    4. Scubagolfer & Mrs
    5. stanhong
    6. reneey
    7. Dleugene & Mrs (S5IS)
    8. zelot
    9. coolthought
    10. fudoushin
    11. wmayeo
    12. divingnemo
    End of list

Reserves:
    1. nmaishari
    2. TonyT
    3. Numnumball
    4. Lamergod
    5.litechaser
    6. rfoto

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Since this is my thread, I get to decide what the reserve list means.

Ok, the updated list again. This time, I hope the message is loud and clear. No. 7 on the reserve list has been struck off.

Participants:
    1. idiosynkrasia
    2. jeffid
    3. wildcat
    4. Scubagolfer & Mrs
    5. stanhong
    6. reneey
    7. Dleugene & Mrs (S5IS)
    8. zelot
    9. coolthought
    10. fudoushin
    11. wmayeo
    12. divingnemo
    End of list

Reserves:
    1. nmaishari
    2. TonyT
    3. Numnumball
    4. Lamergod
    5.litechaser
    6. rfoto

It's fine with me if I am not welcome. I will respect your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I think this is one of the more serious outings, and have Kit to thank for. Unlike previous outings where it's mostly landscape, a lot of people taking what they want and more of a gathering than anything else, this one actually has a purpose in mind and thus it's not a short outing either (nor for those who will get bored easily).

Most of us joining this already has something in mind what we want to achieve at the end of the outing... for me, it's learning a bit more of how Kit sees architecture, as he's one of the experts in this area and also I don't have much else to learn from books other than trying to pick up vibes from Kit's other pictures posted in forum. I will be bringing, amongst other things, my 50mm as I know I have been (and still) underutilizing it's potential to take architecture photos (this was highlighted by Kit for my photos before), thus I wanna learn more on this also.

Probably one of the things to ask is, what do we as individuals want to achieve from this outing.
    Hi Wildcat, thanks for your musings. It certainly proved timely for me. I too have been trying to decide what I would like to get out of this experience - develop an "eye" for (good) composition, proficiency with exposure, or even just as simple as realising the potential of my equipment. After reading your post, I think I'll push myself a little harder, stick to just a 50mm, and see where that takes me. Now if only providence could somehow get me onto the "participants" list...

Good to have items.....

A medium telephoto lens which can cover various focal lengths from 35mm to 135mm would be very useful for those compressed compositions. Don't worry if you don't have the necessary equipment, we can figure out something for you there and then. Rhose with equipment other than a 35 format DSLR are more than welcomed to join us too. Chris, would love to see you do this with a 4x5
    Hi Wildcat, thanks for your musings. It certainly proved timely for me. I too have been trying to decide what I would like to get out of this experience - develop an "eye" for (good) composition, proficiency with exposure, or even just as simple as realising the potential of my equipment. After reading your post, I think I'll push myself a little harder, stick to just a 50mm, and see where that takes me. Now if only providence could somehow get me onto the "participants" list...
    rfoto. the recommended focal lengths...see above. However, I presume that this length is meant for a full frame camera. For a cropped frame, it is roughly about 50-200mm zoom. Bring this zoom if you have one.

For those wondering, in DX terms, the more common kit lenses e.g. 16-55, 18-135, 18-200, 55-200 are all appropriate for the outing. If you have problems accessing to these lenses, don't worry, I'm pretty sure someone in the group would be more than happy to lend them to you. I will most probably be bringing along a 16-35, a 50 and a 70-200 (Nikon lenses).

Kit will tell you, don't force it. Use the lens that will get the job done. But I feel there is place when forcing yourself to single lens... this is Kit's outing so just bring what you feel will be useful. I am bringing a couple that fits into what he mentioned - various focal lengths from 35mm to 135mm (most likely my kit 18-105mm on crop)

A request for this outing. Is it good to have a netbook for use to view the photos taken earlier while we are breaking for lunch and rest? This will help us to look into certain area and maybe re-adjust our technique?

Sounds good.. I am eager to see the pics you guys take on that day.. its good to see that there's a objective to be met and it does sounds exciting
    "If ur pictures aren't gd enough, u're just not close enough..." | Flickr

A request for this outing. Is it good to have a netbook for use to view the photos taken earlier while we are breaking for lunch and rest? This will help us to look into certain area and maybe re-adjust our technique?
    You bringing? That's fine with me

You bringing? That's fine with me
    I don't have one but I'm offering to help carry it if someone is willing to bring one. Preferably a backpack.... cos I have a weak back....

Hello all... i am very new to photography with no experiences and would like to learn from experienced shooters. May i know if i am too late to join in?

rfoto. the recommended focal lengths...see above. However, I presume that this length is meant for a full frame camera. For a cropped frame, it is roughly about 50-200mm zoom. Bring this zoom if you have one.
    For those wondering, in DX terms, the more common kit lenses e.g. 16-55, 18-135, 18-200, 55-200 are all appropriate for the outing. If you have problems accessing to these lenses, don't worry, I'm pretty sure someone in the group would be more than happy to lend them to you. I will most probably be bringing along a 16-35, a 50 and a 70-200 (Nikon lenses).
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Kit will tell you, don't force it. Use the lens that will get the job done. But I feel there is place when forcing yourself to single lens... this is Kit's outing so just bring what you feel will be useful. I am bringing a couple that fits into what he mentioned - various focal lengths from 35mm to 135mm (most likely my kit 18-105mm on crop)
    Thank you for your advice. Much appreciated.

wow, a very successful kit photography session, and it is full!

guys happy photography!

Sorry, I a newbie. Is it too late to join?

Hi Kit, mind putting me on the reserve list too?

Thanks.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast